Assassin for Peace

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Lilliana

Re: Assassin for Peace

Unread post by Lilliana »

((Dang, Syreena! Hehe))
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

A Task Unfinished

Since losing her battle with Kex'ti, and also losing an ear during the process, in Northrend nearly two months ago, Syreena had not attacked any Sanctuary members. She felt guilty about that. After all, the Commander had declared them traitors and had tasked her with cleansing traitors from the Horde. On the other hand, she was weary of fighting a losing battle alone. Several Grims, even officers, seemed to be on friendly terms with Julilee and Kex'ti and other Sanctuary members.

Then yesterday, when Leyujin was organizing fists for battles against the Alliance, the little rogue found herself fighting alongside Julilee, Kex'ti, Darethy, and Aaren. She wouldn't put it past the Wordbearer to have done that intentionally to force her to rely on them and protect them, at least for as long as the battles lasted.

During a break in the battles, while waiting to enter Ashran, she felt soothing mists enveloping her, repairing wounds from the previous battle. She turned to see Kex'ti smiling at her.

"Why are you being nice to me?" Syreena questioned him suspiciously.

"There are better uses of your time," he answered with his usual reasonable calmness.

"Than hating you? Like what?"

"Murdering people who post a threat to Azeroth."

"Who decides who poses a threat?" the little rogue asked, trying to start an argument with him. She had no desire to have friendly conversation with him, no matter how reasonable he seemed.

"The people actively trying to kill Horde tend to pose a high priority, no?"

"Like...Sanctuary?"

"You can't seriously believe that?" Kex'ti asked, laughing. Laughter was not the reaction she was going for.

"Saphiara nearly killed Filora," she argued. "Khorvis nearly died at Aerie Peak because Sanctuary tried to protect dwarves from us."

"Saphiara acted without Sanctuary approval," the elf explained. "I don't know much about Aerie Peak beyond it being a clusterfuck."

"And what did Sanctuary to do punish Saphiara?"

Kex'ti coughed and then laughed. "You haven't seen her around, have you?"

"You killed her?" Syreena asked doubtfully.

"No. She's imprisoned. She poses a threat to nobody."

"I don't believe you," she shot back, but that wasn't entirely true. She'd never known Kex'ti to lie, and it was true that she hadn't seen any sign of Saphiara in months.

"I apologize for her actions under our banner. Given the situation, I don't hold you any ill will for your...previous actions."

"You hold no ill will...." she repeated, still doubtful and suspicious. Having a civilized conversation with this elf who'd cost her so much was unfamiliar territory for Syreena. It could be a trap. She was much more comfortable openly at odds with him; at least then there was no doubt about where she stood. "Just a body part. Speaking of which.... How's your hand?"

"Well enough," Kex'ti answered. Syreena wasn't sure if she was disappointed or relieved he didn't get upset or offended at her question. She certainly didn't ask it out of concern for his health. "It's disappointing in my personal life, but for practical applications it works well. Not that you'd know much about that."

"About what?" the little rogue asked dumbly. She was still trying to process that her several month long hunt for this elf's head may be at an unsuccessful end.

"Intimacy," he answered, taking a pull from his jug. He simply shrugged when she smirked at him.

"So I should take your word that you bear me no ill will, meaning you're not going to attack me or try to kill me? Or any other Grim?"

"If you don't attack innocent people, and you don't attack members of Sanctuary," Kex'ti assured her. "I'm not going to lie and say I have warm and fuzzy feelings for you. You stay out of my way, and I stay out of yours. Very simple."

Syreena realized then, that it was over. She wanted it to be over. Her quest for eliminating Sanctuary for attacking Grim and being branded traitors, had been putting too much strain on her relationships with her guildmates. Without their support, there was no way she could be successful. Continuing down this path would likely lead to more than just a missing ear. There was no point to it, and she knew it. It was only stubbornness, and her orders from the Commander, that had kept her going this far. But now she had a new assignment from the Commander, so she felt no regret letting go of this one--only a touch of defeat and a fair amount of relief.

"Hunting traitors of the Horde is no longer my current assignment," Syreena said with a nod.

Kex'ti nodded back, but then added, "I won't agree with what constitutes a traitor. But your skills are wasted dealing with other members of the Horde."

"I am called to battle," the rogue said abruptly. That was enough civilized chat for one day with someone who she'd only ever known as an enemy. She turned away and headed into Ashran, to battles that were simple and straightforward.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

(( if I pvped Greebo would *so* be there with you, killin' 'em - but luckily enough no alliance is innocent so it's open season.))
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

An Ear for an Ear
(adapted from a log)

Syreena arrived at Vol'mar to find Lilliana arguing with an elf. The little rogue recognized the elf. More importantly, she recognized the purple and gold tabard he wore. She stayed to the shadows until she took a seat on a bench behind him, so he couldn't see her, but she could see Lilly.

Cerryan shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm sure it's going to get me in trouble one day, too. But apologies if I do not show the respect that you feel is due to murd...." He sucked in a breath, trying to keep his temper, "to your officership."

Syreena made mocking faces behind Cerryan and silently mouthed, "Blah, blah, blah."

"It's cool, Cerryan. As long as I show respect to you and yours, at least I know that I haven't stooped down to your level," Lilliana said with a taunting giggle....it's still quiet...but it's rather typical. Lilliana saw Syreena appear, and she could not help but to grin. She quietly dropped her giggle though, as that was too rude, "Sorry Cerryan, I'm just kidding...... But really, Cerryan....what do you think is supposed to happen here? You think we are all going about this wrong?

Cerryan furrowed his brow and squeezed his fists, but didn't lash back. Instead, his demeanor saddened somewhat, and his body sagged as if a weight were upon him. "Of course I do. You know that as well as any of your fold. If I didn't know better I'd almost think you cared a bit more than the rest too."

"I care," Lilly agreed, watching Cerryan, and not the lurking Syreena now. "I just get what needs to be done."

"But not enough, in any case. The cycle continues and continues, and it's all I can do to fight against it until I eventually fall, be it to the enemies that threaten our whole world, or members of our own faction who don't like what I have to say."

Syreena stood and crept closer to Cerryan, sniffing him. The elf stiffened. The little rogue reached out to tap him on the left shoulder, then stepped right. "By the Light, speaking of..." Cerryan started, but then his attention returned to the priestess.

Lilliana 's eyes flashed with something....was it offense? Maybe...actually, it certainly looked like a bit of hurt. "Maybe I don't....but I'd rather the Alliance die, than you or me, Cerryan."

"How about none of the above?" the elf countered. "That never occurs to any of you as an option."

Syreena tilted her head, a gleeful smile on her lips as she let her gaze travel along Cerryan's ears.

"Or at least how about not noncombatants, or for the...." Cerryan let out a long, drawn-out sigh.
Lilliana rolled her eyes in good humor at Syreena playing with Cerryan. Then she responded, "Cerryan, for the love of everything we give a shit about, that boat sailed a long time ago, that ain't gonna happen."

"We eat them," Syreena said with a sweet smile to Cerryan.

"I get that as an option, I get that it's not one," Lilly said, then she paused to look at Syreena over her last comment of 'eating the non combatants'.

"This is why I don't bother," Cerryan complained.

Lilliana muttered, "You seem pretty damned hopeful."

"Don't bother what?" Syreena asked innocently. "Did I interrupt something?"

Lilliana rubbed her eyes, "Nothing, Syreena..... Cerryan just thinks that we should go make peace with the Alliance, and live in harmony....because like, that's a possibility." She rolled out that statement and let any tension rise that would, looking tired and and annoyed. "Cause like, that's why we are sitting in the middle of a war zone and shit, cause like, people can get along and don't need to die or nothing." Lilliana mutters and keeps on talking, as if she's really angry. Seriously.

Syreena looked Cerryan up and down, her gaze pausing on his Sanctuary tabard. "Well....He is a purple people. So I guess he has to eat Kex'ti's words and spit them back out on command."

"I am. I was. I...I try to be," the elf started. "But I'm tired of shouting to the wind that the reason it doesn't seem like an option is people like you. On both sides, in your defense, but that's a shrinking minority compared to those who would prefer to just exist."

