Sacrifice Of Pride- Akorharil's Third Trial

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Aureilya
Lost

Sacrifice Of Pride- Akorharil's Third Trial

Unread post by Aureilya »

*On the evening before the expected promotion of several Supplicants, a note was pinned to the board in the guild hall.*

Supplicant Akhoharil,

The time for your final trial is now upon us. You have insisted that you already serve The Grim, and thus you have nothing substantial to offer for your Trial Of Sacrifice. Having given it some thought, I offer you two options. You may pick either, but in order to be promoted tomorrow night, you must make your decision and act upon it before then. You have less than twenty four hours. Here is the choice I place before you.

Your first option is to banish your minion Azraelethalis for one months time, effective tomorrow evening. You may, of course, find a different demon to bend to your will in the interim. Little would please me more than to see him banished permanently, but I am willing to be reasonable and limit this to only a month.

Should you not wish to do that, I have one other option for you. It has not gone unnoticed by me how you have allowed your demon to take advantage of his day of servitude within the guild hall to cause quite a bit of torment and disruption to certain members of our guild.. as I am sure Sunderpalm and Khorvis would attest to. To make amends for that, you will assist Khorvis Bloodstar at Bloodstar Brewery in whatever capacity he see's fit, for one months time.

Your promotion will still take place tomorrow evening, providing you agree to either of these Sacrifices.

You have until the ceremony tomorrow night to decide.

-High Inquisitor Aureliya Raindawn
Akorharil
Lost

Re: Sacrifice Of Pride- Akorharil's Third Trial

Unread post by Akorharil »

Mistress Aureliya Raindawn,

It troubles me greatly that you are somehow not pleased with my servant Azraelthalas and the flawless execution of his tasks as assigned by our intrepid compatriots. The blame for the 'torment' and 'disruption' that you speak of lies squarely upon the shoulders of those among us who felt it necessary to bid my servant to torment and disrupt. It is not the place of a mere supplicant to question the bidding of his Inquisitor, and I am sure that you will agree that I cannot in any way be considered responsible for the ensuing tomfoolery when my superiors bid me to release an agent of Baator into the hands of such children. I am, as always, naught but your humble servant, my lady.

As per your wishes, I will instruct Azraelthalas that he is to obey the wishes of Khorvis Bloodstar in situations limited to the upkeep and daily operation of Bloodstar Brewery as were they my own. I can only hope, madam, that Sergeant Bloodstar is capable of instructing his new charge more responsibly than his peers.

-Akorharil

P.S. -- You will find a bottle of Silvermoon Noir '73 upon your desk. Please enjoy it with my blessings.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Sacrifice Of Pride- Akorharil's Third Trial

Unread post by Aureilya »

Supplicant,

Perhaps you misunderstood my last note. My instructions were for you, specifically, to assist in the Bloodstar Brewery. Not your demon. However, you may task him with the more menial duties, providing you are there to oversee him. This task is your own, as you are the one seeking promotion within our ranks.

You will find the bottle of wine returned, as I have lost my taste for Silvermoon Noir.

-High Inquisitor Aureliya Raindawn