A Natural Science Compendium

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Mharren

A Natural Science Compendium

Unread post by Mharren »

Prof. Mharren Sil'Anion
Now that I have decided to step out of the laboratory and spend more time on my training in the Arcana I am pleased to say that I have been accepted to walk this path amongst others and not merely on my own. I met with The High Inquisitor of The Grim several days ago. I found her to be efficient, tactful and a splended exmaple of one whom can intimidate and manipulate. I will be delighted if my brief assessment of Acherontia is correct.

It is curious that such an enlightened organization should be in existence and that more do not follow thier lead. Peace through annhilation; I can think of nothing more simple and logical. If peace is what we desire, or at least an absence of war, then the quckest and most efficient path to acquiring such a state should be far more obvious than it seems to be. The general populace still seems content to occupy their false morals with fondling their enemies in peace-talks and negotiations. It's much easier just to eradicate that which you do not wish to be troubled with. Is this not what we do with disease? I have never had peace-talks with an ailement before and if I did it would be just to deem me unbalanced and deviant.

The general populace is unbalanced and deviant.
Last edited by Mharren on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mharren

Re: A Natural Science Compendium

Unread post by Mharren »

Work remains at a steady and busy pace. I find this activity of leaving the laboratory and taking to the realms outland to be rather refreshing. I find it to be much like going for a brisk walk after the Breath-Plague has passed and the phlegm has evacuated. Though I must say, my gear is very rudimentary and insufficient for the tasks ahead.  It seems that if I am to supplant myself from my throne amongst the glassware I must make haste to find better fittings.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

So far I have found little to replace the ornamental fittings I have. There are several dark and dangerous chambers to be found in Outland and I have had the opperatunity to venture into them...but alas, it seems the creatures of Outland prefer plate and mail yo cloth.

I was needed in Azeroth these past few days to work in the laboratory. The documentation of anatomy is a fine art and one that is often difficult to teach to an aspring student. It seems some of the junior academics have had difficulty not only navigating their way through the cadavers but also deciding how best to affix and display them.

Curing flesh and sinew so that it might not slip off the bone is no mere task. To freeze time at that wonderfully soft and yet vibrant time just after all that gave life to the body has left, is an act so sacred and pristine it could be said to be spiritual. My hands tremble when I recall the first cadaver I set in place. I hope to convey an understanding of such delights to those that come to study the temples we dwell in while upon this world.

I killed a young human man in Outland the other day. He came at me with bestial vigor and with lust in his eyes. It didn't matter that he was easy to kill. What mattered was that moment when the flames enveloped him and the grease beneath his skin began to boil and the hair upon his head ignited into a halo of flame. The look he cast towards me then is one I could never convey from my mind's eye to a description upon parchment.

But it is one I wish to see again.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

There was a collection of men gathered in Grommash Hold this evening. Just as I entered I met face to face with members of The Grim. It seems the meeting, held by one 'Vilmah', was not very pleasing. I caught little of what was said and the meeting was concluded with haste when an Alliance assassin appeared. I recognized him. That white-haired Kaldorei that speaks our language with a heathen tongue.

If only there was a way to kill them all in one great strike.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I met with Magister Amberlight this evening. We met in the Scryers Tier above the library. I had not actually ever been up there and I had some difficulty finding it. It was as nice as could be expected up there.

The Dreadweaver - I believe thats what he was - had many questions for me. What do you study? What do you think of the Naru? The Grim? The practice of soul-stealing? Did I believe in Love? The heart? What did I love? Insightful questions I suppose, perhaps they are typical of a newly acquired Minion. It was a lengthy conversation and Perhaps I touched on some topics he would rather have had me leave siilent.

I believe I am impressed thus far with The Grim. I think I would be quite content here. Magister Amberlight had seemed rather interested in my ambitions and my interests. As I explained they are rather simple. Or at least they seem simple at first examination. How simple are the things I strive for? Perhaps they aren't. Perhaps my goals, like the slogan of The Grim, is also fabricated from some morbid sense of jest.

Like many things, the future remains to be seen. I can draw no conclusions without evidence. I can confirm no hypotheses without tests. I will wait and observe. The final report will be formed upon my last breath.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I was sitting on the balcony this morning, watching the sun rise from that place on the horizon where it becomes more than just light, but an atmospheric heat source. I was thinking about how pleasurable the sensation of the suns fresh heat upon my hair felt and wondering why the dilation of blood vessel was such an agreeable thing, when a rather rotund pidgeon dropped stone-cold from the sky into one of my decorative flower pots.

I stared at it for a moment and guffawed. "Really?" I thought.

I got up and bent over the plant pot to examine the carcass, to ensure it was indeed dead. "Deader than a door nail, aren't we?" I muttered as I gave it an exploratory jab.

I suppose I could have disposed of it with the rest of the contents of my dust bin, but Domina in the flat next door has been ill and complaining that the nourishing meals her mother stops by to bring her are not delicate enough for her palate. Delicate? I should think said palate has been rammed against by other sweet meats often enough that it is s as durable as an armoured field mole.

"Oh Mharren, Den'ethinus was such a wonderful cook, surely you yourself learned to prepare a meal more fitting to my tastes?" She had said over tea in an afternoon past.

