Something Unexpected [[ Open ]]

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Filora

Something Unexpected [[ Open ]]

Unread post by Filora »

There was an expulsion of air, the sparkle of light that signified the arrival of someone via hearthstone recall. That was nothing unusual for the Grim's guildhall; many people moved in and out through the day. What was unusual was the bloody heap that arrived.

Filora coughed up more blood and tried to summon the Light to heal herself, but the bubble of magic that had protected her too late had used up most of her strength. While her armor had been effective versus shrapnel, it had done little to protect against the sheer impact of a bomb detonating beside her, and her internal injuries were serious. Curled into a ball, she couldn't even call for help before she fell unconscious.

[[ From here. Open to anyone interested in getting involved. ]]

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Lupinum
Irredeemable

Re: Something Unexpected [[ Open ]]

Unread post by Lupinum »

A day spent in his room found Lupinum putting his letters in order, filing paperwork, shifting things around on his desk. Being a supplicant, his quarters were off the great hall, near the main doors. A shift in air pressure rustled his neat stacks of parchment. Nothing new, this was where his guildmates appeared via hearthstone. The displaced air was almost welcome, met with greetings and offers for drinks. What was unusual was the soft thud and gurgling sounds that reached the Forsaken's ears. Lupinum opened his door, looking this way and that down the hall. A small, curled mass of bleeding armor whimpered in the soft light of candles. He dropped his books and quickly ran over, the words of healing tumbling out of his mouth as he sprinted.

Lupinum finished the spell as he placed his hands on the Elf's abdomen and shoulder. Shimmering waves of light coursed down his arms, searing the dead skin as it passed between the two. The touch of Light wove itself into her torso and mended what it could. Another light touch on her forehead placed a soft, warming glow that slowly faded, knitting together broken sinews and pulling her organs back into a semblance of normalcy.

Now sure that he had pulled his companion back from the brink, he turned his head down the hall and shouted for assistance. Lupinum looked back down at the blood streaked face of Filora and whispered "By the Light, what happened..."
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

Lilliana came upon the pair as Lupinum asked Filora what happened. She had only come into the main hall to steal some paper, since there was a stack of it hidden in one of the cupboards. She looked the elf over, sniffed and said, "Whoa, someone got their arse kicked.......!"
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

Filora opened her eyes and blinked a few times, unfocused. Then she flopped onto her back, taking a deep breath of air in lungs that weren't collapsed anymore. It still hurt like a bitch, everything hurt, but the crushing pain was gone.

She raised a trembling hand to push away a strand of hair that had gotten stuck to her bloodied face, only managing to smear the blood, and tried to focus on those who had gathered nearby. One she didn't know, the other she knew well.

The images of what had just happened flashed through her mind, and with them came disbelief. She managed to get out a few words -- "Xara, she tried to kill me!"

Lilliana

Lilliana frowned when Filora called her Xara. She was used to being rudely called 'Not-Xara' by the sassy little elf, since she so closely resembled the troll pirate from Borrowed Time.

But Lilliana was not Xara, merely a relative who had similar features. The elf really was in a bad state if she so easily confused the two.

She found Lupinum almost scowling at her casual entrance and comment after he exhausted his mending magics to help the fallen paladin. Filora almost died, and Lilliana was not taking this seriously, or at least, she didn't seem to be.

Lilliana grinned at the undead priest, and knelt down beside them both. Her expression had now, in fact, turned serious. Something had hurt a Grim close to death, and....Lilliana would find out who or what did such a thing. Once she did, she would go and put an end to it. Nothing messed with a Grim and was left triumphant for long.

She touched the elf's face with a rough skinned hand, where the blood had smeared and begun to dry and crack. "It's Lilliana Bloodshine here....and Lupinum of the Grim. I'm not Xara. I'm the one you call 'Not-Xara'. You're only among Grim right now....no one else that is not Grim is here, or can be here." She looked at Lupinum, and then behind her to see if anyone else had come to join the ruckus.

