Murag

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Murag

Murag

Unread post by Murag »

Grim Application For Murag

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
-Grobbulus Discord. No do not know anyone in The Grim

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- Seasoned DnD player and DM focusing in heavy world building and in character RP. No WoW RP experience. Heavy RP means a collaborative story telling experience with other people.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- Guild master of guild made of college friends and other people met during WoD. Focused heavily on PvE at that time.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- Main character. He is a vengeful warrior with a newly acquired shamanistic power that he is trying to control. Looking for RP interactions with other players

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- Want to focus on PvP as a priority with light to medium PvE

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- Raid Leader for WoD through 1st 2 raids released. Enjoy DPS or Healing.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- Little to no PvP experience. But this is what I want to focus on in classic.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- At this time online after I get off work around 5pm MST.

Are you prepared to check these forums or our Discord at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- Yes

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Orc Shaman. Want to RP the shaman class as it seemed the most interesting to me. Orc seems to really fit the flavor of the character I want to RP.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Live and die by it.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Yes

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
Nope

<Letter of Intent>

Stepping outside to the stale cold air of the Trisfal Glades, a letter awaits you lying on the ground. You go to reach for the message and a gust of warm air sweeps up the letter. Catching it the air settles. Opening the letter you find a parchment, and a quick glance shows the frantic handwriting of a desperate individual. It reads:
The Grim,

The alliance took what was dearest to me. A fellow combatant in war, and in more peaceful times a partner I would have settled down with.

The day is etched into my brain, almost taunting me. We had been tasked with pushing back a centaur camp that had settled close to the crossroads, becoming a menace to local trade routes. It was a long fought battle, but we came out victorious, yet tired from battle. As the smell of battle settled, a familiar stench filled the air. Before I was able to pinpoint the source of it, I felt a sharp pain enter my side. I looked down to see a poison soaked blade had penetrated a weakened spot in my armor. As I began to black out I watched as the rest of my war group fell at the hands of Alliance assassins.

I awoke in a daze being drug back to camp by a Tauren that had found our bloodied bodies, I was weak from the poisons coursing through me and do not remember much. All that is etched into my brain is looking over to see the lifeless bodies of my brethren, and her lifeless corpse. At this point I lost consciousness, and did not awake for 3 days.

Upon awaking, something has changed in me. My spirit grows vengeful and I have seem to become more sensitive to the elements.

I beg of you, return purpose to my life and give me the means to channel this anger. I would give my life, if it meant the annihilation of the alliance scum that took what was most dear to me.

If I am needed I can be found in Durotar regaining my strength and controlling this new spiritual power that has been gifted to my vengeful soul.

Murag
Duskheron

Re: Murag

Unread post by Duskheron »

Murag,

Your tale is not unfamiliar, and you will find many among the Grim with similar stories. The Mandate guides us and demands much. If it calls you, find us.

--Tisk, Inquisitor of the Grim

(( Hey there! Feel free to contact Tisk or Reaver in-game to get an invite. If you don't see us, feel free to ping us on our Discord server https://discord.gg/wGxxy6H ))
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Duskheron

Re: Murag

Unread post by Duskheron »

((Appears to have joined Korkron Guard. Assuming app is withdrawn unless he posts again))
WRA Grim: Duskheron