Close Call, Close Fight

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))

Moderator: Officers

Tenshin

Close Call, Close Fight

Unread post by Tenshin »

“Boss! Look out above you!” A familiar avian demon shouted, warning the necromantic undead of a particularly dangerous astral spellcast. Magic imbued projectiles rained from the surrounding air, exploding with devastating force. Tenshin looked left and then right, fellow Horde getting blasted away from the force of the explosions, falling down in defeat one by one. The source of the powerful spell? A dark elf priestess, a highly trained guardian of Teldrassil, where the Grim and fellow Horde had marched to.

The invasion had started much earlier than this, however. The slaughtering of many Alliance faithfuls beautifully stained the night. Even the reserved demonologist accomplished a handful of skillful kills, adding to his growing soulstone collection. But now was a much more dangerous time, many Horde had fallen, Tenshin one of the only surviving at this point. His loyal familiar, Gryphus, had done his job though, quickly warning the scholar of an explosive caste of magic localized on the undead himself. With a glowing flick of his fleshless hand, Tenshin slit the throat of Tangtaz, the voidwalker summon that flanked the scholar on the left. As the demon was banished, the residual demonic energy was reformed into a barrier, glowing gold and held upwards against the onslaught of magic.

THOOM. An explosion was felt, another and another falling onto the failing barrier. Gryphus turned his head, then again as if listening for something in the distance. “Uhh.. Bad news boss.” He started to speak, Tenshin straining, finding only a few seconds to switch from reinforcing his protective barrier, to cracking a soulstone open and releasing Tangtaz’s soul once more out into the world, the demon tackling a few flanking elven guards away from his master. “I’ve got one.. No two.. Wait! There’s a whole army of ‘em! Huge alliance force inbound! Time to go, time to go go go!”

Tenshin’s stance shifted, using the last of his remaining energy to begin channeling a return spell, attuned to the Orc city Orgrimmar. Seconds felt like years as they slowly ticked away, the sounds of clanging swords and shields coupled with Alliance warcry drew closer until the entire battalion was seen storming the level the demonologist was engaged on. Stray arrows flew by Tenshin’s head as the green light of his spellcast intensified, a projectile centered on his head before Tangtaz dove in, getting skewered through in protection of his master, who disappeared in a flash of green light, arriving safely at Orgrimmar.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A tattered piece of parchment lay stained of red and black on the Inquisitor’s desk.

A successful invasion, Inquisitor. My new skills are providing very useful to the Grim, I believe. I will have to continue experimenting, though. If you should need me, I will be meditating in the lower levels of the hall.

-Tenshin
Ellsbeth
Lost

Re: Close Call, Close Fight

Unread post by Ellsbeth »

((This was awesome))
Tenshin

Re: Close Call, Close Fight

Unread post by Tenshin »

Ellsbeth wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 am ((This was awesome))
((Thank you Ells!))