A letter on a leaf.

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Nalu

A letter on a leaf.

Unread post by Nalu »

*A mocking bird drops a rolled leaf in front of the Guildhall's door and then flies to the nearest tree, looking for a branch to rest. The note reads:*

Greetings,

I have heard many tales and deeds of your brotherhood, and how just to name your organization evokes fear in the hearts of the alliance plague. Such things have inspired me since I was a child, and I feel that the time has finally come to humbly request that you allow me to be part of your guild. I am still a young Druid, but I am willing to do anything to achieve peace through annihilation and a better future for the races of the mighty Horde.

Lok'tar ogar,
Na'lu
Khorvis

Re: A letter on a leaf.

Unread post by Khorvis »

Scouts prowling the rotting forest surrounding the Halls of the Grim fired a succession of black arrows. The mocking bird was pincushioned in the blink of an eye and fell lifelessly to the shroom infested earth. One could never be too careful in these dangerous times, and wildlife was known to spy on the comings and goings of prominent adherents of the Mandate. The scouts collected the missive and delivered it through the dingy channels of goblin servants and shoddy automatons until it reached the office of the High Inquisitor.

Khorvis Bloodstar was absent, but the devices of the Mandate were not so crudely bound by temporal or geographic strictures. A wirey machine of suspicious origin (the greedier corners of the Nether being high upon the list of suspects) spidered its way over the cold stone of the chambers and plucked Nalu's letter from a growing pile of correspondence. Skittering back to the massive oak desk, it climbed its way to a second contraption festooned with crystalline growths and spotty mold. The squat homonculus belched out a parade of foul power-words that transmitted the leaf's contents to the hearthstone of its master, far away upon the plains of Mulgore.

Pausing for a moment from his contemplation on what the Mandate had in store for the lately dark tidings, Khorvis turned to his hearthstone and listened to his stenograph's transmission. The words were coded in an old dialect of ogre, partly his choosing and partly forced by the design of the machine. Still, he made out the gist of Nalu's intent and set about penning a response.
Khorvis wrote:To the one called Nalu,

The tales you may have heard are not the half of The Grim's story. If you do wish to learn the truth of the Mandate, you will show your face before the Inquisition this coming night of Monday. At 8:30 by the goblin clock, Grim will gather at the Ring of Trials in the Nagrand of this new Draenor. Set before us under the moon your will and resolve. We will judge your worth.

Lok'tar ogar,
Khorvis Bloodstar
High Inquisitor