Ellsbeth

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Ellsbeth
Lost

Ellsbeth

Unread post by Ellsbeth »

Grim Application For Ellsbeth

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
-
I used to be a member toward the end of vanilla, through Burning Crusade, and just until they opened Wyrmrest Accord. I had alts that I moved to Wyrmrest Accord and eventually I left to join the RP there. I quit WoW during Cataclysm. I knew many of the folk who were around in the earlier days though I wasn't a ranking member of any note.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
-
In WoW I spent years roleplaying as part of TNG. I consider myself a heavy roleplayer although I've relaxed on it over the years (15 years. My word.). /say /party /raid are always IC. Most of the time /whisper is (depending on the person I speak with if they just don't roleplay). I also play D&D weekly in a heavy roleplay campaign. I DM Cypher System and D&D 5e games. I used to run a twitch gaming group with heavy roleplayers. I've been roleplaying since the 90s online.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
-
I started out in Infection on TN. I joined The Grim. I ran a guild called Melar Danashj (it was somewhat infamous during Burning Crusade, though I don't really know why.). On Wyrmrest Accord I was a member of Brightmoon Faire and a couple of heavy RP guilds but I forget their names.
The Grim was my favourite for PvE with RP mix. Also I have fond memories of us fighting in World Pvp. I love world PvP. If I ever tell war stories of my time in the game, it's usually about our hijinks destroying Alliance around the world.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
-
Ellsbeth is and will always be my main. I'm applying for WoW Classic right now since I don't have space to download the full game. She is the original character I had in The Grim. She's also parked on Wyrmrest Accord should Classic bring me back full-time to wanting to play the whole shebang. Her name on Wyrmrest is "Ells" and is inactive. If I come back to Wyrmrest Accord it will be with Ells and Keeju (both priests). There is still a "Keeju" account here on the forum for the last time I was a member (and she was primary).

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
-

I love raid healing but I am not progression-minded. I'd be fine with helping gear up alts and other players for the main team (I used to heal the B group) as I also work evenings and tend to be online after the prime raiding hours. I expect to PvP raid heal - I enjoy it and I don't mind dishonourable kills. I want to level quick to 60 so I can do classic BGs. AV here I come.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
-
I used to raid regularly, but mostly for fun and for lore content. I helped gear up The Grim to do Naxxramas during Argent Dawn years ago (before it moved to Northrend). I raid heal. I prefer priest healing.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
-
Battlegrounds and world pvp are my favourite. I did arenas, but I don't really enjoy them as much as I enjoy full BGs. I never did competitive, but tended to queue with a small group of players. I love killing world bosses and pissing off the Alliance in the world.

Provide an armory link to your character.
-
She's inactive on Wymrest. I can't find the link for Ellsbeth on Grobbulus - she's lower than level 10.

What days/times do you typically play this character?
-
I will likely play evenings after 8:30 pm pacific. Weekends. Friday afternoons.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
-
Absolutely. It will give me excellent reading material.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
-
Forsaken - Priest. I chose it as it was my first major class decision in WoW and it's still the class I gravitate to whenever I play.

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
-
Absolutely. Priestess Ellsbeth Moran follows the Dark Lady and has no qualms about Peace through Annihilation.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?
-
Yes. Her alignment is Lawful Evil. I've had years of experience playing the evil character with evil goals without being the stereotypical BBEG archetype.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
-
Absolutely.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

None.
Duskheron

Re: Ellsbeth

Unread post by Duskheron »

Ellsbeth's letter of introduction from retail section:

Unrolled and unsealed, the letter is written in tight and perfunctory handwriting.
To the High Inquisitor or Leadership of the Grim,

This missive is a request to join your ranks. I am a Priestess of Sylvanas, newly resurrected from the crypt, and seeking allies where my skills can be put to use to further Our Lady's directive.

Peace through Annihilation,
Ellsbeth Moran
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Duskheron

Hello Ellsbeth,

Please contact Tahngarth, Tisk, or Reaver in-game for an invitation :)
Ellsbeth
Lost

Unread post by Ellsbeth »

Excellent. My Power Word: Shield is yours.
Duskheron

Also feel free to join us in Discord :) https://discord.gg/wGxxy6H