Serving The Grim- Akorharil's Second Task

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Aureilya
Lost

Serving The Grim- Akorharil's Second Task

Unread post by Aureilya »

A letter is posted in the guild hall, for all to see..

Grim,

The Supplicant Akorharil will prove completion of his second task by enforcing better control over his demon. Today, his servant Azralthalas will be available here in the guild hall for the entire day to do the bidding of whoever requires him. Make good use of him.

-High Inquisitor Aureliya Raindawn
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Serving The Grim- Akorharil's Second Task

Unread post by Syreenna »

Syreena's To Do List for Az:

Wash the windows
Sweep the floors
Clean the cobwebs off the ceiling
Chop and stack some firewood
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Akorharil
Lost

Unread post by Akorharil »

"It is my great privilege, madam, to share in your exquisite company a second time."

Azraelthalas dipped his slender form into an exaggerated, condescending bow that nearly parted the carpeting of the antechamber of the Hall of the Grim, his demonic red eyes burning brightly behind his dark-tinted glasses.

"You are just as lovely as I remembered. I trust that you have slept well in the recent weeks?" He bared his needle sharp teeth in the imitation of a warm smile. "Your shoulder has also healed quite nicely. An unfortunate accident, that."

The Inquisitor glared across her desk at the fiend.

"I suffer your company grudgingly, demon." She practically spit the words. "Do you understand your instructions or not?"

The Falxugon doffed his hat and bowed low a second time.

"Crystal clear, m'lady. I am the humble servant of the Grim."
Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

A note posted near the notice

Fanyare's request of Azraelthalas

Give the pandaren Sunderpalm a bath.
Akorharil
Lost

Azraelthalas had served the Nine Hells for centuries beyond remembrance. In that time, he had corrupted the souls of countless mortals -- beggars and kings had bargained away their immortal souls for naught but the transitory and the meaningless. Coin. Flesh. Revenge. He had provided them all. He had sent thousand to feed the furnaces of Avernus, and had been promoted accordingly. He had strode the burning halls of Phlegethos, held court with Mephistopheles in frozen Cania, and faced the demonic legions of Pazunia at Lord Bel's side.

And now, Azraelthalas the Damned, Falxugon of the One hundred and thirty fourth order and scourge of Azeroth, was scrubbing windows with a dirty rag and trying his best to ignore the constant banter of the troll beside him.

"Missed a spot, mon." Said the smug, snagle-tusked bastard. "In fact, I tink yer makin' more of a mess than ya helpin'. Dey even got windows where ya from? Would explain why ya aint even usin' a clean rag."

Azraelthalas sighed. Sometimes eternal damnation wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

"These are the supplies I was bid to use by Lady Syreena, Tuskinar. She commands, and I obey. I am the obedient servant of the Grim and beholden to their whims." He sighed again. "And their whims are apparently limited to scrubbing windows with soiled rags."

Tuskinar chuckled to himself in amusement.

"Ha! Ol' Syreena's got 'erself a pet demon, an' she got 'im pullin' cobwebs an' wipin' windows. All in 'is purdy liddle pinstripes, ta boot. Dat biscut be a harsh taskmaster, mon. Still. Betta you dan me."

Azraelthalas smiled his needled grin. His fangs glistened ivory in the dull candlelight of the hall.

"Indeed she is, my fine-tusked friend, but I am her grateful servant." His red eyes blazed softly. "Her servant, and yours, Troll. It is not often that one has the bidding of an immortal emissary of the underworld. It would be a shame to waste such an intriguing opportunity, don't you agree?"

The troll shook his head in amused disbelief.

"Uh...break a window?"

The fiend raised a black lacquered finger and leveled it causally at a door on the far side of the Guildhall. "By your command, sir."

The window on the door exploded into a fine powder before the troll could draw a second breath. A placard, reading Anaie the Insane, tumbled to the floor with a dull thump.

"WHAT IN THA BLUE BLOODY 'ELLS IS GOIN' ON OUT DERE?

Azraelthalas smiled as the troll beat a hasty retreat through the nearest door.

