Kalless's Trial of Resolve

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Kalless

Kalless's Trial of Resolve

Unread post by Kalless »

It is with honor that I have met with Syreena, Khorvis, and Lilliana to hear what it means to uphold The Mandate of The Grim. Through their view and the unquestionable resolve they carry, not just for themselves, but for every Grim new and old. I have the following to share of my trial and what I have learned from it:

In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power. They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.

If there is nothing but fear reflected in your sword. you will dodge, and be afraid of getting killed. When you attack, you will be afraid of killing someone. Even when you try to protect someone, you will be afraid of letting them die. Yes, if your sword speaks only of absurd fear, it will reflect these things till they become your end. What is necessary in a fight is not fear. Nothing can be born of that. When I dodge, "I won't let them cut me." When I protect someone, "I won't let them die." When I attack, "I will kill them." Can you see the resolve to kill in my sword?

Syreena is not only a Grim, she is a battle sharpened blade. She upholds The Mandate through her skill in assassination and perfect aim with snowballs. From painful beginnings she learned to sneak and steal to survive and has risen up to now teach these life earned skills to Grim Supplicants such as myself. It is with pride that I call her Inquisitor and strive to meet her example when I serve The Mandate to those that would disturb the peace. A peace I will see through annihilation.

Lilliana has shown me what The Mandate would mean to a child, at least a child on the surface. For when she described The Mandate to me, I learned that not age, nor experience can teach you to carry out, that which must be done. Lilliana is a Grim that I can only hope to be. Her experience with Troll elders who follow their beliefs blindly might have turned any other. However, her heart as a Grim, even before there was Grim, helps me to see that I must make my own decisions when it comes to those that would lead us one way or another. And it is with this responsibility that I carry out The Mandate to those that have been lead blindly. Those that would risk a peace that can only be found through the elimination of pink skins and their compatriots.

You may or may not have noticed that I have changed considerably after this trial. Khorvis, through his resolve, has fashioned for me, the blade -Blackguard- to bolster my power and suppress the corruption that has plagued my mind for decades. As a result we may have found a way to purify fel energy. Further research must be made, however we may be able to develop a process to distill the fel energy from its corruption. We may be able to prevent those who use this energy from falling the way Illidan did. Thank you Khorvis, your resolve is unquestionable.

-Kalless Fireheart-
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Kalless's Trial of Resolve

Unread post by Syreenna »

Kalless,

Your Trial of Resolve is complete. Within the next few days, you will receive instructions for your third and final Trial.

Peace,
Syreena
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda