Tea Leaves in the Winterspring

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Khorvis

Tea Leaves in the Winterspring

Unread post by Khorvis »

Cen, Lilliana, and Khorvis meet in Winterspring outside of Everlook for an afternoon of tea and discussion.

[Lilliana]: Hey, Grims.
[Cen]: 'Tis a lovely morning Lilliana.
[Ruuki]: Morning Lilliana.
[Lilliana]: You think?
[Grooda]: Puttani, kiddo.
[Cen]: Oh my yes. Think I do, and feel it too!
[Lilliana]: What does puttani mean? And who you calling a kid?!
[Khorvis]: *grunts a grumbly greeting*
[Grooda]: Grooda cornfuzzled. Lilly not kid?
[Lilliana]: *take snote of Khorvis grumping....and Cen's ever so pleasant one. She decides to pick one that could cause some harrassment to reply to* Khorvis...what's up your butt?
[Lilliana]: Cornfuzzled! *she laughs*
[Khorvis]: Some goatsucker did leave the kettle upon the flame in the Inquisition Hall.
[Lilliana]: It wasn't me.
[Khorvis]: Again. I will hunt down this offender.
[Coyotl]: *snorts in amusement, then falls silent again*
[Lilliana]: *if it was Lilly, it was deliberately*
[Cen]: Oh my Khorvis! One might hope, one being the Cen, that you took from the rage it rought and made a wonderful cup of tea with what you found? That your nerves where calmed in their fury.
[Lilliana]: I bet he did. *cackles*
[Khorvis]: Bah! Phaw! Hrmph! If I did not know the Cen to be a true comrade, I do think I would hear the sound of mocking in her words! A tarnished and scoured kettle is another ingot of metal wasted and stolen from our war effort!
[Cen]: *there was no moking in Cen's words: only the wonderment of tea*
[Lilliana]: Wow, that's a serious crime.....
[Khorvis]: Goatsuckers ... bearded and on every flank ... *he grumbles and abandons his crusade*
[Lilliana]: I want some tea.
[Khorvis]: *the sound of a kettle slamming against a stone hearth*
[Cen]: My yes. How long has it been since a cup did we share Lilliana?
[Lilliana]: Khorvis, you making Cen and I tea?
[Cen]: Wonderful!
[Lilliana]: It's been a while, Cen. *she sounds like she has a grin* Like...months.....!
[Cen]: Where shall we sip together Khorvis? How marvelous!
[Cen]: *taking Lilly at her word*
[Khorvis]: I ... *the silence of a mouth agape*
[Lilliana]: *feeds off of that* Khorvis, yeah,you having a tea party for us two girls? Your quarters!
[Ruuki]: *would snicker but she's underwater*
[Khorvis]: For the love of the ancestors, fine! Meet me in Everlook, I do have business there.
[Lilliana]: Everlook..... Everlook...... *she sounds like she doesn't remember where the hell that is*
[Khorvis]: Among the snow of Winterspring, priestess.
[Lilliana]: Oh oh...okay. Why there?
[Cen]: *chattering teeth* L-l-lovely m-m-mon-n-n-ning here t-to.
[Khorvis]: Do you believe that the Grim does receive its supplies from my aged greatmother as gifts?
[Cen]: I do should you say it so.
[Lilliana]: Well, yeah.
[Khorvis]: *snorts* Unless she do be a loudmouthed goblin in Everlook, then no. She do rest in the Nether. This goblin, though, he does sell to use thorium to power the ... bah, nevermind. We will have 'tea'.
[Lilliana]: *giggles somewhat evilly like* Okay. Tea. Cen, we're having tea with Khorvis!
[Cen]: Yes, do hurry! It will warm you.

Khorvis approaches the center of town while riding upon his kodo and encounters Cen. Lilliana flies in belatedly.

