Feorn's Trial of Sacrifice

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Feorn
Lost

Feorn's Trial of Sacrifice

Unread post by Feorn »

Several days before Khadgar led the forces of Azeroth into the dark portal for a second time, a few mercenaries gathered on the shore of Westfall.

“I'm a little apprehensive about this operation, boss.” Ofren, a young elf wearing a stupid looking hat spoke as he loaded a dinghy with sacks. “It's an insane plan, and my eyes itch from this stupid potion.” He rubbed his eyes as he spoke. They glowed a pale blue.

“Stop rubbing them.” the boss replied as she buckled a tall pandaren woman's plate armour. “I've known our client for years, he's pulled off more than his fair share of dangerous jobs, this will be child's play.”

The pandaren woman pounded her plate gauntlets together and said, “Besides, that potion is going to keep you safer than any of us. You won't be charging through the streets of Stormwind to tackle a nobleman.” She jumped and stretched testing the fit of her plate, “Fits good, Wien. Tighten the right pauldron a little bit. He's kinda cute with blue eyes, don't you think?”

“I don't think so.”, she spoke as she tightened the straps, “Alright Tinq, do me now.” As the pandaren moved to pick up a small breatplate, Wien cocked her head. A cough rang out from behind a nearby bush.

“Phrasing!” rang out from the bush as it rustled. A staff was thrown out, followed by two large bundles of papers.

“Oh, light...” Wien said as she watched a figure emerge from the bush. “Feorn, how long have you been in there?”

“That's a very good question! But, we have more important things to do than sit here and chat. I only count three of you, the plan needs a druid, and stupid hat guy clearly isn't a druid.” Feorn rambled quickly as he kicked his staff towards the rowboat. He pointed at the two bundles of paper and motioned to the young elf. Ofren sighed and went to pick them up.

Wien looked about and replied, “Right, about that...”.

A few hours later, well after dark, as the rowboat approached Stormwind, Feorn started speaking, “Right, so without the druid, you're going to have to watch the boat Wien. You and I will need it to get away. Nothing'll change for you two.”. Feorn gestured at the two rowing.

“About our portion of the plan...” Ofren shakily started to ask as he rowed the dinghy, “it seems like Tinq and I are doing the majority of the actual stealing, what exactly is your role in this operation?”

“I'm uh, distracting the city guard. I've got a bunch of posters that should do the trick.” Feorn gestured at the now wrapped bundles at the bottom of the boat.

The other rower, the large pandaren woman cleared her throat and whispered, “Hate to interrupt, but we all need to shut up. Voices carry over water and we're getting close.”

Quickly and quietly, the four of them landed the boat and began to prepare themselves. One by one, they set out to perform their tasks for the night.

The next day the five mercenaries sat in the Salty Sailor. Feorn and Wien sat aside from the rest.

“You didn't have to lie to Ofren, he's trustworthy and you owe him for tarnishing his name.”, Wien said to Feorn, before taking a swig from he tankard.

“He's a priest, and a mercenary, his name was already tarnished before I stole it, and neither of those things are particularly trustworthy.” Feorn poked at the food in front of him.

“You're both of those things.” Wien retorted, smiling. “Is your new organization going to have any work for us? Judging by what you paid, your membership has paid off.”

“You never know, I'll see what I can do for you.” Feorn said as he got up, “I've got to go write a report.”

“A report? You've changed, Feorn.” She said, leaning back in her chair.

“If you say so, I owe you one Wien.” Feorn left.
Inquisitor,

I've performed the task you gave me. Five hundred posters have been placed throughout the city of Stormwind. If you'd like a detailed account of how it was accomplished I can regale you with the quite boring tale. You'll be pleased to know that four Stormwind guardsmen and a minor noble were dispatched in the process of placing the posters.

Peace Through Annihilation,

Feorn Starcaller
Atticus

Re: Feorn's Trial of Sacrifice

Unread post by Atticus »

Feorn,

You came to the Grim to hide from your enemies.

No Grim shall fear any alliance.

So now you have exposed your name, face, associates and general whereabouts to them. If they chose to pursue you, they will have to face the full might of the Grim.

You are one of us.

You may accept your promotion immediately, or at the next guild meeting. The choice be yours.

- Atticus
Lilliana

Re: Feorn's Trial of Sacrifice

Unread post by Lilliana »

((ha ha ha!))