Locutus

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Locutus

Locutus

Unread post by Locutus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Grim Application For <Locutus>

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I first heard of the Grim from their WrA posts, and then saw on the Grobbulus discord that there is a Classic version. I do not know any members.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I have been a fairly heavy RPer on WrA for about 12 years off and on, and recently was able to start playing my first DnD campaign with some WoW friends. When I am IC I take it fairly seriously and try to put myself in my character's "headspace" as much as I can imagine, and I try to limit my OOC to private channels as much as possible.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- I have only really played the same character throughout my WoW experience- on retail- and for a while my friends and I formed a guild that was very similar to what the Grim seems to be about. Unfortunately over the years everyone else moved on (ie- real life) so I have been the only one left for some time. When we were active, it was the most fun I had in WoW.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- I plan on making Locutus my main in Classic. Honestly, retail doesn't hold much appeal for me anymore, stemming from a combination of growing tired of how it is now and all of my friends having left. I am super excited about Classic and thought it would be a good chance for a fresh start and change of pace. My retail main is Borgg of <Mok'Oshkazil> on WrA, an Orc warrior.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- I mainly look forward to being part of a group with shared goals. Being a part of something bigger and being a part of a team again is really appealing after having gone solo for so long. I am excited for the RP mostly but also how it can use PvP to bolster the IC things.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- I am a casual PvE player but mostly just to keep up with the storyline. Most of my experience was in PvP. All I have ever known is warrior.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- I very much enjoyed PvP, especially WPvP before crossrealm. I have earned quite a few BG achievements of note (Conquorer, etc) but never really focused on the rated stuff because it seemed it was less about having fun for a lot of people. I loved PvP as a warrior.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Fairly late at night and weekends. I work quite a bit but WoW is my downtime hobby. Since Classic launched, Locutus is all I've played.

Are you prepared to check these forums or our Discord at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- Yes.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Locutus is a Forsaken rogue. I chose this because I wanted a change of pace from the Orc warrior mentality I have always played, and the idea of being an evil knife in the dark sounds awesome. I have always thought it would be fun to be sneaky and Forsaken lore is really interesting, so I figured Classic would be a great starting point.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Yes and absolutely. I am all about it.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- I asked a member on Discord about this before applying, because technically Locutus is a reference to a Star Trek character, although I very much intend to play him as his own person. They gave me the green light to apply, so here I am- but I understand if it is an issue and respect that decision.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- Not at the moment, other than thank you for taking the time to read this. I am pretty jazzed at the prospect so I hope I didn't get too wordy.

<A faded piece of parchment is pinned to the top of a leaking box. In elegant, spidery writing, the letter reads as follows:>

Esteemed Members of the Grim,

News of your organization and its mission has intrigued me for some time, and if it is not too presumptuous, I humbly offer my services to the cause. It is a hard truth, but a truth nonetheless: that as long as the Alliance scum draw breath, there can be no peace for our respective peoples on Azeroth. It is admirable that you have already begun taking the necessary steps to ensure the future of the Horde, and if you would have me, it would be my privilege to fall in step within your ranks, however I may serve best.

I am including along with this letter several references. If more are necessary, I am certainly more than happy to oblige.

Suffer well,
Locutus

<Inside the box are several severed heads- two humans and a gnome. Their final expressions are frozen in what appears to have been considerable pain.>

Duskheron
Dreadweaver

Re: Locutus

Unread post by Duskheron » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:18 pm

You receive a small stiff card in the mail. It is embossed with The Grim logo. On one side is your name, on the other is a simple message "Find us."

((See viewtopic.php?f=103&t=12881

Whisper Tisk or Reaver ingame, or ping us in discord and we'll get you a guild invite.

Guild chat /g is IC
Officer /o is OOC

See you ingame!

))
Grobbulus Grim: Tisk
WRA Grim: Duskheron Zolotai

Locutus

Unread post by Locutus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 am

Locutus bowed to the courier, and then closed the door after him. He focused his attention on the message, turning it over and back, and then the corners of his lips twitched. Calling out over his shoulder, his raspy voice spoke in a pleasant tone.

"Well! It appears we have recieved a response to my request! And in the form of a challenge, no less. Intriguing."

The Forsaken crossed the room in stiff, jerky motions, though not slowly. He held the card up to the light and studied both sides once more before tucking the note into a side pocket of a loaded backpack. Placing his spindly hand on his chin, he tapped his lips in thought. His expression seemed to be one of mild bemusement, though it was hard to tell from his empty eyesockets.

"'Find us'.... 'Find us'....," he thought out loud, staring down at his gathered traveling gear. He again turned his head slightly and spoke behind him. "A test of worth! How delightful. Ah, but there is so much to do to prepare! And yet I wouldn't wish to keep them waiting." A muffled thud came in response, and he let out a wheezing chuckle.

"Listen to me prattling on! You're right, of course- I do tend to overthink things. It is all just so very exciting, you see. Unfortunately, I am afraid this leaves us at a bit of an impasse." The Forsaken furrowed his brow.

"While their reply indicates the recommendations of your compatriots were sufficient, it also means that yours is no longer necessary." The thumping sound became more agitated, almost frantic.

Locutus raised a hand without turning. "I know, I know- and believe me, I very much appreciate your enthusiasm in helping. But do not fret; while I am eager to be off, it would simply be rude to part without giving you a proper goodbye." He lowered the mechanized goggles that were attached to the mount bolted into his skull. There was an unsettling squelching sound as their needles slid into his sockets, and then a soft whirring as the lenses began to glow a faint and sickly green. He looked at the various knives strewn across the table beside his backpack, then hovered his finger over several before finally selecting one.

He turned fully now to face his companion. A human sat bound tightly to a chair. Tears streamed down its face, cutting paths through the dried blood on its cheeks before being stopped by the dirty rags stuffed in its mouth. It jerked violently against its restraints in vain, and the heavy chair thudded against the floor louder than ever.

Locutus tilted his head at the human. "Now then. As you know, first impressions are of the utmost importance, and I very much wish to make a good one upon this organization. And so, if you would do me one final service before I embark, my friend, and while you still have eyes, tell me-" the Forsaken straightened up, spread his arms, and the corners of his lips slowly pulled back behind his blackened teeth in a horrifying mockery of a smile.

"...how do I look?"
Last edited by Locutus on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Locutus

Unread post by Locutus » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 am

(Awesome! Thank you and looking forward to it.)

Duskheron
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Duskheron » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:12 am

Admitted
Grobbulus Grim: Tisk
WRA Grim: Duskheron Zolotai

Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Forum access updated.