Cen waves at you.
Khorvis glances up and sees the Cen upon a rock.
[Khorvis]: A mighty perch. wanderer.
[Cen]: Yes. Shall I share it with you? The view is lovely.
[Cen]: The sparkle in the mountains...
Cen breathes in.
[Khorvis]: No, for I am no bird.
[Cen]: ...perfection!
[Cen]: So be it.
Cen hops down.
[Cen]: Shall you about your business while we wait on Lilliana?
[Khorvis]: The Inn is cramped and smells of boiled cabbage. I do suggest we take our tea in the fresh air.
Khorvis grunts a greeting at Lilliana.
Lilliana grunts the most orcish type of sounding like greeting back out at Khorvis. She does a good impression. She smiles at Cen.
Khorvis actually seems impressed.
[Cen]: Truth be told, as truth well should be, and often... the Cen has not visitted with you since you took your new office Khorvis. And, truth here comes: she wished to.
Cen smiles warmly in the cold air.
[Khorvis]: I do know of a small vale nearby with less noise. Our seller is not yet in town, at any event. I will speak of the office if you do wish it, Cen.
[Lilliana]: And I get to come, and you're gonna give me tea, right....Khorvis?
[Khorvis]: Aye, Lilliana. I do have some leaves.
[Khorvis]: Come.

The three Grim arrive in the Kaldorei graveyard just North of Everlook. Khorvis sets about brewing tea while Cen inspects the tomb markers.

[Lilliana]: This is pretty. *she glances about.*
Cen takes in the spot.
Khorvis unloads a bulging pack from his kodo mount and begins building a small fire.
[Cen]: The children of night do place theri dead in such a peaceful manner.
Cen kneels down.
Lilliana tilts her head, watching Khorvis, "Look at you." Then, she tooks a thoughtful look on Cen, "Children of night?"
Cen murmurs a little prayer of respect.
Khorvis removes his feedbag and remains silent on the notion of night elves. He may have chosen to take his tea on the corpses of his sworn enemies purposefully.
Lilliana should have "taken" a thoughtful look at Cen, not whatever it was that she did.
[Cen]: Kal'dorei.
Cen smiles at Lilliana.
Lilliana sits and waits to be served.
Khorvis rummages through his supplies and uncovers a banged up and tarnished kettle of recent note. Hanging it above the fire, he scoops up some snow and dumps it into the container to simmer.
Khorvis gives Lilliana a suspicious look.
Cen is watching Khorvis, smiling and nodding to herself.
[Lilliana]: Ooooooooooooooooo, the elf things. Cool. *she rolls up a snowball and chucks it over one of the stones....she totally seems to not notice that the kettle is tarnished, or that Khorvis gives her a 'look'*
[Cen]: What treat have we in store to sip?
Khorvis dusts off a small, old olemba-wood chest and opens the lid. He passes it to Cen to sniff. It contains goldthorn leaves.
Cen closes her eyes and wafts the air above the chest before her with a smooth motion of her hand.
[Cen]: Mmm...
Cen hands it back with an anticipating grin.
[Khorvis]: Uh ...
[Khorvis]: Bah. I did forget cups.
Lilliana grins at Cen and her love of tea. "You're funny." She remarks.
Cen smiles at Lilliana for the compliment.
[Cen]: Hmm...
Cen begins digging in her own bags.
[Lilliana]: Oh, Khorvis, ha ha! I got a cup! *she puts her small magical bag that hangs from her belt on the ground before her. You know, the one that holds way more stuff than such a little bag can hold? She pauses to see what Cen has within hers though*
Cen empties three [Draenic Mana Potion] jars into the snow and then hands them to Khorvis.
Khorvis takes his time, measuring the tea leaves as he seals them in a silken pouch and steeping them in the warming water. The gentle manipulations seem outlandish for his stature, but it also appears practiced. His care may be the legacy of a history of want.
Cen tilts her head to the side, taking in Khorvis' care as much as the rising scent.
[Cen]: ...lovely...
Khorvis thanks Cen for the jar and watches Lilliana expectantly.
[Khorvis]: Is a felhunter going to jump out of that sack and savage us, priestess?
Lilliana places her hands on her lap, all prim and proper like. Like Cen, she is observing Khorvis, although she's not so much taking in the scent...she likes tea, but she's not a fanatic like Cen is. At Khorvis's expectant look, she turns her gaze downward at >
Lilliana > her open bag. "I dunno....I suppose it could....if it got in there......" She picks the bag up and holds it open towards Khorvis, "Wanna check?"

Conversation turns to an old event during a Grim meeting when Khorvis attempted to punctuate a point using a doll as a prop.

