Maeiv

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Maeiv

Maeiv

Unread post by Maeiv »

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?

I was looking around for a guild that had a strong sense of identity and room for me to grow as a role-player and flesh out my characters present/future. Scrolling through the server discord/reddit and found a thread for The Grim.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

I role played almost every day from 2004-2008 in WC3 when their RP mod playerbase had some life, I am probably not the most hardcore role player here but I try hard not to break immersion and want an outlet to learn to express my characters as well as I used to, I would say I am a 'hardcore roleplayer out of season'

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.

My history in WoW consists mostly of geeking out on pvp during wotlk/cata, getting some pretty high arena ratings and then quitting out about 2 weeks before MoP dropped. I had never been in an actual guild because I was spamming arena 6-10 hours a day for years, I was invited to some guilds and given bank rights for carries and etc but that is it. All in all I was an antisocial player in a tragically antisocial time for WoW and am looking for a change in that regard.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

This is my main.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

Mostly just want to experience some higher level RP and see if it's still the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Depending on my life situation come phase two I will definitely be doing some honor grinding. I am interested in raids that can be tied into my characters story but am also open to progression style raiding because its a fun thing to do while you hang out with friends.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?

Honestly pretty negligible but from what I hear pve is pretty easy in classic (decent raid groups can 25man MC for instance) so it won't be a problem.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?

Warlock only player with multiple season glads and 2x vicious gladiator. I have played some other classes just to get a better understanding of what they do, but I have no intention of alting anything but other warlocks and probably never will. I feel like the entire class, from its lore to toolkit, was made for me.

My favorite (most winning) spec is SL afflic, but I do enjoy the laughs I get from the full destro oneshot legend spec.

Provide an armory link to your character.

I am a classic purist.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
early/mid afternoon past midnight

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
Sure.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

Orc warlock. I like warlocks cause they are very cool to me in every regard and I've always like orcs because they are misunderstood in my opinion which I think is something almost everyone can relate to and fits directly into my character's story. I also like playing Orc because it is arguably the best race for warlocks to pick for a lot of reasons.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?

I have read the Mandate and have the will to defend and follow it to the death.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
I've played some DND and gone through a lot of character creation so I am familiar with alignments and my character I would say my character is lawful in his own way, there are 'laws' in life that he will abide to and others he will reject, which I guess you could say is Lawful Evil.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)

I have spoken with a recruiter on why my name fits to my character and was given previous encouragement to apply. I am willing to go into details hopefully with an officer so I don't have to spoil my whole story for every person who will read this which I think would create weaker RP than naturally letting a backstory unfold.

-Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

When do we destroy Theramore?
Duskheron

Re: Grim application for Maeiv

Unread post by Duskheron »

Maeiv's Letter titled A Parchment, sealed in demon's blood. (Copied from Retail forum)
The parchment whispers unintelligibly if one gazes upon the seal. It grows louder when touched.

To the ones it may concern,

When I swore the Ogar' Regar to the Warchief I was still a pup in the fel arts, and equally as naive. I served diligently. When the war at Hyjal ended, I was sent to explore the frontiers of Southern Kalimdor. When I reported the goblins at their city of Ratchet I was wary of their unwillingness to join the horde. I was equally disturbed by the Warchief's inability to crush them.

Then the remnants of Lordaeron marched into the Dustwallow Marsh and built their new city directly on our doorstep. We were told to leave the humans alone so long as they didn't venture into our lands. I obeyed. When they invaded the barrens, we were told to defend our lands but not to risk war with counterattack. I obeyed, but soon I started to see a pattern develop. One of nonviolence, an image of a fictitious reality where Orc and Human could live alongside each other. He'd have us mate with them one day.

I was too vocal a member of the caste of warlocks in the Valley of Shadows. I let my love for the Horde, not the warchief, show too many times, and soon I was out of allies. Durotar to this day is still a dangerous land to me... You have heard my crimes against the warchief.

