A letter jammed in a mail box...followed by a parcel.

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Drinn

A letter jammed in a mail box...followed by a parcel.

Unread post by Drinn »

When the letter is opened a few gold pieces clatter to the ground. The handwriting is as sloppy as the grammar and spelling.

I hear yous all are a worthy and grity group. I got worth and I like grit. I'd like to take up with yous guys. More hands to fed but more hands to take too! So wha do yous guys says? Eh? Let the money talk if I ain't convinced ya.

Rapacia

P.S. Yous might be hearin from my brother soon. Hes got grit too.

-----
Cen and I are wanting to do a brother and sister team of greedy little gobbos. This is the sister.
Cen
Lost

Re: A letter jammed in a mail box.

Unread post by Cen »

Within a day of the clattering coins, a mute courier cautiously approaches the Grim forward office. Keeping their distance behind the wards they tote a parcel, a body affixed with a note.
Dear Benevolently Malevolent, Hope-of-the-Horde, Grim Bosses,

Generosity. What we got if we ain't got generosity. Am I RIGHT? Course I'm right.

Tha's why I is sending you this traitor as proof of the bounty ova' flowwin from my heart. Ain't nothin' I wont do fo' the betterment of the Hoard... Damnit! *"Hoard" is scratched out and replaced with "Horde"* ... Typo. Occupational haza'd. Anyhoo, This here is my gift to ya as a testament to jus' how grim I can be. She was harborin' 'lliance shit bags, now she can be your shit bag.

With all my heart, love, affection, conviction, and honor,
Hoard, the Generous, Charitable, Magnanimous, Valorous, Reliable, Ever Servant

P.S. My sista' Rapacia may have borrowed some a' those coins from her loving brotha' ... if'n you don't need 'em all, I would bear the burden of cycling them back into the betterment of ou' great war. Just if. No pressure.
The bound and beaten corpse is that of a tauren, a girl on the cusp of puberty. In her mouth is an apple as if ready to be roasted. In her hands is the damning evidence: a filigreed page with the names of four human children.
Neevah

Re: A letter jammed in a mail box...followed by a parcel.

Unread post by Neevah »

((I'm not altogether certain I'm understanding what is going on...))
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

((Cen and I made alts and we'd like to put them in the guild. I wrote a letter of intent. Cen decided to take his letter with my letter since we're coming 'together'. With his letter he delivered a traitor to the horde as a gift. My trainter added gold to her letter, because gobbo, and money talks.))
Gazreeth
Lost

Unread post by Gazreeth »

((All the goblins! It's wonderous!))
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Crunch.

Slurp.

The clatter of bone.

Khorvis wiped his greasy hands on his tabard and lapped at his exposed lips. After a hard week of charges across the battlegrounds, a large meal was always necessary to restore his vigor and sustain his considerable weight. A life of campaigning had also taught the orc that a soldier must eat his fill whenever offered the chance, for there might be empty stomachs later and the tightening of belts.

Dipping his sharpened bone-quill into the inkwell, the Lasher set about a reasoned response to the goblin duo.
Rapacia and Hoard,

Your service to the Horde do be commendable. So many that were once loyal do think only to gain some small power for themselves when they do see weakness in their leaders. Traitors must be purged!

The Grim will judge the merit of your blades before the hours of the Inquisition. Show your loyal faces and be tested, if you do wish to hunt more traitors and Alliance filth.

Khorvis Bloodstar
High Inquisitor of the Mandate
The orc leaned back in the chair of his office, picking at his teeth with the quill. He daydreamed, for a time, before dozing in the warmth of a dying fire.

Behind him sat the mostly-eaten carcass of the tauren girl, roasted over his chamber's hearth and consumed over the afternoon. At the end of the missive to the goblins was a smaller note:
Next time send the Alliance whelps as well. A solider does need his fill.
Kerala

Unread post by Kerala »

(The forward office is not the Grim garrison right, but like a smaller place for those out fighting alliance? Also, can anyone participate in these?)
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki had been barely able to contain her anger at seeing a youngblood of her kind killed in this manner, and she sincerely hoped the Goblins had more than pretty words to justify her death. After all, anyone could write names on a page and stuff them in the hand of one who can no longer speak or fight back.

However, if their words were true... the girl's parents would need to be hunted as well for failing in their duty to raise a proper youngblood of the Horde.

((We treat the forums as the guild halls, and within those halls are the offices for the ranking Grim. If you're talking about tonight's Office Hours, all Supplicants are required to attend. Tonight it's at 7:30 in Shattrath City in Outland.))
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

((<snickers> Wow.. better response than I could hoped for. This is going to be fun!))
Kerala

Unread post by Kerala »

(No Ruuki, I was wondering if Kerala would have seen this- if the "forward office" was like a camp from which alliance assaults were happening, or if this 'parcel' would have come to the main guild hall where Kerala would have seen it. I'm pretty sure she would have earned her first beating for mail tampering if my husband had not been off work Sunday and delayed my response until Khorvis got his in today- if anyone can participate in these, I mean)
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((Oh! Yeah other people can react to it and stuff, sorry I'd misunderstood. In this instance, from my understanding, the parcel and letters came to the guild hall direct.))
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((okay, cute))
Kerala

Unread post by Kerala »

Kerala watched the courier bring in the body of the Shu'halo child. Saw the way the corpse had been treated. Saw Khorvis accept it. She did not wait for the smells of his 'meal' to permeate the Grim compound. She abandoned the book she had been laborously reading, about the Mandate.

She fled, and did not return that night, or all of the next day.