Cayli's Resolve

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Riplie
Irredeemable

Cayli's Resolve

Unread post by Riplie »

Placed neatly on the desk of each Inquisitor was a sealed package, an envelope carefully placed on top, marked only C. Duskvale

Within the package on Khorvis's desk was a dusty bottle. It's cork was sealed with wax, it's label mostly gone but it seemed to indicate that it was some type of old liquor. Along side it was a sextant.

Within Lilliana's package, was a small vial, marked "Bazil's Scar Cream" and a small paper wrapped serving of preserved Raptor meat.

Within the soft spoke Ruuki's package, was a very finely crafted cheeseburger. She made certain the freshest vegetables were used to garnish the sandwich, and had it sealed with a rune to preserve it's freshness.

The letter was written in incredibly fine penmanship.

Inquisitors of the Grim.

I hope you find my gifts likeable. Not yet versed in the likes, and dislikes of the Horde races, I asked around town what each of you might find appreciable.

In receiving my trials, Lilliana presented me with four to speak with to learn what it is to be "Grim". My early questionings did not go well, as I did not understand what I was to be asking, but I now believe I have come to know why it is asked to take part of this test.
Selash, one who did not wear the tabard of the Grim was the first I spoke with. His answers where clear. The Grim served their Mandate, even into damnation, and he knew the fists as powerful allies in battle. During our conversation, he mentioned that The Grim was at odds with Sanctuary and a few other guilds of the Horde. In my studies, it seems their goals is peace through negotiation. Perhaps we should send them first to meet with the Gul'Dan?

I asked to speak with Anaie, I now know that she is called the Insane. First to remember Esrythalon's cousin, I hoped she might provide more information about where Krinn would be now. Instead we learned she complained too much, but was at least competent as a Grim. She had a new doll, a rather well used up one. It had one it's eyes snapped off, and a small bandage. I was hoping perhaps that would be used somehow like at the Inquisitions to make sense of something. The Insane taught me the value of asking a question well. Lilliana instructed me to ask what it meant to be "Grim", so I asked very plainly, and it seemed to annoy the rogue. I believe some curses were spoken in gutterspeak, and she barked a sharp reply. "It's a bunch of different people, people who don't always like each other, they fight together, for peace!". After which she threw what seemed like talc in my face and ran away laughing. The Mandate is what binds the Grim, no matter the background, all different lifes fight for the goal of the Mandate.

My next subject was one I bemoaned over for days. I was to speak with Nathandiel Dah'Lore. He seemed the kind I would serve at the Silvermoon City Inn. Drunkard, womanizer, stick his dick into anything. I had little respect for the creature, and it irritated his lover. After our meeting, it became clear, that while his exterior may be a delicate rose, Nathandiel was more capible than he would let on. In the bowels of the Apacrathary, we met over a corpse. He explained sacrifice to the Mandate. A small tumor within can kill the whole. In our discussions, I believe he also learned from me. Illidari are familiar with sacrifice. His challenges of sacrificing my life for the Mandate are no different than what I have faced before. I believe now, I have found respect, even when someones display does not warrant it at first viewing. I have also found time to fight alongside Nathandiel, I understand why he is known as The Executioner.

Khorvis Bloodstar was my final charge. In a small planning room the weathered orc spoke to me of being lost at see during the first war. I was not aware of any horde naval regiments at the time, but he spoke with such fierce certainty I believe my studies to have been wrong. While at see, some questioned the warchief, and they found themselves swimming. The Mandate then, and still now is Khorvis's guide. It seems to anchor one. There is no moral question, there will never be peace so long as the Alliance, and now the Legion stand.

I submit this report of my trial of resolve. Through it I have learned of respect within our ranks, and the firm commitment and promise of peace, through Annihilation.

Supplicant Cayli Duskvale.
Khorvis

Re: Cayli's Resolve

Unread post by Khorvis »

Khorvis was up on the ramparts again. The bottle gifted to him by Duskvale clinked and rolled on the stone walkway, empty. The orc swung the sextant wildly, aiming it at every star he could pick out in the night sky. Horrid fumes seeped from his mouth. Whatever had been aging inside of that bottle was clearly past its peak. A truly insurmountable temptation for the High Inquisitor.

It was on that night that Khorvis discovered the use of the nautical instrument. Not as a navigation aid, but as a pillow, for he slept soundly atop the Grim Halls until An'she rode high in the sky.

[[ As a note, Khorvis said in the interview that he was lost at sea AFTER the First War, as the Horde sailed North. I probably wasn't clear enough. ]]
Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

Khorvis wrote:
[[ As a note, Khorvis said in the interview that he was lost at sea AFTER the First War, as the Horde sailed North. I probably wasn't clear enough. ]]

[Doh! My chat logger did not work for some reason and I was working off of memory. That makes more sense! Although I still like the idea of Cayli just accepting the fact the horde had a navy in the first war]
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((Tasty tasty kodo burger!))
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((awesome))
In my studies, it seems their goals is peace through negotiation. Perhaps we should send them first to meet with the Gul'Dan?
He seemed the kind I would serve at the Silvermoon City Inn. Drunkard, womanizer, stick his dick into anything.
((I'll reply more soon...but....so awesome!!!!!!!!))
Nathandiel

Unread post by Nathandiel »

Nath would never....))
WrA: Nathandiel, Mharren
Grobbulus: Andhar