Rallaster's request...

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Rallaster
Lost

Rallaster's request...

Unread post by Rallaster »

The door opens as this huge white figure appears. As the figure starts to move forward you can hear the heaviness of his foot hit the ground with each step. His iron boots then stop in place. His bright blue eyes shift from one side to another. As they shift from the right to the left a smile escapes his lips. A very small "Heh" pops out followed by a simple nod to everyone within the tavern.

He then makes some eye contact with Tuskinar. He noticed the reddish robes of the troll. His eyes then shifted over to his staff. After thinking to him self for a moment he gave him a small nod as he made his way over to Tuskinar. He stops before him as he lets a small pause pass. His lips then open as the blackened fog escapes his mouth he starts to speak..."Tuskinar." He says very directly to the troll. "I have been sent to speak with you.". As he gives him a small grin. "I can see that you are a man of the.." as he pauses again for a quick moment "The light.". At this very moment Rallaster then makes the mental note that Tuskinar and himself are working toward the same goals. A more neutral look becomes apart of his face as he looks Tuskinar in the eyes. He then starts to speak again but this time his voice begins to become a lot more pliable. "May I have a word with you? I would like a chance to speak with you one on one if you do not mind. I have some questions if you do not mind. Can we maybe setup a time for this?" standing before Tuskinar awaiting an answer in return.
Tuskinar
Lost

Re: Rallaster's request...

Unread post by Tuskinar »

It was rare for the troll to frequent the leisurely atmosphere of the Gallows End; not that he disliked the company of those therein, but rather that he enjoyed the comforts of nature and areas more serene. However, in this instance, Tuskinar indeed found himself within the tavern, doing his best to savor what other Grim may have called 'real food'. His meal for the day consisted of a large platter with a variety of dishes upon it, one of which was a large ham shank. The spiral ham was thickly coated in a pineapple glaze that shone in the light and sliced in quarter-inch wide steaks. Alongside the ham were little finger foods; roasted red potatoes peppered with rosemary, sliced carrots smudged with some sort of cream, and fillets of a host of locally caught fish. If one were to look carefully upon said platter, they'd notice that a majority of the foods were left untouched, save for the fillets of fish and one or two of the vegetables.

As Rallaster approached his table, the shadows began to flicker and shift around him, causing the dim candlelight near him to almost fade out completelly. Whispers from the darkness purred in the troll's ear and after a few moments, the shadows reverted back to normal, allowing the light to return back to normal. Tuskinar reached across the table with a three-fingered hand to retrieve a partial slice of ham, pinching it between forefinger and thumb.

"Dey got da best cooked ham in Azeroth dey said," the troll stated, his facial expression transitioning from neutrality to pure disgust. "Da food at da Gallows End is all da rage, dey said... Pah! Da cooks wouldn't know what ta do wit' fresh ingredients if dey were freakin' hand delivered to 'em!"

As he said this, Tuskinar threw his arm straight up, releasing his grip on the ham slice, which caused it to stick firmly to the ceiling - no thanks to that ham glaze it was so elegantly coated in. His arm returned to settle on the tabletop and the old troll let out a long, resigning sigh. "Not ta mention dat ham was overcooked... not enough blood in da meat. ....Whut do you want, mon?"

Tusk asked, slanting his head only slightly to bring Rallaster into view. His beady eyes narrowed upon the Death Knight, listening to his words before letting out a loud, indignant snort. "Ya gone an' made two mistakes jes' now, friend. ...First, ya done called me a man. I ain't no filthy, pink skinned flesh sack... Ya lookin' at a troll - I'm sure ya seen dem around."

He paused and turned his head to more fully look upon Rallaster, a strange smile creeping up to his lips. "Ya second mistake is.... ya assume too much. I walk da fine line between light...an' dark." As he said this, the shadows once again began their dance around his being; this time, however, they were literally drawn into physical manifestation, forming a distorted cloak around the troll. Blotches of black and purple intermingled and undulated over his body, with faint wisps rising off his flesh before fading into the nether. His voice changed as well, a gravelly tone woven into his usual impassive speech.

"Ya stand before da Unstable One, as other Grim are known ta call me at times... an' mah mastery ovah da darkness an' light is nearly unparalleled." Tuskinar sat up a little in his chair, peeling his gaze away from the death knight and back to the ham - retrieving another slice so he could toss it to the ceiling and watch it stick. The shadows encasing his form slunk away in that instance, retreating back to the corners of the room and within from whence they came. "Sit. Ya got questions for me? Mebbe I answer dems... mebbe not."
Rallaster
Lost

Re: Rallaster's request...

Unread post by Rallaster »

Rallaster gives a few nods as he listens to Tuskinar speak. His blue eyes are locked on to him. His hand slowly sways back letting his minion know hes alright to leave him. The minion does as he's told and takes a step outside the main door of the tavern. As he stands outside the main door he paces back and forth a few times on edge awaiting the next command...

Rallaster then takes a seat at the table with the priest. "You are unstable?" As his eyes shift from the troll to the ham then back to him. "Tuskinar I have heard a few members of the Grim talk about you." He lets off a small "hmm" afterwards as he lets the thoughts run through his mind.

His eyes focus back on task. Watching Tuskinar closely he begins to speak "You know we have a war at bay. You and I will be fighting along each other side. So its important that I understand where you come from." As his hands firm up into a small fist on the table. "So please tell me about your experience with the light and the darkness. "I want to understand where you come from in your path of this so called "light"" as he speaks the word light he adds in some sarcasm to his word. "Like you I used to call down upon the powers of healing. However it used to be of nature. Before the 3rd war I was welding one big hammer and using the elements around me." as his mind goes back to his Shaman days for a quick moment. A picture of him self with his old 2 handed mace. A smile escapes his lips for a moment as he snaps back into reality "Now the ones who use the elements use these small hammers..How times have changed" Letting off a small "heh".

As he looks over one final time to Tuskinar. "Otherwise I wish to learn more about the Grim as well. I understand that you have been here a while?" fishing for some more basic information. Knowing he would fight along their side he did after all need to make sure that they are in fact here for the same reasons.