With a sweet, soothing voice that shouldn't belong to any troll, but happens to belong to Lilliana along with that odd, gnomish accent, she asks, "Can you tell us more....?" Her blue eyes could see that Filora was barely conscious, and so she added sweetly, "Or can I see what happened.....?" Her hand remained on the elf's face. It was with a gentle touch.
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

The old bar and beer engine off the guild Hall's canteen was in a sorry state. Between the campaign in Pandaria and the new holdings in Draenor, few Grim had use for the fixture, and cobwebbed decay had settled in to the oaken saloon.

Khorvis was determined to fix this mess.

Specifically the pump, which was currently disassembled into dozens of brass pieces and cracked rubber seals. The orc had gotten the grand idea to somehow fit a Snowmaster 9000 into the engine, which would thereby chill the casked ale and deliver a refreshing round to thirsty Grim. He had recently received schematics from Brother Tuskinar for the device, and being in the spirit of Winter's Veil, he wished to prepare the Hall for the New Year.

Fiddling with the unfamiliar components, Khorvis dropped an arclight spanner which rebounded off of an old leg of roast mutton and landed onto a blue switch labelled "Taste the Hyjal". A great "WHOMP! BANG!" sounded from the engine and titanic blast of ice and snow rocketed from beneath the bar and caught the orc square in the face. With a roar, he spluttered a litany of original and, quite frankly, racist slurs, clutched his frozen face, and tore off down the corridor in a blind sprint.

Khorvis crashed into the Great Hall and with all the grace of a rabid meadowstomper on a Nagrand cherry bender he collided with Supplicant Lupinum at a most unfortunate time for the exhausted priest. Tumbling to the ground in a heap of grease-stained overalls and blood-soaked robes, the warrior barked, "Lupinum you damned corpse! Get off of me!"
Lilliana

Lilliana attempted to shield Filora as Khorvis came colliding in with poor Lupinum. If it wasn't for the situation at hand, she would laugh at the orc, and also at Lupinum's misfortune. But she didn't.
Lupinum
Irredeemable

Unread post by Lupinum »

Bowled over by the immense Orc frame, the Forsaken rolloed away and laid on the floor, catching his breath. "Sorry 'bout that..." he managed at length.
A moment passed and Lupinum caught his breath. He sat up and shook his head clear. He looked to the other priestess and asked, "Do you know what she's talking about?"
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

Filora started to brush Lilly's hand away as she realized she was, in fact, not Xaraphyne, but then the trolless was leaning over her to protect her from Khorvis' sudden entrance. Filora grunted and pushed herself back to extricate herself so she could sit up. Her face hurt, and she touched her nose to see if it was broken. She hoped not; it was her best feature. Above the neck, anyway.

"It was Saphiara," she said, her voice half-muffled by her hand as she fingered her nose gingerly. "One of my former guildmates. She said I was a traitor." Her tone was still rife with disbelief. "I'm still a member of the Horde, even if I am Grim now!"

Something occurred to her. She dropped her hand. "I just met with their new guild leader not that long ago... She was acting like she wanted something. What? A freaking apology?"

Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Having extricated himself from the flesh pile, Khorvis finished clearing the rime from his brow. He tossed a frozen tip of goatee that had snapped from its braid to the side, and catching the last few exchanges of news, began to darken in disposition.

"A traitor? This Saphiara did name a Grim as traitor to the Horde?! A Reaper of the Mandate?! BAH!"

The orc was working himself into a lather, then caught sight of Filora's shredded armor and the alarming amount of blood that had pooled in the center of the Great Hall of the Grim. His voice lowered and as he rose up on both feet to his full height, Khorvis intoned a deep growl.

"More than words were exchanged this day. You will tell us everything. There is blood on the ledger."
Lilliana

Lilliana now gave Filora room. She was safe. She was healing, thanks to Lupinum and his fine grasp of the holier of their magics. These were the type of magics that Lilliana didn't like to touch. She could weave the light yes, but she had little desire and it never spoke to her. Not at least as it did to certain priests and paladins.