"Perhaps this will be more amusing that I had initially thought..."
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

Sunderpalm walks in the guild hall, cask in hand as always. Strolling up to the board, he takes a long drink, brew running over and dripping down his neck and into his tabard. His tabard and the top of his robes were regularly brew-stained and pungent. Lowering his cask he licks up and remnants on his face as he reads the new posting in the board. He smiled a about to see Akorharil going through his second trial in a unique manner. Reading further down to Syreena's note, and his eyes widened at Fanyare's note.

Sunderpalm panicked.

Sunderpalm frantically runs down the hallways. Crashing and bangs and boxes come from the supply room. He returns with trip that ended in a graceful roll with a brush in hand and an inkpot. Quickly uncorking the inkpot he dips the brush and blots out his name and replaces it.

" HAH, Give the pandaren Daisha a bath."

He picked up his dropped cask, and stuffed the evidence in his robe on the way out of the hall.
Akorharil
Lost

The Pandaren, congratulating himself on his subterfuge, made his way to the Hall's entrance door and firmly pushed. He was met with solid resistance. They were locked and secured.

"The machinations of Baator are not so easily thwarted, Pandaren."

The voice hit Sunder's ear like nails on a chalkboard, causing him to involuntarily cringe as he quickly spun on his heels and dropped into the Drunken Hozen fighting stance. The voice had come from not a dozen paces away. He scanned the far corners of the Guildhall, his eyes furtively searching for any cover that an intruder might have been able to conceal himself behind.

"You are a fool, Monk. I am Baatezu. I am evil incarnate. I am without remorse and without mercy. You can no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow. Only the ignorance of just how far in over your head you are allows you to draw breath."

The creak of a door slowly opening upon its unoiled hinges sent Sunderpalm spinning on his heels for a second time. He caught a hint of movement in the darkness beyond, and instinctively set his ink-stained brush buzzing through the air towards his unseen target. It embedded itself in the far wall, still vibrating furiously from the force of his throw.

"Show yourself, coward!" The monk bellowed, desperately hoping that he didn't sound as terrified as he felt. He could see the hazy lines of steaming water wafting through the air from a large wooden tub of soapy water beyond the threshold of the door.

"There is no escape, mortal! Bid farewell to your lager-stained tunic and stench of week-old ale while you still can!"

Sunderpalm's knees buckled from underneath him as he was struck a heavy blow from behind, sending the large Pandaren flat on his stomach. An unseen force was dragging him inexorably towards his soapy doom.

The Monk let out a horrified scream. "Nooooooo! No Baths! Please!" He dug his paws into the wooden floor in a useless bid to anchor himself against his unseen assailant, but could find no purchase. In an instant the force had dragged him across the room and into his steaming, soapy tomb.

"Nooooooo!!"

With an echo of demonic laughter, the doors slammed shut, and the pandaren monk's terrified screams were mercifully silenced.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

(I am officially DYING with laughter!!!)
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

(Bravo. You knocked that one outta the park.)

(Also: did anyone else read the demon's parts in a demonic voice? My mind just picked out Diablo's voice as I was reading, lol)
Paxristos

Unread post by Paxristos »

Justyr was beside himself. He could not believe the damned demon had convinced him, a HOLY Paladin, to help him in what was almost certainly a twisted plan riddled with half-truths and clever turns of phrase.

"Quit that stupid maniacal laugh or you'll go in the tub with the Panda!" Justyr shouted as he scrubbed behind Sunderpalm's ears.

A gargled "NOOOOOOOOO!" came from the tub, "I HATE it!"

"Calm DOWN!" Justyr yelled back, "the sooner you stop resisting, the sooner you can black out this memory forever. In fact, I may join you."

A cork popped and a bottle appeared from beneath the soapy water and into Sunder's mouth like a baby's bottle.

"I don't even want to know where you keep that." Justyr said astounded, having moved from the Pandaren's ears to his back with a long scrubbing brush.

Azraelthalas stood in the corner grinning. Justyr looked up and shouted, "Are you going to stand there or are you going to help me?!"
Paxristos, Pepetlaca
Akorharil
Lost

The handsome elven Paladin had entered the Guildhall shortly after Sunderpalm had left to fetch his forging supplies. He watched from the door in mild curiosity as the giggling Pandaren carefully doctored Fanyare's note.

