Kuros Xanthica

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Kuros

Kuros Xanthica

Unread post by Kuros »

Grim Application For <Kuros>

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I know lots of you guys. I just happened to spot by Ellsbeth and noticed that Grim was already a thing, so I figured why not? I'd rather be rolling with people I know than not!

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- Eh, well, I RP'd for like two-three years between BC and WotLK on Twisting Nether. That was my 'lightest' length for a character. I have other places I've roleplayed a character history that spans 4 years, and yet another that's over 8 years. I consider heavy RP to be mostly staying in character at all times (within reason).

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- Oh goodness, this was like ten years ago. I spent a lot of time in Grim, and beyond that I've seen RP and PVP experiences in old TN guilds like Fabled Order, Raven Cross, and others.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- I'm applying on my main. I'm leveling with a friend, so I'm unsure if my alt will stay behind him for the duration of his leveling career.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- Yes.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- I've run a lot of endgame content in Burning Crusade and WotLK as a pally tank and rogue dps. As far as Vanilla, I've tanked all of the pre-endgame dungeon content, Onyxia, Molten Core, and Zul Gurub. I've played a hunter as dps for all of those dungeons and more, going through the length of Blackwing Lair, Emerald Dream Dragons, all other World Bosses, AQ 20 and 40 up to C'thun down to 13%. Didn't get to Icecrown Citadel though.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- I've done pretty much every role in pvp. And a lot. I pretty much leveled my hunter through pvp tiers (funny thing too, as that's how I got into such a far reaching raid guild by stomping their horde pvp alts throughout all the tiers. We were famous for a time! :D) I've done lots of pvp excursions with Grim before Cataclysm was released, and was a Warbringer at one point.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
- My current schedule permits me to be on for a few hours each day, typically around 5pm til 9pm CST. I currently have Thursdays and Saturdays off, so if I'm on, it'll be a little earlier and/or a little later on those days.

Are you prepared to check these forums or our Discord at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
- I'm on discord 24/7 (If I'm awake and not at work obviously). If I have to keep an eye on these forums I will, but I feel like the discord can be used to let me know of anything critical.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Undead Warrior. I like the RP history a forsaken character can provide, plus I have a lot of vanilla experience as a warrior.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Of course!

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Yes, it is nothing extraneous to listed guidelines as far as I can tell.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- I'll be bringing along another with me in the application process, and offer my own vouching for her ability to RP once she finishes her own application. Lacticia.

<Insert Letter of Intent here>

*A letter, small smudges here and there but otherwise well prepared, lies in the Grim mail collection box.*

To the hiring inquisitor~

"My name is Kuros Xanthica, at least in my former life. As a forsaken, I contemplated taking a new identity as to leave my former one behind, but deemed that unnecessary. The other forsaken gave me a home when I arose from my dirt caked slumber, but I thirst for something more. An odd feeling, to be sure, as I would have expected undead to be devoid of such commodities as taste and hunger. My memory beyond the grave is fuzzy, at best... I remember I was a farmer, and anger towards the alliance for their... 'unceremonious' use of my homestead as a line of defense for their sturdier towers. Beyond that, I was obviously in no state of being to handle whatever those towers were intended to fight, as here I am now. I serve the Horde, and with a bitter taste of betrayal by the alliance. I've reviewed the mandate, and find it to my liking. I would like the opportunity to shed their blood with you as a vanguard."

For the Horde.
Kuros Xanthica
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Kuros Xanthica

Unread post by Syreenna »

Forum access updated
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda