Letters home

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Chaindog
Lost

Letters home

Unread post by Chaindog »

// Written by Aelathavel

Dearest Matron Battlewail,

I've been deployed to the Borean Tundra. It's been a blast fighting for the Horde! Slaying and defending in the name of the Horde. I haven't had much reason to write home until now. Something different happened today. Something... something.

I was tasked with freeing some workers in the mines just outside the hold. Killing bugs was no problem. I then ran up to one of the trapped workers. The first one in fact that I got to. I started cutting the webbing away but instead of a worker, I found someone else. Her skin was like porcelain. Her skin glistened. Her dress was low cut. It covered the important parts, but still. It was like time stopped. It heaved with breath. I am sure it was just secnods, but it felt like hours as I watched her chest raise and fall. At first I thought she was just having trouble breathing, but when I looked up into her eyes, she was furious. I don't know if she was just angry for the bugs getting her or that I stared at her chest. I saw fire in her eyes. Like seething fire. Is that even possible?

It was then that I noticed my other hand was on her chest where it shouldn't have been. I was just trying to the webbing off of her. I thought the worker was supposed to be a guy! She exploded on me! Called me all kinds of low-life names. I apologized so many times, but she didn't care. I even tried to explain that I was raised by you, and that you taught us to behave and be proper.

I lost my temper and called her an ungrateful princess. But before we could continue we got attacked by some bugs. I took my own fury out on them. I hacked them to pieces. I only made it worse. When I turned back to her she was covered in bug guts and gore along with the webbing. Her eyes should have melted me. I barely got out the word sorry before she cast a spell and teleported away.

That was two days before I wrote this letter. I shouldn't have cared, but I can't get her out of my head. I don't even know her name! My feelings are different here. This isn't like when I fuck around with women. They know and I know there are no emotions involved. This is war! You never know when you're going to die.

Damn it! This is different. I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I feel like I want to track her down and beg forgiveness. Or is it that I just want to see her again? What do I do? Please tell me what I should I do?

One of your kids,

Aelathavel
Last edited by Chaindog on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaindog
Lost

Re: Letters home

// Written by Tsa

Dearest Mother,

Please don't let father read this letter.

I failed at father's first rule today. He would be so furious. The one where he says, "There is always someone better than you. If you can live with that humbling bit of knowledge you just might live a long life." That one. As you can see I am writing this letter so I am ok. Well, physically anyway.

The bug got me and had me all wrapped up in webbing. I was sure I was going to die. After a while I thought it was coming back to eat me, but instead I was freed by a male elf. He wasn't looking me in the eyes, he was just looking at my chest. You know how the males are of our species. Using the wrong head. His hand was someplace it shouldn't have been. I was so angry! When we made eye contact I started calling him all kinds of names. How dare he touch me there when I am most vulnerable!

But then he did something I've never seen before. He stepped back and apologized. Many times in fact. I was stunned. I didn't know what to do. But before I could say anything else he yelled at me. Called me an ungrateful princess. We got attacked by more bugs. He turned his anger on them. I've never seen such fury before. The bugs were destroyed. It was... exhilarating to see. I even got some of it on me. As if I wasn't dirty enough, I now stunk like dead bug.

I got angry again for him yelling at me. I started to port out when he turned. The fury on his face suddenly disappeared when he saw me, and he said sorry once again. I wanted to stop, but the spell was finished and I was gone.

Father always said, "Watch them boys, no matter the species, they all want only one thing. But beware the one that respects you. He will be the most dangerous as he will want your heart." It's all that I think of.

Should I find him? Should I go back and see him again? He seemed so righteous. Is that a good thing or not? Should I just go on with my life?

Your humbled, and still alive daughter,

Tsa
Chaindog
Lost

// Written by Tsa

Dear Mother,

I have more news. I found him! I volunteered for a mission. I know it's beneath me, but I couldn't find him otherwise. I figured since he's a true knight I'd knew he'd be volunteering. It's just that I'm confused now.

Mission volunteering is over and above the usual missions we get. I knew he was in Northrend, but I had no idea where. I checked in in Dalaran and was told there were several volunteer missions being assigned out on the tundra so I went there. I arrived a little early I guess as there weren't that many people there.

It would seem a lot of the horde gather for the these missions as when the time neared for the meeting to start there were a lot of people gathered. I was beginning to think I made a mistake in volunteering when he walked in the door. He was all cleaned up and looking rather valiant. I froze. I didn't know if I should just go up to him, or wave or just sit there quietly. I didn't really think that far ahead.

It seems I didn't have to as a female troll stood up and walked to him. She hugged him! I couldn't believe it! Then she grabed his ass! There was general laughter in the room. She then turned his face slightly and looked at the scar on his chin and said, "Ju elvies, ju don't just heal well. Ju can heal jurself, why not?"

"Maybe I want to keep your bite mark? Maybe it will remind me not to be so wreckless." he said. The room roared with laughter. I must have blushed so badly. I couldn't believe it! He slept with a troll! That's disgusting! But then how is he a paladin? Doesn't the light forbid that kind of thing? Maybe I don't know much about the light as I thought? I don't think he saw me when he entered the room.

It was then I noticed they both wore the same the tabard. Why didn't I see that before? Probably because I was seething mad at him. I took a sharp breath as I realized he was Grim. I thought they were the worst of the worst? Child murderers and the like? Maybe I was making mistake in coming here.

I decided to maybe just sit and hopefully not get picked.

The orc general walked in and then yelled for us all to shut up. I thought wow that was rude. But then you have to realize the horde are uneducated brutes. Then the meeting started. It was rather organized. I figured it was be a mess but the colonels went first and so on down the line. Then he called, "Lt Aelathavel." and he stood up and walked to the centre. Finally I had a name, but then why would want someone who's slept with Trolls?

The general said, "Prisoner exchange, we're short handed, pick two others to go with you." Aelathavel turned immediately to the troll and said, "Jubi, you're with me." He turned to the crowd of those that were left and that's when he saw me. He just stood there for a moment. I figured he would move on, but then he pointed right at me and said, "I'll take her." I couldn't tell from how he said 'her', what he meant. Why would he pick me if he's sleeping with her? Did I make a mistake in thinking he was more than some typical male elf?

The general then said, "Lt, I want you to take this bag of bones with you." Bag of bones refers to undead. He also said "Don't lose her. Her last commander lost her and it took ten years to find her." Aelathavel nodded. "Her name is Wiltedflower."

The general then barks, "Beat it kids, you got work to do." We left and road out with the alliance prisoners. I wrote this letter along the way. If I see a mailbox I'll post this to you. I'll write more later.

You're confused daughter,

Tsa
Chaindog
Lost

// Written by Wiltedflower

Dear Aelathavel

By now you've figured out that I am bat shit fucked up crazy and always asking for my marbles. She's refering to me. The part her separated within her own head. Most days she'll just scribble mindlessly on paper and shove it in the mailbox. Sometimes though, I am strong enough to tell her what to write, so if you get this letter, please please please open her backpack and read the other letters I wrote. She has all the ones I wrote. She doesn't open them, just puts them in her/my pack.

Damn it, I'm losing control again. When I died of the plague, my mind couldn't take it and it broke. Please read them!

Wiltedflower
Chaindog
Lost

// Written by Aelathavel

Dearest Matron Battlewail,

Well, it's been an interesting last couple of days. It seems she found me. Yes, you know who and her name is Tsa. She's some heiress to the one of the richest elves in all of Silvermoon. When your family is in the 'dead' business, Arthas made them really rich with all the dead bodies laying around when he left. I'm just an orphan, so I don't know how to take that right now.

She volunteered for a mission. And here's where I screwed up again. I should have scanned the room first when I went in, otherwise I wouldn't have let Jubi do what she did. You remember Jubi right? My fuck buddy. I got rough with her the other day to vent my frustrations about Tsa. Don't make that face. You know what one I am talking about. Jubi likes it that way. In fact she often asks for it. I just find it difficult to be that way when having sex.

So when it was my turn to pick a team I picked Jubi and her. The general also gave me a bag of bones to look after. She's really nuts. Keeps asking for her marbles. She even wrote me a letter that I got in the mail. I've yet to read her other letters, but I've asked the general to make the team permanent. Oh yeah, I should mention I made Captain with the success of my last mission so I can make a permanent team now. Not sure how Tsa is taking it, but we'll see.

It seems Tsa got a hard lesson on the phrase 'Prisoner exchange.' She did ok on it once she got her head around the fight once it started. See the Grim don't do prisoner exchanges. We show up all nice and pretty like, fake the exchange to get our comrades back and then unleash hell. Speaking of that, Wiltedflower may be nuts, but damn can she kill. I almost felt sorry for their unarmed people we 'gave' back. Wiltedflower took them out first. That's why the general picks me for that. I get our comrades back and the alliance get nothing back.

I have some downtime coming and I'm going to use to see about Tsa and getting her more team oriented. And not in that way either. Like I wrote before. This is different.

One of your kids,

Aelathavel
Chaindog
Lost

// Written by Jubi

Hey Chaindog,

Ju know Aelathavel right? Da one ju told me to go after for some fun right? Well it been great da last couple of months, but now someting be different. He changed. Me liked da he was so stable right? Like da unmovable boulder in da maelstrom. Now he not so much.

Me likes it rough. Him not so much. Me often as to push for it. Bout a week ago we walks inta my room and slams da door shut behind im. Me saw da look in his eyes. He held me up against da wall. We was face to face. Me kinda lost it and bit him. Hard on da jaw. Pretty sure me hit bone. He threw me against da other wall and me fell to da bed. Me desk was in his way. He walked straight at me. He pitched da desk over sideways like it was nothing.

Anyway, witout too much detail, it was da best eva! It was also da last time too. An dat worries me. Couple of days later me found out why. See some elf girlie has his heart. He don't know it, but she has it. Me tinks she doesn't know it either. He lost in da maelstrom now. Me watchin his back, but dis is messed up. He not touching any other woman now. Me even offered dat threesome an he said no.

He made er a part of da team now. See Aelathavel be Captain now. Is painfully awkward to see em talk to eachodder. Da last mission seemed ok, but me Captain, he not so focused like before.

Me not knowing what ta do now. Advice please?

Jubi