Skellig

All puppets have a Puppet Master (( Player Applications for Applicants ))

Moderator: Officers

Skellig

Skellig

Unread post by Skellig »

Grim Application For William Skellig

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
On the WoW forums for Wyrmrest Accord.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
Been playing RPGs for decades now, starting with tabletop RPGs (D&D, AD&D, White Wolf, list goes on...) and in also multiple MMOs, WoW being the predominant one (but also DDO, Wildstar, LOTRO, SW:TOR, WAR, list also goes on...).

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
Been a part of several guilds over the years, both Alliance and Horde. Also PVE, PVP and strictly RP guilds. Frankly I love RP guilds the most as each of you hold a love for the lore and, most importantly, creating a group storyline. Love that. Also been known to run my own guild from time to time, but was never able to put the full time into running one.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
My Horde main. I do have an Alliance main that I also play fairly frequently. He's currently in the Gray Wardens guild, named Grimulf, although not a fully active member.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
I like the evil, less honor-bound nature of the guild. Skellig is a long-standing pirate and has been for years now IC'ly. This guild's less moral slant would fit him perfectly. Not to mention with recent events and the Forsaken left without a leader (for the time being), it makes sense for him to seek out opportunities for fun and profit.

I also appreciate the less-military aspect of the guild. It makes me feel like I can still maintain my RP concept, while being part of a larger organization.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I tend to prefer raiding DPS only classes. I used to heal raids, but I found the pressure to keep up to ilvl standards was too difficult. I've tanked in dungeons, but not raiding.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
Lots. Currently 164 honor level at the moment. Again, I tend to take a more casual approach however. BGs and WPVP are my fav, but I have been known to participate in an organized RBG from time to time. Arenas I tend to stay clear from.

Provide an armory link to your character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rd/skellig

What days/times do you typically play this character?
Most nights. Weekends are hit and miss depending on what my wife and I are doing. I do work from my home office, so occasionally you'll see my online during the day doing world quests or dailies.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Yes.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Forsaken / Death Knight - I wanted to roll a pirate IC'ly, prior to pirates being a thing officially. ;)
And I thought the Death Knight aesthetic actually did a fairly good job supporting the whole "pirate crew" thing. Just imagine Army of the Dead, while he shouts "ALL HANDS ON DECK!!"

You can read more (if you like) about William "Billy" Skellig at: https://skelligwra.tumblr.com

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
If there's profit and plunder to be had, then yes.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
Pirate..?

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
Just would like to know more about the events. I will note that I live on the West Coast so sometimes early hosted events (say earlier than 5pm server time) might prove challenging for me. Is that an issue for involvement and activity expectations?
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Skellig

Unread post by Syreenna »

Skellig wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:39 pm Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
Just would like to know more about the events. I will note that I live on the West Coast so sometimes early hosted events (say earlier than 5pm server time) might prove challenging for me. Is that an issue for involvement and activity expectations?

Hello!

Our typical weekly schedule: (all times server time)
  • Monday: Mythic+ dungeons, starting around 5:30 or 6:00
  • Tuesday & Thursday: Raid 5:30-8:30
  • Friday: Inquisition (RP event mainly for new people, but all Grim are welcome) 6:00
  • First Friday of the month (usually): Guild meeting 6:00

Other scheduled events happen on the other nights, usually starting around 5:30 or 6:00.

Sounds like you'll be fine with your schedule! :) But we also always understand that real life comes first, so if you can't make an event, no problem! (But if you're on the raid team, we like to know about lateness/absences, so we can plan for them.)

Feel free to join our Discord and chat with us: https://discord.gg/wGxxy6H
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Feyde
Irredeemable

Unread post by Feyde »

Application looks great!
Looking forward to seeing your Letter of Intent to get things rolling.
WrA Grim: Feyde Riana,
Grobbulus Grim: Reaver
Skellig

Unread post by Skellig »

Thank you both! Just posted my letter of intent right now! :)
Feyde
Irredeemable

Unread post by Feyde »

Admitted!
WrA Grim: Feyde Riana,
Grobbulus Grim: Reaver