[Cen]: Khorvis? Have you your doll of old for which the Cen had sewn a tabard grim?
[Cen]: That must have been our last banter.
Khorvis grumbles a "No" at Lilliana as he passes out a few steaming jars of [Goldthorn Tea].
Cen takes the jar with a silent "thank you" and holds it a few inches from her nose. Cen allows the cooling to inform her senses a while, not yet sipping.
[Khorvis]: Uh .. I ... No, of course not.
Cen is still taking in the steamy tendrils wafting off the cup now.
Khorvis gives Lilliana a furtive look.
[Cen]: Ah.
Cen looks at her tea.
[Cen]: Do you know why the Cen made that?
Cen Looks up, then back at her tea.
Lilliana puts her bag back, seeming dissappointed that Khorvis wasn't willing to take a look. She accepts the jaw of hot tea....the look on her face now is one of shock simply over the fact that they are having a tea party. But, as she drinks, she eyes Cen, she
Lilliana > doesn't remember anything about a doll? She listens.
Khorvis reaches into his pouch and removes a small, worn, and vaguely orcish doll. He gives the Cen a wry look that creases his wrinkles.
Cen smiles at the doll, taking her first sip.
[Cen]: Oh! Too wonderful. You do brew a fantastic cup Khorvis!
[Khorvis]: I do take your compliment to heart, Cen.
[Khorvis]: And as for the why? I did think you did wish to practice your stitch, aye?
Lilliana then has some recognition cross her face. She sips her tea.
[Cen]: No. Practice have I many more years than, well, than can I remember.
[Lilliana]: Stick a blade in it, make sure it's not a voodoo doll.
[Cen]: The Cen watched you Khorvis, watched your pasion for your cause...
[Cen]: She does so admire it.
[Cen]: And...
[Cen]: When jest was made of your efforts, the Cen knew there is not more for you to hold dear than your mandate grim. So...
Khorvis sits the doll on Lilliana's knee, grumbling about how he has no knowledge of voodoo and how she should check herself. He listens intently still to Cen's explanation, keeping his eyes on her through the campfire.
[Cen]: The Cen stitched that garment that your pride would allow no mocking for your cause. A doll in the colors grim is more than a doll. Something that you can DEMAND respect for your message through. It is a tool, and you, you are a great master of craft.
[Cen]: The craft of war, and of leadership.
Cen sips her tea again, nodding to herself.
Lilliana 's gaze flickers swiftly from Khorvis to Cen, and then back again a couple times. "Yeah, the doll demands respect." She picks it up, cradling it. "Any orc that carries a doll around with him daily......" and then she claps a hand over her mouth, still
Lilliana > holding the doll before she says anymore.
Cen turns to Lilliana. "The tabard demands respect. Regardless of the wearer."
[Lilliana]: Yeah...it's the cool doll. Cool enough for orcs to carry with them. *she nods wisely*
Cen returns to her tea.
[Khorvis]: We three are all craftsmen for the Mandate. And I do thank you for all of your efforts. The little thing may be only of cloth and straw, but I do think it a worthy avatar if the spirit of the tailor is in it with the Mandate.
Cen smiles through her tea.
[Cen]: Lilliana. The Cen has seen many a doll save a life.
Khorvis is warmed by his tea and takes Lilliana's words at face value.
Cen nods to herself, to her companions, and then to the distance beyond them.
Lilliana really can barely handle the idea of Khorvis stalking around Azeroth and Dreanor with a dolly in his bag...even if t was made by Cen....who would be one to offer such an odd thing to an orc in total seriousness. It takes all her strength to hide a grin >
Lilliana > and continue to look serious for Cen's sake, and for Khorvis's. She hands the doll back carefully to Khorvis, although she does pause to eye the tabard on it.
[Lilliana]: Save a life, huh?

The trio begin to hatch a plan for Orphan's Week, in order to spread the word of the Mandate.