"People like us," Lilly mouthed that....didn't say it..just mouthed it. But then she did say, "Everyone wants to exist, even the children we kill, but like, oh well. They shouldn't have the blood that they were born with."

"There's exactly one place on this whole world where pitched battle between the Horde and Alliance even exists, and it's over nothing of worth or value," the elf rambled on. "The rest of us are trying to stave off what seems like its inevitable fate repeated."

"This is the same conversation Ully and I were telling you about that happened last night," Syreena explained to Lilly. Then she changed her voice to a silly, mocking tone. ""We can't kill innocents, only the people on the front lines. We want to make peace and babies with the Alliance. Blah, blah, blah."

Cerryan breathed heavily, balling his hands and closing his eyes, and with a breath released it all and slackened. "And here I am yet again, wasting my words on people who won't hear them."

Lilliana looked back at Syreena, "Oh yeah? Well, I guess I just got to get it in my head, that I'm a bad....bad.....baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad person."

"You are bad people, categorically. I don't think there's really an argument to make there," Cerryan stated. "But go on and be bad people, I clearly can't do anything about it."

"Nope, you can't do a thing," the little rogue said with a wicked grin at the elf.

Lilliana did look hurt at that.....and that was more than obvious. She furrowed her brows and looked at the ground. "Alright, I'll do that." Then she was quiet for a moment, "And fucking make it so that people like you can sleep at night, because I fucking do what you won't."

Syreena nodded in agreement with Lilly, then she looked at Cerryan searchingly. "Question for you...

"You're damn right I won't. So instead I'll keep fighting, and we'll have more occurrences like the Hinterlands incident until we all kill each other," Cerryan answered Lilly, then turned to the rogue. "This should be good."

"Where do you draw the line for 'innocent'? And for what purpose?"

"The survival of Azeroth is not the survival of the Horde alone," Cerryan began to explain. Lilly pulled her gaze back up from the ground, and looked from Syreena to Cerryan. At this point, the troll took a back sear, she looked like she had gone completely silent. Cerryan continued. "The threats to our world are not for the Horde to defend against alone, and do not think that we could even if we wanted to. Hunting down innocent civilians in their homes, slaughtering children before they've even had the opportunity to know the world they live in or the beauty of life, that's the line."

"That wasn't my question...," Syreena said after only the first half of what the wordy elf said. "Are you willing to fight the Alliance soldier who's swinging a sword at you? What about the healer who didn't lift a finger against you, but keeps up the soldier attacking you? What about the smiths that create and repair that armor and weapon swinging at you? What about the farmer who grows the food, without which, the soldier wouldn't be able to attack you?"

"Sanctuary defends against all threats. Those who strike with hostile intent are enemies, regardless of faction." Cerryan emphasized the last point Lilliana totally caught that Cerryan just emphasized. And the expression on her face darkened somewhat.

"I understand your logic," the elf assured them. "I just see the idiocy in it." Lilliana 's expression darkened further. She did not approve. Cerryan continued. "Yes, you could attain peace through the annihilation of every opposing factor. How long will that peace last? There are already plenty of folks within your own faction who oppose and stand against your actions. Will you take the blade to all of them as well?"

"Of course not," Syreena assured him, perhaps not convincingly with her wicked grin. "That would be treason."

"Oh my gosh, I just want to pop you with a freaking needle to let all the damned hot air out. Seriously," Lilly stated while looking at him.

"Will you simply kill and kill until those who adhere to your foolish Mandate are the only ones who remain?" Cerryan went on. "Where is -your- line, Grim?"

"Cerryan!" Lilly exclaimed. "I haven't like once insulted Sanctuary! Foolish mandate! You're so rude!" She sounded like an angry child. "Like, so rude!"

"As long as you condone the murder of the defenseless and innocent, you'll be party to my venom for your fold," Cerryan promised, starting flatly at the troll. "Well, that or until you kill me, I suppose."

"You can take that venom and stick it up your ass," Lilly said sharply. "All the way up your ass!"

"Condone it? I carry it out," Syreena was still grinning. "There are no innocents. And defenseless today will pick up a sword tomorrow."

"In vengeance, for the lives you've taken," Cerryan said. "Go on, save the world the way you think is right, until you find yourselves the next ones cast as the enemies of all. And don't even think that I won't be on the front lines of -that- battle."

"I've been there already," Syreena said with a wink as she drew her swords. "Would you like to put me there again?"

"Is that a threat, Cerryan?" Lilly accused.

"Sanctuary doesn't make threats," Cerryan promised, which earned him a cackle from Syreena.

"Oh, you just state facts." Lilly looked so very angry, and so she reached out and shoved the paladin in the shoulder. Not that it would do much, but it's pretty rude to just out and shove someone. "Well this is a fact, you have a bug way up your stupid ass! I run into you here, am all polite....and you insult me from here to hell." She actually stepped forward to shove him again.

Cerryan was pushed back, and for a moment a look of anger washed over his face. His hand was halfway to the hilt of his weapon before his anger turned to something akin to shock, and he stood immobile for a moment, shaking almost imperceptibly. "I...you..N...no, you'll not make a monster of me, too. Not this night."

"I! You!" Lilly shouted, mimicking him, and goes to shove him again even when his hand goes halfway to his weapon and then turns to shock. She doesn't care if he's angry or in shock, she's an angry troll. Cerryan stepped back, still shaking, but Lilly continued to press him closely. "Monster? What, am I the fucking monster? Is Syreena?????"

Cerryan stood indignantly, allowing a stupid, stubborn smirk to cross his face. "It would be rude of me to answer that question, Lilliana."

"And you elves are never rude," Syreena muttered, still standing behind him.

Lilliana took a gentle breath.....and watched that smirk spread across Cerryan's face. Her own face turned almost impassive....until she raised her hand and freaking BACKHANDED Cerryan across that freaking smirk, HARD. Yes, hard for a little troll. Give her some serious credit.

"Our sense of decorum was much more well respected in the days where we stood alongside the All..." Cerryan was saying until he got smacked. Syreena grinned, watching quietly, though ready if the elf looked like he would try a counterattack against Lilly. Cerryan was caught completely off-guard by the troll's sudden outburst, and was pushed back considerably, his face reddening quickly where he was struck. He made a few vain attempts at some sort of verbal comeback, but all ended in sputtering shock. Lilliana watched Cerryan stumble back, her eyes narrowed.

Syreena tilts her head, still grinning, thinking that looked like fun what Lilly did, and reaches up to slap him across the back of the head. Cerryan finally forced himself to stare coolly at the priestess, face red and a few scant tears beginning to form. He backed into Syreena's own slap.

Just then, an Alliance rogue attacked Syreena, fast and hard. Syreena fought back, but she wasn't expecting that in the middle of Vol'mar. The little rogue fell, but not before wounding the Alliance one. Lilly healed Syreena, cursing loudly, as the enemy rogue retreated.

"You didn't help," Lilly accused Cerryan.

"Did you honestly expect me to?" Cerryan answered.

Lilliana pulled up her magic, she was kind of done. "Cerryan....." She would do more than a freaking backhand now. Her shadows swirled, she was so going to attack him, right here, right now!

"Ahm not sure what sorta bittehness you be harborin', butchu jus' let a Horde die at de hands o' de Alliance," Ul-Rezaj said, having just arrived. "Who do you serve, elf?"

Syreena looked at Lilly, considering asking permission to attack the elf, then decides to just do it, and drew her swords. Cerryan didn't seem to notice, so she poked at him with her sword point. Lilliana glanced at Syreena and then back at Ul-Rezaj, seeing him there.

"Something more worthwhile than any of you. I'm finished even bothering to try," Cerryan said as he cast a spell, putting a protective bubble around himself. Then he activated his hearthstone. "You're hopeless monsters."

Lilliana then backed up, watching Cerryan, "Hey, Cerryan......."

"OH" the elf exclaimed as the priestess life-gripped him to her, interrupting his spells. He was jostled and fell to the ground. Ul-Rezaj chuckled.

"Suit yourself," Ul-Rezaj said. "Ah'v heard little substantiation o' your current position, so ahm hopin' de Alliance treat you well in some sorta merciful fashion."

Cerryan slackened defeated. "So, do you kill me now, and rid your fold of my indigence? I gather that your Mandate doesn't suffer the enemy that would live to fight another day, and don't think I won't keep fighting you, in the meager way I can."

Syreena piped up, grinning. "I vote yes to the killing him now part."

Lilliana noted the defeat, and her level of disgust only heightened. She was going on and on about soldiers not pulling their weight earlier.....and that is what she sees in Cerryan right now. "We don't kill horde." She poked him with a finger in his chest. "We also don't stand by and watch as they are nearly killed." She referenced what Cerryan just did moments ago......her eyes flashed over to Syreena and her hopeful vote. "We are here for the horde, so that the horde can live a life," she said this softly, her childishly smooth voice speaking rather firmly, almost like an adult.

"He's not Horde. He's a wimpy, snobby elf," Syreena objected. "With pretty ears," she added, tilting her head to admire Cerryan's ears as she licked her lips.

Lilliana glanced at Syreena...and you know what Lilly did? She stepped forward again, down the hill a bit...and she actually grabbed one of Cerryan's ears....since she feels she has him at her mercy with his freaking tentativeness and defeat. Cerryan winced and flailed some, not quite willing to strike out at her with Syreena standing right behind him with her blades at his back.

"A...ah! Are you happy now?" the elf cried. Syreena lifted a blade up to the ear Lilly was holding, glancing at the troll, as if for permission. Cerryan jerks his head to free his ear, but only makes his own pain worse

"No," Lilly answered simply. She yanked hard on his ear when he pulled his head to break free......she actually gave Syreena a look that almost looked like permission. It wasn't of course, she wouldn't dare....but like, Cerryan didn't know that.

"Your damn problem is that you only talk about the Horde, and what has to happen for the Horde to have a chance to live. Damn everyone else who has to die in the process." Cerryan was actually still trying to argue the Sanctuary philosophy. His ear hurt a whole heck of a lot, and is clearly reddened.

"You..... are still....popping off with that shit?" Lilly asked. She had his ear in one hand, and then, even before she was done with her sentence, she did something that priests rarely ever do...since they are so often hands off...well, she already backhanded him. Now, with the other hand, she punched him right in the mouth....to shut him up. BAM. Cerryan Sagged, held up by his ear as he coughed into his free hand. Lilly got down on the ground in front of Cerryan, her face in his face.

Syreena tilted her head, watching, surprised at Lilly's look when she asked about taking the elf's ear, and taking that for permission. It looked like a look of permission, and the rogue was not a mind reader like some priests were. She twisted her sword a bit, preparing for a clean cut.

"What's goin' on here?" Xaraphyne asked as she walked up, blinking at Cerryan. She arrived just in time to see Syreena grin wickedly as she let the blade slice through the elf's left ear, halfway between the pointy tip and his head. "Syreena!" the huntress yelled. But the little rogue only smiled while Cerryan shrieked, wringing himself away from the two Grims gracelessly.

Syreena snatched the ear from Lilly's hand. The priestess looked completely surprised as Syreena sliced it off.....she was about to snap at Syreena....but as soon as she saw Xaraphyne, she retracted all that, and made it look like that was quite deliberate on her part, even though that soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wasn't.

Cerryan falls right back on his ass, and Xara frowned and called out to him. "Cerryan?!"

Syreena held the half ear up to the hole on the left side of her own head where her ear used to be, as if trying it on for size. Lilliana's eyes flashed at Syreena for a moment, which she allowed, and then she got up and went over to the elf who just shrieked, "Xaraphyne, don't even....."

Xaraphyne wasn't even doing anything, she was just standing there alarmed and confused. Cerryan gripped the bleeding remnant of his ear, contracted in pain and doing his best to course healing energy to seal his would. Xaraphyne looked at Syreena to see what she was going to do now. Syreena looked at the ear in her hand again, then looked up at Cerryan, her gaze traveling meaningfully to his right ear as she licked her lips.

"For the the love of.....you.....are freaking........ " Lilly trailed off as she went to help the stupid elf heal. She looked like she is about to kick Cerryan, yes she did.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR DAMN HELP! JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Cerryan objected. He stared at the priestess warningly before attempting to make a hasty exit.

