Incognitus

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

incognitus

Incognitus

Unread post by incognitus »

Grim Application For Incognitus

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I had joined a big guild called The Deathstalkers as it seemed very appropriate for RPing an undead character, but it has died and very few people ever log in.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I love lore and every little bit of backstory I can get from a game, as it helps me get the real "experience" while playing my characters. As such I love the possibility of RPing my character's story and really get that sense of accomplishment behind the endless questing and grinding.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- Sadly I never got to experience real Vanilla WoW, I joined during Cataclysm but after a while College got in the way, but I think of it as the Golden Age of my wow experience (previous to Classic that is). I got back during Wrath and obviously RPed (albeit by myself) the heck out of my DK, and really enjoyed it. But the toxic community that had developed, coupled with the empty quest zone that I loved drove me off again.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- This is my main, though I have other alts, among them a lvl 36 mage which I leveled but I ended up feeling that it was missing something. Therefore I leveled pretty much every classs (except druid) to lvl 10-30, and once I started on my rogue... well it was love at first stab. As such its not high level yet, but in a week or so it should be higher than the mage.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- I love PVP, though I would be happy to do any sort of other content with the guild, be it raiding, questing together, etc. Having said that, I would love to spread our "peace" to all of the alliance, be it in small tactical group ops, big raids, BG's or what have you.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- In PVE I have enjoyed playing Rogue, Mage and Hunter. Warrior and Shaman are good if I have a group, but with Priest i feel like things take forever to kill.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- In PVP I have mostly played my Mage/Hunter and now getting the hang of my Rogue. I love it when I get to kill higher level players of my same class, as it seems that not everyone likes to use the fool class toolkit. I remember killing a would-be-ganking gnome mage when he was lvl 28 and I was lvl 24... he did no know what to do when I Counterspelled him, it was very very satisfying!! I like playing ranged classes, but the rogue... well the rogue has a special stabbing place in my heart.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- I play 7 days a week. During the week days I play around 6PM - 12PM and the weekend, unless I have something to do its pretty much all-day-adventuring.

Are you prepared to check these forums or our Discord at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- Definitely, I normally get on discord right away when I log into my character.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- This character is a Undead Rogue. Why Rogue? I feel that I can get a better connection with my character than with the others. I don't really know how to explain it, but the fact that I get to pickpocket/lockpick, craft poisons (and carry them in the backpack), stealth and stun, it just feels like a complete in-character package. I guess this little things are what were missing from my mage. It just feels authentic, and in a league of its own.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Indeed I have read it, and hope to spread the "peace" around. Furthemore I have done some research on Grim and seeing that this guild is an established Retail guild, gives me the assurance that I'm joining something real and not just a smoke-and-mirrors guild that will die down in a few months.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Indeed the name Incognitus falls within the guidelines and I think it will help the assassin RP that I'm looking forward to share.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- Even though this is my main, I am hoping to eventually level all my other characters to lvl 60. They each have their backstory, and hopefully will be able to join Grim in the future.

While you check your mail, you see a small stained silk bag--is that blood?--with your name on an attached note but no other information.

You open it and the first thing you see is a necklace made up of elf and--judging by the size--gnome ears.
You remove the Grim object, and below sits a folded parchment.
The owners of these ears heard my peace message. It has come to my attention that you represent a group of people that agree with my kind of peace. If you want a meeting, hang this necklace on the light post by Brill's Inn.

Worry not about a time or place. I will find you. It's what I do.

Incognitus
Duskheron

Re: Incognitus

Unread post by Duskheron »

Tisk reads the note and yells for Druthers.

The happy little orc orphan runs in grinning. She hands him the note and the silk bag.

"See that the instructions get followed."

"Dabu!" He salutes her and disappears and quickly as he came.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Duskheron

Re: Incognitus

Unread post by Duskheron »

Admitted
WRA Grim: Duskheron