Skin in the Game

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Khorvis

Skin in the Game

Unread post by Khorvis »

The mountains were growing.

Heaps and piles of trash littered the High Inquisitor's office. Some towered almost to the vaulted ceilings, threatening to collapse at any moment in an avalanche of filth upon the great wooden desk where Khorvis sat, fuming. The goblin maintenance workers had been adamant.

No waste removal without an approved bin. Got that big guy?

Yes, the lot of them had been sent fleeing for their very hides, but the trash remained.

"What nasty-minded little cretin of a bureaucrat dreams up these fetid rules?!" Khorvis hammered at his desk, fantasizing of finding the head janitor in the labyrinth of passages deep below the Grim Halls. He would flay every last scrap of skin from the wretch and stitch an "approved bin." Or...
Supplicant Rakluz,

I do grow impatient waiting for Kazzak's hoof. If many more days pass, I may forever be lost in this sea of filth that now swamps my quarters.

Instead, I do propose a different path for your first Trial. It is very simple, but the components you must gather are particular and MUST be recovered intact. We will be crafting our OWN bloody trash can.

Travel to Blackrock Spire and hunt down the largest black dragon you can find. Bring a bonesaw, because I do need his horn to fashion the bin itself. When you do be finished with Deathwing's spawn, make your way into the depths of the Molten Core and retrieve the hottest fragment of the fire elementals known to the Horde. This creation of ours will never overflow - instead it will incinerate the excess!

Leave behind the Burning Steppes and follow the tradewinds to the West. Within the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj do be an ancient thing with a great huge stomach. Cut out the lining, for it will serve as the insides of our receptacle. Lastly, once you wash the bile from your hair, approach the throne of Osiris and copy the hieroglyph beneath the seat. I have consulted the Archives and found that it do be the official seal for "Waste". Never again will the caretakers dispute me!

At the end of your quest, test the capacity of this artifact. The Proving Grounds will do. Achieve a seal of gold while piling the corpses into the bin. If it can handle the flow, we do be certain it is up to my task.

Do this labor in the name of the Mandate, Rakluz. You have but one moon to complete it. Succeed and we will celebrate. Fail me, and face the Lash.

High Inquisitor Bloodstar
[[ Rakluz, your trial is to earn the Classic Raider achievement while under the "mission" of building a waste bin for the High Inquisitor's office. I noticed that your account hasn't cleared the old raids, so it would be good for you to learn some WoW history. To test your abilities a little bit, I threw in the Proving Yourself: Gold Damage achievement.

Get the achievements, take some screenshots, and do a nice IC writeup in response to this thread. It should be fun for you. Good luck! ]]
Neevah

Re: Skin in the Game

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki spies the mountains of trash building in Khorvis's office, and shakes her head. Once she's already ventured in there to organize everything, when he had been fel-addled, and that had been a Herculean task on its own. Nope. He could clean his own office this time, and she would keep hers neat as always. She walked away, leaving Khorvis in his mountain of filth.
Clarode

Unread post by Clarode »

*Rakluz slowly walks in on the conversation between Khorvis and Ruuki.*

Khorvis? Ruuki? I have completed the task, though not completely in the way you asked. I traveled deep into the caves, and the very core itself, of Blackrock Mountain. I traveled deep into the Holy Temple, and its ruins, of Ahn'Qiraj, giving me the Seal of the Classic Raider. The items you requested were not that difficult to obtain, but rather the time, and the beatings I endured from the travels were what stuck with me. After creating your wastebin, I set out to test it at the Proving Grounds, looking constantly for the Seal of Gold that was supposed to confirm whether it was sufficient enough for your needs. Unfortunately, I never obtained the Seal of Gold, and instead, I was rewarded with what seemed like a century trying to obtain. With this major setback, I decided to take the matters of my own hands. I tried to fit as many Alliance corpses into the wastebin as possible. After all, it is a wastebin, and Alliance dogs would be the perfect candidates to testing it out. With this new turn in my Trial, I set out to Orgrimmar in order to rest up for my journey ahead into Alliance territory. But there it was. As I was passing Razor Hill, A very large swarm of Alliance appeared seemingly out of nowhere and attacked me, and the other few people there with me. We were severely outnumbered, so we retreated smartly near the Gates of Orgrimmar, where there were just as many of our Horde brethren standing guard as the Alliance dogs that threatened to destroy us. We had a large, but short skirmish near the Gates. People from both sides were dying left and right, although we finally prevailed against the Alliance. There were no more that were coming that had been in formidable numbers. However, there was one Druid who killed my comrade Bellavide. Erwindre was the name of this Alliance scum, and I sought out to exact my revenge. Erwindre morphed into his Flight Form and tried to fly away as I chased him down, effectively wasting his time and lowering his morale. He made a turn to the left, I made a turn to the left. He swooped down, I swooped down. He was faster than me unfortunately, and he landed on the ground right outside of Razor Hill and stealthed away. I did my part in killing the bulk of the Alliance there, but Erwindre got away too quickly. One day, I will destroy him however. Trudging slowly along towards Orgrimmar, I realized that the wastebasket was full. I had done my mission.

Anyhow, that is what I went through during my Trial of Combat. I hope you enjoy the wastebin that I have crafted for you. Please use it well, and more importantly, Peace Through Annihilation!
Attachments
Seal.jpg
Seal.jpg (39.92 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
Clarode

Unread post by Clarode »

((The file size on the screenshots is too big for the forums. I have already tried compressing them with no avail. Is there any other way I can show you?))
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

[[ Make an account on Imgur and upload it there. You can then get a BBcode link for your images and post it here for it to directly show in the thread. ]]
Clarode

Unread post by Clarode »

I've taken some documentation on my clashes with the Alliance after obtaining the Seal of the Classic Raider. Here they are.

http://imgur.com/ePAMa4m - This was the initial clash between the Horde and Alliance when we regrouped outside of the Gates of Orgrimmar.

http://imgur.com/nwfk0wf - After the initial clash, this was the battlefield after we decimated their ranks.

http://imgur.com/VnoYVQL - Here, I was chasing down a straggler by the name of Erwindre. He snuck up on one of my allies and I decided to chase him down until he fled away like the coward he is.