Xevok

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Xevok

Xevok

Unread post by Xevok »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
Via searching for RP guilds on Grobbulus. I read through the available postings for Horde and The Grim is the only one that piqued my interest.
Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
I've been a member of several heavy RP guilds in WoW, including being an officer in one for a few years (Modas il Toralar -- Cenarion Circle). I've also had several years of experience in RP communities elsewhere, and have recently tried my hand as a writer. "Heavy RP" to me really just means "RP". That is, my character is an actual character who interacts with other characters in the game world, and who experiences events via story and gameplay. This has included expansive inter-guild inter-faction plots, forum posts and stories, or just day-to-day in-game happenings.
What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
As mentioned above, I was a member/officer of Modas il Toralar for several years. They were the premier "evil" RP guild on CC (Motto: Order through Atrocity; Peace through Fear), and served as a driver of many plots through giving other players (mainly Alliance) convenient enemies and antagonists. I greatly enjoyed my time there as part of the RP community, and with Classic I would love to recreate similar experiences and live new ones.
Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
N/A
What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
Outside of RP, I am mostly a PvPer. While I have enjoyed and participated in progression PvE content at various times, most of my motivation at present with respect to raiding in Classic is just in getting better gear for PvP (of any and all varieties).

I would not be adverse to doing progression raiding, but that mainly depends on the seriousness and dedication of the rest of the group.
What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
I've occasionally casually raided throughout my WoW career (if you can call 10+ hours per week "casual"), with the exception of Wrath of the Lich King where I was Raid Lead and lead a group to come within 0.5% of a server first Lich King kill. That's the extent of my (almost) accomplishments, I guess.

I've played pretty much every class and role. I mostly enjoy Warlock and Rogue, though healing can also be fun.
What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
Lots of PvP in classic. In BC with the introduction of Arenas, I obtained the rank of Gladiator in one season, and again in two seasons of WotLK. I've participated in RBGs with the very best of the best in my battlegroup (when those were a thing), including Rank 1 players.

Though, all that has been many years ago now, and I am certainly rusty. :)

Again, favorite classes are Warlock and Rogue.
What days/times do you typically play this character?
Lately, pretty much all the time. Not sure how that will play out into the future, but historically when I've played WoW it's been a pretty constant thing. Definitely an active player.
Are you prepared to check these forums or our Discord at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
I regularly use Discord and will check that often, though will almost certainly not bother with forums. I find they're a dated technology and are cumbersome to use and peruse.
What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
Orc Warlock.

Because, duh. Warlocks are the best class and Orcs are the best race. Why is this a question again?
Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
Xevok routinely harvests the souls of the innocent to add to his trophy collection. And for use in baking. Soul Cookies -- they are to die for.
Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
Yes.
Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
I'm interested in The Grim's take on RP (that is, always being IC). Normally my experience has been say/yell/guild/etc understood IC, as well as world PvP events, but RPing out instances sounds a bit weird to me. I personally dislike ((OOC brackets)) at least for extended conversations (use OOC channels, people!) though the outright prohibition on that also seems weird. I'm open to try it though.
<Insert Letter of Intent here>
๐“๐จ ๐–๐ก๐จ๐ฆ ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ซ๐ง,

๐ˆ, ๐—๐ž๐ฏ๐จ๐ค, ๐’๐ž๐ž๐ค๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฌ, ๐ซ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š๐ฆ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฆ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ž๐ซ. ๐Ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐‡๐จ๐ซ๐๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐›๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š ๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ซ๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ซ. ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ž S๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ง B๐ซ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ.

๐†๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ: ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Œ๐š๐ง๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ. ๐๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐€๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง? ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž. ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฏ๐ข๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ; ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ, ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ. ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐.

๐ˆ๐ง ๐ž๐ฑ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐š๐ข๐, ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ. ๐“๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐š๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐ญ, ๐ˆ ๐š๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ. ๐Œ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ฏ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ...

๐๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ (๐Ÿ) ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ. ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ, ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฏ๐ข๐š ๐š ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฑ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ.

๐€๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ,
๐—๐ž๐ฏ๐จ๐ค, ๐’๐ž๐ž๐ค๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฌ
Duskheron

Re: Xevok

Unread post by Duskheron »

Tisk yawns sleepily as she pulls an small package over and opens the letter attached to it.

She nods in agreement with the writer as she scans it, although the nods stop and she frowns at the mention of a rune she isn't familiar with.
xevok1.png
xevok1.png (49.37 KiB) Viewed 3491 times
Pulling out a fresh Grim recruitment card from the dwindling stack, she writes
"Xevok,

I believe you might find a welcoming home here with kindred souls. Find us.

--Tisk"
She scans her desk for other items that need immediate attention, and finding none, yawns again. She begins the ritual of securing all items in the office, blows out the candle, and exits the room. The door locks behind her. In the main guildhall, she finds Druthers and gives him the note.

"Our newest warlock knows what to do with this. See that he receives it."

She assumes Druthers follows her command and wanders off to her room.

(( hiya, there might be some RP following this, but you are welcome to join us before that plays out. Feel free to pop into our Discord also, if you want to ask any questions.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Duskheron

((admitted))
Maeiv

Unread post by Maeiv »

Lord Inquisitor,

Forgive the late mailing of my response. My hands were tied for an old friend in Silithus. The rune sent to me is strange but not beyond my understanding. With my own knowledge of the demonic tongue I was able to decipher the name attached to the rune. It is, as you know, the warlock Xevok, a warlock exiled under similar circumstances as I from the Horde. Aside from that, there are directions for attuning to his hearthstone for further commune. I should note that the residual fel energy on this rune is quite strong, and you should prepare for the source to be powerful as well. With your permission, I would contact him directly on my own. We have some questions about some lost magic from a previous generation of the valley of shadows that could possibly be answered by him.

For peace through annihilation.

Maeiv
Duskheron

Maeiv,

Please proceed with my blessing.

--Tisk