"You can't even stand up to a freaking priest! I'm the weak Grim," Lilly sneered at Cerryan. "I mean, fucking seriously!"

Xaraphyne blinked at Cerryan. "Lilly, what's going on? Did he attack you?"

Lilliana ignored Xara's question and shoved the poor one eared wonder again. "Stand up for yourself!" Then Lilly pulled the elf swiftly towards her again, but this time Cerryan at least expected it and used the inertia to throw a fist as he was pulled. Lilly stumbled back as she was punched square in the jaw. "Oh, now you can stand up for yourself! Are you a soldier?" She ignored Xara back there, "Show me, freaking....show me, Cerryan!"

"Hey! Break it up!" Xara shouted at them. Syreena watched Cerryan and Lilly, but she kept tight hold of her new treasure. Lilliana rubbed her jaw, and glared at Cerryan expectantly. Xaraphyne looked at Syreena, then Cerryan and Lilly. The Sanctuary elf looked shocked at his own hand, mumbling erratically to himself about being made a monster too, being just as bad. Syreena periodically scanned the hillside near the flight master for any potential...problems.

"I'm not a damned solider, I'm not some war-hungry monster like you," Cerryan began.

Xaraphyne tried to stop him, "Cerryan, shut up fer once, would ya?"

"I'm a Paladin of the Holy Light! I'm a...I'm..."

"A coward?" Syreena offered helpfully.

Lilliana smirked darkly, "That's better than bubblehearting." She referenced his punch, then raised a brow at his statement, "You're an ass, who is missing his ear for his damned stupidity and weakness," she said harshly, pointing to his ear. Or lack thereof.

"Syreena, Lilly. He ain't yers ta kick when he's down," Xara stated. "Leave off."

Lilliana turned a very challenging look at Xaraphyne, bordering on pure coldness. Syreena slowly drew her gaze over to Xara, narrowing her eyes slightly, then, after a quick glance around to make sure Xara's mate wasn't in the immediate area before she challenged her, she shook her head. "He's not yours either, is he?"

Xaraphyne met Lilly's gaze, not with any harshness of her own. She was just Xara, looking at Lilly. Then she answered Syreena. "Yeah, he is one of mine, in fact. Part of my crew."

Syreena considered that a moment, then looked to Lilly, willing to follow her lead from here. Lilliana said, "He's a big boy, and doesn't need you to take his hand and take him away from the great big bullies." Then she paused, and looked from Xara to Cerryan, and asked of him, "Unless, do you? Would you like for us to release you into Xaraphyne's care? Would that make you feel safe?"

"Yeah, here," Lilly continued, not waiting. She grabbed Cerryan by his shoulders and shoved him over to Xaraphyne.

Cerryan growled, still clutching the wounded stump of his ear. "Just let me go and leave me alone. I'm not fighting you any more than I have. I shouldn't...you've made me...I..."

Xaraphyne said, "I just dunno what yer tryin' ta accomplish, Lilly. Ya ain't gonna make him any stronger this way. He doesn't go that direction. Not everyone does."

Cerryan stood up, brushing past Xaraphyne brusquely in his frustration before stopping a few feet behind her. Syreena cackled at his seeming cowardice, and wiggled her fingers at him. "BOO!"

Lilliana glanced at Xaraphyne, "Obviously." She says with this disgust dripping from her mouth. If it were a real substance, it would sizzle when it hit the ground, burning a hole. Xaraphyne doesn't mind, still looking at Lilliana, as Cerryan stammered a thank you to the huntress. Lilly watched Cerryan use Xaraphyne as a shield.

Xara shrugged. "I know how the Grim work. Ya break people down and build 'em back up again. But not everyone breaks inta useable parts when ya break 'em."

Lilliana watched as Cerryan escaped, then she stared at Xaraphyne, "I'm going to the Cantina." She announced. Syreena agreed that drinks were in order.

"Alll right. Seeya around, both of ya," Xara said in farewell. Syreena tucked the ear safely away in a hidden pocket in her armor.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Lilliana

((Ha ha! What are we gonna do with Syreena!))
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

(Drama! Does this mean we can go to war with Sanctuary now?)
Lilliana

((I think it's now just an unsaid war!))