"Look at the wretch," whispered a dark voice into his ear. "Look on as your comrade dishonors his rightful commanders by betraying their will. Look on as he sends another to take his rightful place. He is wretched. The light of truth shrinks before his foul, drunken presence."

Azraelthalas sidled closer to the Paladin from the shadows, his unholy gaze blazing with intensity.

"It is your duty, Paladin, to minister to your flock. He defiles his body with his gluttony and clouds his mind with his drink. Will you shrink before your vows? Will you allow your friend to willingly walk the path of damnation?"

The Baatezu smiled, his serpentine tail swaying hypnotically.

"We can save him, Justyr. We can save him from himself..."
Paxristos

Unread post by Paxristos »

Justyr broke his tranced gaze at Azraelthalas. "You can't trick me demon, the Light makes my will stronger than yours. My affinity came from V'eru, a Naaru of the one hundred and thirty-FIFTH order... or thirty-third... which is better?"

Azraelthalas opened his mouth to a grin, about to speak, showing his meticulously -- and incredibly creepy -- filed teeth.

But Justyr cut him off before he could speak. "It doesn't matter. Although you appear to have the greatest privation of the Light I have ever encounter, I understand your motives to be mostly pure. THIS time at least. Besides, you speak a true observation, this Pandaren is clearly destined for the corruption of the Sha of Drunkenness if not complete damnation."

Justyr took his cues as the demon wittily frightened the poor drunk oaf. The blood elf then successfully dragged Sunderpalm into the tub.

"If you're not going to help me, then at least get back to finishing your tasks. Don't you have some wood to chop, little demon?"

Justyr turned back to Sunderpalm. "Alright big guy, repeat after me.... Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...."
Paxristos, Pepetlaca
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

The door to the guildhall eased open, and Shaelie sauntered in. The dark haired Sin'dorei had a satchel slung over one shoulder which she dropped onto a nearby table as she paused to glance around. Her nose crinkled up and she furrowed a brow in confusion. "What's all that yelling? And.. why does it smell like beer and wet fur, in here?"
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Daisha had heard about Sunderpalm's little trick, and she figured she had to see it for herself. She frowned, reading the list of chores for the demon, pausing when she saw where he had tried to throw her into the tub, so to speak. She shook her head, tsking at the poor attempt to get at her.

"Of all the sneaky things... I actually like bathing."

She tilted her head, green eyes half closing as though she were listening to someone whispering to her, ears twitching to hear the voice better. The shadows were giving her ideas again, and she giggled as she dug through her pack for something to write with, dropping into her Shadowform to skitter out of sight.

Help Khorvis look pretty.
Akorharil
Lost

Sunderpalm tossed and turned fitfully in his bunk. It had been several days since his terrifying bout of forced hygiene, but the covers of his bedroll still didn't smell right. Gone were the comforting aromas of hops and barley and yeast. His nose twitched in disgust. Lilacs. The elven Paladin had dumped an entire bottle of perfumed lilac oil into his bathwater, and the sweet scent had stuck to his fur despite his every attempt to remove it. Not even his secret stash of 240 Proof Galywix Reserve and Furniture Polish had helped.

"They laugh behind your back, Pandaren" whispered a dark, seductive voice into his ear. "They see you as a drunken fop. A disgusting and ridiculous glutton. An object of pity."

The Pandaren Monk whimpered softly in his sleep. "Not fair....not fair....ZZzzzzZZZ...."

A slender hand with pointed, black lacquered fingernails reached from the darkness to gently stroke the Pandaren fuzzy ear.

"Shhhh, child....no...it is not fair. You have suffered much, and yet your 'friends' find amusement in your pain. They don't know what it was like, do they? No idea at all..."

Two pinpoints of dull red light appeared in the darkness of the bunkhouse, illuminating a grinning mouth filled with pointed, ivory teeth.

"They don't respect you. No my child, not at all, not at all."

The demonic grin widened.

"But you can show them, can't you? You do not need to inspire deeds of greatness, my poor, innocent friend. No, no, you do not...."

The glowing red eyes angled slightly to fall squarely upon the bunk of Khorvis Bloodstar.

"No...all you need to do is show them that there is one among them even more ridiculous than yourself..."

The Baatezu pressed a tube of ruby-red lipstick into the Pandaren's twitching hand.

"Have your revenge, my friend...."