[Cen]: Orphans week is near... the Cen will make as many dolls as she can for to give the strength of familly to those who are left alone. Children are saved in someone to hold with.
Lilliana sets her gaze on Cen.
Khorvis accepts the powerful avatar of the Mandate with shado-pan action arms and sets it before his crossed legs.
Cen hands her jar back to Khorvis, silently hoping for another portion of tea.
Khorvis pours the kettle dutifully, and only manages to slightly burn his thumbs.
Cen accepts the cup as it were the greatest of treasures.
Khorvis stokes the flames and considers the Cen's words concerning orphans.
[Khorvis]: An idea does come to my mind, Cen.
Cen tilts her head to the side in anticipation.
Lilliana is given yet another cup, and she grins over that, "Hey, thanks." She sips too much of it though and sputters....because she wants to laugh at the doll. But after that, with nearly burning her lips....she gets it under control. "Cen and Khorvis are >
[Lilliana]: > gonna help out during orphans week or something?
[Khorvis]: May be you do sew more little tabards for the orphans in the coming week. Grim tabards for their dolls, and the same for their young backs.
[Khorvis]: If a doll might save a life, may be the Mandate will give to the young ones some more hope.
Cen is smiling at the care of family in Khorvis' intention.
[Cen]: Would Awatu permit such on the living who have not "earned" the tabards?
Lilliana just sips her tea.....she doesn't comment. She looks thoughtful....kind of. Maybe.
[Khorvis]: Hrmph. You did ask of my new office, wanderer. Then it is yours to know that the Inquisition has the great and honorable duty of spreading the Mandate to all corners of the Horde.
Cen smiles a large open mouth expression of joy.
[Cen]: You are as good as you are strong.
[Cen]: Perhaps the Cen should invoke other grim ones to participate as they would?
Lilliana concentrates on her tea, sip....sip....sip. Maybe even a slurp for the hell of it.
[Khorvis]: If they are true Grim, then they will rally to your cause like veteran worg riders to the bannermaiden at the vanguard.
[Khorvis]: Hrm, bannermaiden ...
Cen can't supress a little clap as she squirms in excitement. Obviously this is close to her heart.
[Khorvis]: Priestess Lilliana, do you remember the name Squizzle?
Lilliana shakes her head no from behind her teacup. She doesn't. She looks at Khorvis.
[Khorvis]: Hrmph. she did carry the scalp banner. The first that we did stitch from the very first scalp hunt.
[Khorvis]: A true bannermaiden. I fear she may have fallen on the field.
Lilliana nods, "I missed the first scalphunt." Her brow furrows, "She fell? We still got her scalp banner? That would be cool to show the kids."
[Khorvis]: Aye, I do think the banner hangs in the office of the Wordbearer.

Cen takes a moment to express concerns that might run in conflict with the Mandate.