It is true. I mastered the secrets of the harvesting of souls, my own and others'. I used this magic to die and return to the living, breaking the Ogar' Regar. When I offered my brothers the same fate, they betrayed me and sided with the Warchief and his false Horde.

I didn't want to kill them, so I took their souls with me. They whisper to me even now.

I served the Horde for all of my free years. I still do.
I see you. The master has seen you. Our fate is intertwined and known to him. He has the Power to bring down the enemies of the horde that the Warchief bows to. He will give me the power when he returns... And I will share it with the worthy of the Horde who decide the alliance must be snuffed from all memory of existence.

The parchment demands that it must burn once finished reading. It grows louder and louder from a whisper until any sensation other than the urge to turn the parchment to ash is overwhelming.

The Eye of Kilrog is watching
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Duskheron

Tisk read through the most recent supplicant letter.

She frowned, and read through it again, a bit slower, her eyebrows drawing closer together and her eyes squinting at the words suspiciously.

Warlocks were not her favorite death-dealers, but they had their unique uses, and the Mandate demanded they made use of what tools they could. He was most assuredly mad, but again, that was not a sufficient reason to turn away someone who wished to follow the Mandate. The forces of the Grim would be diminished greatly if that were the case.

The cursed letter noises were giving her a headache, so she found a crystal jar and placed it inside, the words curving around the inside, distorted by slight imperfections in the crystal.

A finely trimmed fingernail tapped against one of the final paragraphs. "The master has seen you." She scanned the letter again, searching for clues as to this mysterious master. Her instinct was to dismiss it in with the other ravings, but... The fingernail continued to tap against the jar as she considered how she should respond.

Finally she pulled out one of the Grim cards. She checked the letter for the name, but didn't find one. She grunted. So much time wasted on a nameless shadow. She stood and picked up the jar, carrying it to her office door. She stuck her head out and yelled for Druthers. The young orc came running down the hallway a minute later and bobbed his head "Yes, Miss Tisk??"

She held the jar out to him. "Do you recognize this letter? Is there a servant waiting for a response, or was there some outer wrapping that held clue to the writer's identity?

Druther's eyes blinked just once as he immediately recognized the now enclosed letter. "Oh, that one. There was a Kilrogg eye that attempted to stay with the letter. It's in quarantine. Shall I fetch it?"

She shook her head. "No, I'd rather that one stay out for now. That is all. Thank you, Druthers."

She returned to her desk and wrote a quick invitation on the note-card she'd pulled out earlier. She then ascended up through the guildhall and up the stairway that led to the camouflaged primary entryway. The "inn" was vacant, save for a skinny undead waif, who's bored, half closed eyes twitched at the sight of Tisk, but otherwise made no sign there was a consciousness behind them. Tisk eyed the drugged zombie, wondering how much longer this one would last here. She added a mental note to find a new one soon and continued out the front door. One of the guards eyed her questioningly when she emerged. She shook her head slightly to allay his concern. "I need to see the eye that traveled with a letter today." He nodded and led her to the eye trap. He withdrew a key and swung open what appeared to be a busted window shutter. Inside, a Kilrogg eye flew towards the opening, bouncing against the invisible magical barrier, then frantically traveled up and down the opening, trying to escape. Tisk stood in front of it until she had its attention, then she held the card up for it to read. After a moment, she flipped the card once, showing the Grim logo, then flipped it back to the note, that simply said "Find Us". Of course, with the Eye traveling with the letter, that instruction was probably not as big a test as it usually was.

She sighed. Perhaps she should have just destroyed the letter and had the guard dispatch the eye. But she was a priest, and she was cursed with hope and unrealistic expectations of others. It would get her killed one day, she had no doubt. She signaled the guard to release it, and watched it fly off quickly, disappearing into the woods in moments.

(( Contact Tisk or Reaver ingame. We may or may not have questions before inviting you. If you can't find us ingame, ping us on Discord. ))
Duskheron

Admitted.