How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I googled roleplaying guilds on Wyrmrest Accord, and found a year old post with a list of guild names in it.
Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I've been roleplaying in Pen and Paper games for about six years now as both a player and a DM, most of which was 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons, but I've also done some Shadowrun 5e. I'm currently running a weekly 'Vampire: The Masquerade' game as a Storyteller as well, and I'm a player in a weekly game of 'BattleTech: A Time of War'. I enjoy creating stories together with other players, and made some good friends doing so. As for D&D, I finished an entire homebrew campaign as a DM with the players at level 20 that took one and a half years to complete, which I'm pretty proud of accomplishing.
What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- Oh geez. I've been playing WoW on and off since the Burning Crusade expansion came out. I was pretty young then, and mostly just enjoyed levelling a character together with friends, with a Draenei Paladin as my main. Stuff happened, life happened. Came back to the game with Wrath of the Lich King and took to the game's PvE and PvP much more. That's probably still my favorite expansion to this day, even though I never got far in the raiding, but I had a great deal of fun on my Troll Shaman as a healer. Life happened again and I came back to the game with BfA just about several months ago, trying to level with a friend who turned out to stop playing the game, so I continued by myself on an RP server (Wyrmrest Accord, obviously) because I was curious to see what the WoW roleplay was like, after player PnP games for so long.
In short: I've played the game quite a bit, but never really saw end-game PvE content or overly invested in PvP besides a bunch of arena fights with friends, and common battlegrounds.
Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- Applying with main character, Siviress.
What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- I'd prefer to get into the PvE content mostly, but I don't -mind- PvP either, as long as there's no one dramatically shouting what I'm doing wrong. But I don't mind setting that aside for some RP, any time.
What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- In the past I've mostly focused on tanks and healers for PvE, since getting into dungeons is just that much easier for them. This is probably the first time I'm trying to get into end-game PvE with a DPS class (marksman hunter).
What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- Besides faffing about in battlegrounds, I did -some- arena fights back in the WotLK days. I wasn't good. I wasn't bad. *Shrug?* I don't have a particular preference when it comes to a class for PvP. I just PvP with whatever class I happen to have made for PvE.
Provide an armory link to your character.
- https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... d/siviress
It's a bit slow on updating.
What days/times do you typically play this character?
- I usually play in the afternoon or evenings, my timezone is GMT+2 (Belgium). Mostly free on Mon-Tue-Thurs-Fri-Sun.
Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- I'll make it one of the pages that opens when my browser does, so that it's part of the daily pages I check for messages.
What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Blood Elf Hunter, I chose that because if I was going to roleplay, I'd choose one of the Forsaken's Dark Rangers. I've always been curious to see where the story of the Forsaken would go (Sylvanas or no Sylvanas). Numerous posts on the internet also suggested this server had much more RP activity on the Horde side, but I probably would've picked Horde anyway. Besides my irrational hatred for gnomes (I'm kidding! ... or am I), the Horde has always had more memorable characters, in my opinion.
Edit: Changed this to be a normal Blood Elf that circumstances turned from a simple hunter, into an assassin.
Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Yes, and they absolutely can.
The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
- I've been roleplaying for 3 years on an old Neverwinter Nights 2 server, where I'm the leader of a player guild called the Zhentarim. In short, this faction's agenda is much akin to the Mandate. So yes, I do. Lawful Evil is my favorite alignment.
Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- I don't imagine the name 'Siviress' to be problematic concerning the guidelines, no.
Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- While I am roleplaying my character to be, basically, an Undead Blood Elf Dark Ranger of the Forsaken, if this is somehow unacceptable due to the rules you have in place, I have no qualms with changing things up should the need arise.
Edit: Race & Class edited to be appropriate to guild rules.