[Cen]: The Cen has a request in this, that may fall far from hearing.
[Khorvis]: It may give heart to the children, indeed I do think it might.
[Khorvis]: Speak your mind, wanderer.
[Cen]: Would that in rallying the youths to hope, we do not turn them on the children of the Alliance who have yet to make that folly their own? ...The Alliance itself, of course. But hope has the Cen that by the time our childrern hold swords...
[Cen]: ...that they may fight beside some other races as Horde and one, races as of now, enemies.
Cen nods to herself.
[Cen]: Let the enemies be what they are now, not making more of the future.
Lilliana turns a sharp look onto Cen, but then does a good job at hiding behind her cup of tea.
Khorvis gives Cen a stony-eyed stare through the fire.
Cen catches the looks and continues.
[Cen]: ...Not so long ago were the children of blood the children of the sun, enemies: but now friends.
[Cen]: Might I be so wrong to hope that some other race may join wisdom?
[Cen]: I do not wish to save those who have rallied, but only to give choice to those born into a lie.
Lilliana is holding back saying anything to that....although, she would have plenty to say. She seems to be waiting for Khorvis's response, if he chooses to have one to Cen.
[Cen]: ...those who have NOT yet chosen.
Cen looks to Khorvis doll. "...the innocent..."
[Khorvis]: I do think your hope is a fool's errand, wanderer. At every gathering of the Inquisition, we do teach our Aspirants of the dangers of letting free the sproutlings of the Alliance dogs. But...
[Khorvis]: Many of us have had the suns of our youth stolen from the ledgers, and not by our own choice.
Khorvis looks almost wistful at that.
Cen is atentive and open.
[Khorvis]: We will not be marching an army of children against the Alliance. There is no honor in sending our youth to their deaths.
[Cen]: Truly.
You nod at Cen.
Lilliana keeps very quiet, and is listening still.
[Cen]: Perhaps the Cen may place something on the walls of our halls? Should my meaning be a slap to the mandate, you may beat the Cen in return, before it reaches the eyes of children?
Khorvis holds his tongue.
Khorvis turns to Lilliana. "Speak your mind, Dreadweaver."
[Lilliana]: You know what I'd say. *she gives Cen a brief look before she turns back to Khorvis. Her cup is still in front of her face though, she's holding it up there....as, even though she seems to like to be in the spotlight, certain times she doesn't like to >
Lilliana > off her input.
Cen tilts her head to the side, ears twitching.
[Cen]: Might that I hear what Khorvis knows already?
Lilliana puts her cup down, "I think it's a great idea....but...." She pauses, and speaks like a serious troll. "Not the part of not turning the younger horde against the younger alliance. The relationship between the two factions is far too gone to be >
[Lilliana]: > salvaged. It's annihilate....or be the ones destroyed. I mean, Khorvis is right, we don't send kids into battle....well, sometimes we do, but you know what I mean...but.... They have to understand how much it means, and that isn't taught by >
[Lilliana]: > the tolerance that false hope a faction will see the light and come to our side. Not at this point in the game.....
Cen nods with earnest compassion. "Perhaps, perhaps... But allow me to be the fool I am in hope. And I will word myself with care to walk a line that rests between us."
Lilliana glances at Khorvis, "I don't think either of us want to see any spark of that hope, though... Cen."
[Khorvis]: The Clandestine speaks my heart as well. And yet, if we did our work in the proper way, the Inquisition did teach you how to speak the Mandate, wanderer.
[Cen]: Truly? Should a child human born come to your feet pledging insight and loyalty with a hundered human scalps at his feet... would you give him death over kinship?
Cen is very still.
Khorvis unsheathes his greatsword and lays it across his knees. He sets his mug of tea atop the flat of the blade and rests his elbows there as well.
Lilliana ....although a Grim....really shouldn't be able to throw stones at that question considering she was raised by a freaking gnome. Not that either of these two know that. She goes to answer Cen, but pauses when Khorvis moves his sword.
[Khorvis]: Such a thing has never happened in my long years serving four Warchiefs.
[Khorvis]: You split hairs with such words, when the Mandate was forged to split skulls.
Cen listens, cup sitting restfully at her lips.
Lilliana looks at Cen.
[Lilliana]: I'd kill it, Cen. And add it's scalp to the collection it brought me.
Cen nods again. "But the Cen is not so gifted at the splitting of skulls... she is a mender, and such is her heart: even if folly."
[Cen]: ...she will use words as well as she may, that serving the mandate on children's due day.
[Khorvis]: The spirit of your quest to mend and raise the hearts of our orphans is worthy of the Mandate. I can not vouch for your safety in your travels if you do seek to go beyond the warmth of our campfire.
Khorvis watches the kettle flame flicker and die.
Cen smiles, but with a heavy thought on her lips.
[Cen]: ...I know...
[Lilliana]: I freaking hope you do. *the little troll sighs with an audible sigh*
Cen rises and wanders away unceremoniously.
Khorvis finishes his tea and hands the jar back to Cen, not without warmth.

While the mood had darkened, Cen departed in peace, leaving Khorvis and Lilliana to consider her words.

Khorvis turns to Lilliana.
[Khorvis]: Did we fail in the Inquisition?
Lilliana shakes her head, "She has to figure it out on her own....I think it's okay to have moments where you think there can actually be another way." She sounds so grown up. But then she tips over her cup of tea, there is osme left....and it spills into the >
[Lilliana]: > snow. Cen is so not getting this cup back!*
Khorvis lets loose a rare and earnest chuckle.
Lilliana looks at Khorvis, "What?" She asks since he's chuckling at her.
[Khorvis]: Your spirit does never flag, whatever comes, priestess.
[Khorvis]: The Mandate did choose well when it did make of you a Dreadweaver. And your sister Ruuki.
[Lilliana]: Hah, ya think? *she picks up the cup and hold sit upside down, watching the last droplets fall and stain the ground* Well, that was your fault...not like I would have had a choice in the matter... *she grins and gets up to her feet*
Khorvis gets to his feet as well. The creaking of his joints is audible. It must be the cold.
[Khorvis]: You are right. Though Cen may not understand this, many of us do have no choice.
[Khorvis]: Now I must see that thorium seller. Blasted goblins ...
[Lilliana]: Bring back a better kettle. I think the water tasted burnt. *she grins* ....after you get what you need form your seller! *sounds expectant*
Lilliana grins at you wickedly.
Khorvis growls, returning to his salty self as he stomps off through the snow. "Bloody goatsuckers ..."
Lilliana cackles maniacally at you.
Cen
Lost

Re: Tea Leaves in the Winterspring

Unread post by Cen »

--
Last edited by Cen on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((<3))
Cen
Lost

Unread post by Cen »

--
Last edited by Cen on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((awesome))
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

(( d'awww. also tasty. ))
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.