When Khorvis demanded that Filora tell everything, the priestess took a figurative step back. She would let Khorvis field the questions to Filora, even though Lilliana had already begun to ask, and was even ready to get right into Filora's head if need be to get her answers. She became quiet, and watched Khorvis as he stood tall fo ra moment. The priestess often fell back when Grim of certain rank were about, even though her mind continued to work, manipulate even, if albeit silently. She knew the name, Saphiara. She had never met this person, but had heard the name mentioned and she knew what guild she belonged to. Her gaze met Lupinum's, and she stared at him the entire time that Filora decided to speak.
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

Filora looked up at Khorvis, not the least bit intimidated despite the size and menace of the orc. Her temerity wasn't entirely due to assurance that a fellow Grim wouldn't hurt her, or familiarity with Khorvis in particular either; the elf never seemed to have fear in any situation.

But she was still in disbelief that what had happened had. She pulled off a gauntlet and rubbed at the blood smeared on her face, glancing at the suddenly silent Lilliana. She'd gleaned enough about the priestess to know that that was the troll's own way of showing seriousness. The undead, she couldn't read yet.

"I was traveling through Frostfire," she said, "when I was ambushed. It was Saphiara, a member of Sanctuary from back when I was in it. She was wearing their new tabard, with the phoenix on it. She called me a coward and faithless."

The paladin frowned. "And she said she was claiming a blood debt. But I didn't kill anyone. Sanctuary was weak. That's why it fell to Garrosh."

Lupinum
Irredeemable

Unread post by Lupinum »

Lupinum met and kept Lilliana's gaze. It seemed as though there was a shared thought between the two, a response must be made. The Forsaken listened the Filora's words, furrowing his brow as he did. There has been enough blood spilled between fighting the Alliance and the Iron Horde without this kind of internal squabbling. And this talk of a debt... Yes, their response must be swift and effective.
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Khorvis caught the strange look passing between the priests but did not know what to make of it. Some mystic or spiritual connection was at work, and he was wise enough to keep his thick skull out of such dealings. Instead, he softened his features and acknowledged the quick and deft healing weaves that had saved the paladin's life.

"This is solid work, menders. I do think this elf woman will survive the ambush." He gripped his goatee and gave it a curt tug to remind himself of the real wound.

"Aye, you are in on piece, Filora, but a few bandages and herbs will not mend the dishonor that this huntress did lay on the Mandate. You do say that Sanctuary is the banner behind which Saphiara hides?" The orc spat on the stone floor and barked a curse. "Treaty-kissers! We must bring this dire news before the Commander and the Irredeemables. What say you, Reaper?"
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

"Me?" Filora had only spoken to Awatu once, at the Darkmoon Faire, and she was pretty sure she'd annoyed him. Unlike another easily annoyed tauren she knew, however, she didn't particularly want to irritate the Commander, so she hadn't made any efforts to speak to him since. Staying low-profile was key to her strategy to maintain maximum laziness. Which, in turn, was one reason she was so shocked she'd been targeted by Saphiara.

Only now, as her disbelief faded and Khorvis spoke, did she begin to realize the possible greater ramifications of the ambush. No wonder the two priests had gone silent and were exchanging significant looks. The Grim would not take kindly to one of their own nearly being killed, even if it was just some elf who recently joined and didn't contribute much.

"She's probably just crazy," Filora ventured after a moment, though she still wondered at the timing and nature of the conversation she'd had with Julilee not long ago. Maybe she was crazy too, and Saphiara was acting on her orders. The righteous were usually only one small step off the deep end, after all. Filora wasn't sure, but it was an interesting theory. However, that wasn't her most pressing concern.

"But uh, I'd rather she didn't keep coming after me," Filora added, then, to keep it relevant to the Grim's interests, "And who knows what else Sanctuary will try if they condone this?"

She shifted, leaning back on her hands, and didn't have to feign a wince. She couldn't even remember the last time she'd been this badly hurt.