"Oh yes, of course. He taught me many things and the art of food was one of them." I had agreed politely, speaking of my professor, watching the distraught self-proclaimed princess fan herself at the kitchen table.

"Cook for me sometime Mharren. Please?" Somehow it have been both a command and a plea. I had agreed to prepare something 'one of these days'.

What better day than today? The meat had been delivered from powers on high (So to speak). I plucked the pidgeon and carved the bits I wanted for my feast, running the gibblets through the grinder. The meat was easily fashioned into a nice patte with a delicate sprig of mint crowning it's glory.

I sat with Miss. Domina while she took gentle, feeble bites of the exquisite meal. She was quite grateful to have a fit meal bestowed upon her and praised my cullinary skill.  I sipped my beverage with contentment as she showered me with the kind of dramatic praise one could expect from such a piece.

I write my entry for today on the same balcony where Domina's dinner was delivered and wonder if I remembered to remove the undigested remains of the bird's own dinner found within its gullet before I ground it into one mass and fed it to the noble lady next door.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I've been going through Den'ethinus's things lately, cleaning out the vault where is mortal possessions were placed after his death. When he died I took many things from his home and brought them into mine, most of it was mine as much as it was his, for we had been together for quite some time.

When he passed though, I was left as the administrator of his estate. Some of his typical things when to his daughters, other things to his Academia aquaintances. There was much in remain that had not been given a predetermined destination and when I had allowed his three daughters into the vacant home to evaluate their interest in his things...they wanted nothing more than what they had already taken.

With something like disgust they told me to get rid of his personal things, his art work, his scientific journals. They wanted nothing of what their father spent his live working on.

I had not room in my residence for the plethora of curiosities Den'ethenis owned and I had it placed under lock and key with the Silvermoon Trust. Only now have I made time to go through these cabinets and trunks and truely appraise what contents are found within.

In catalouginh Den'ethinus's belongings and collections I have had ample opperatunity to read tomes of investigation long shut. I was drawn to an old tome that I remember having always been placed upon the small table near the anaotmy section of his library. It was a collectiong of 'Minprints', or so he dubbed them. 'Minprint', silly, but he was fond of conjuring his own terms for things.

A Minprint was something he had been experimenting with for a long time. Den'ethinus had a great taste and fondness of dark art and the macbre, but little ability to illustrate with his own hand. Sometimes we would lay on the floor of the bedroom and listen to vast landscapes of musical beauty or repulsion while he would verbally illustrate the images and various phantasmogria his mind eye was ticket to.

He wished passionately to be able to take a 'picture' of one's mind's eye in any instant of existance and imprint it upon something tangible like parchment.

I never learned how he did it to the extenet that he himself could. It took him decades to develope the theory and even longer to implement the function of creating and transcribing a tangible 'Minprint'.

As I flipped through the pages I was stopped abruptly by a Minprint of mine that he had taken many, many years ago. I remember the smell of cinder's and a sweet, light smoke from the burned image in the frech parchment. I remembered looking down at said Minprint and feeling...'dilated'. I can think of no better term even today than to explain the unqiue and not wholly pleasent sensation of looking with your body's eyes at what your mind see's.

As I look upon this minprint now I feel a true sense of loss at his passing. For none other than Den'ethinus himself could converse with me about this image from my mind at a single moment in time, so very long ago.
Minprint I
Subject: Asst. Mharren Sil'Anion
Last edited by Mharren on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

Again I cannot sleep. Why I don't know.

The Alliance attacked again this evening past. This time they attempted to enter Grommash Hold, presumably to to put a mortal end to Thrall. Nymare estimated their numbers to be at least double what they were yesterday's Eve in Silvermoon. I shold find it quite reasonable to assume they will attempt to strike another city soon.

I was sapped in the back of the head just outside the gates of Orgrimmar. I recognized the white-haired Kaldorei rogue from my Inquisition. Nymare and Magister Amberlight seemed to know something of her as well. Again I cannot recall the akward name of the organization's whose tabard she wore. I saw a handful of the same black tabards and white Bow's and Arrow's in the throng of Allies that congregated outside the gates of Orgrimmar after failing at the North West ingress. I suppose I see alot of tabards now though.

The occipital region of my skull is quite sore. The skin is purpling and quite rigid, inflammed. Perhaps it is this ache in my skull that has kept me from sleep more than any kind of temporary insomnia. I ought to have set that scamp Kaldorei alight rather than goggled at her familiarity.

I should not complain too much about my pain, it is nothing an opium tea cannot settle.

I have continued to visually graze through Den'ethinus' Minprints. Some are quite plain and unmysterious. Some are merely blotches of color and variations in hue and saturation. But there are others that evoke mental activity.

Den'ethinus was a patron of symbolism and he left such a formulary behind in me for comprehending the world. He spoke of different languages, different processes of perception-comprehension.

"Mharren our tissues are the same and they collect the same data...but do not be fooled my tender Love, for as much as our physical chemistry makes us alike, how our structures operate and translate said data into something usable for our existence is as different as the infintismal variables of each aspect of every particle of matter."

I had argued with him once in the laboratory over tea. Surely we all possess the same tissues, structures, functions...surely we all do think alike as structure begets function and our structures are the same. But Den'ethenis was adamant that this assumption held by many was in fact incorrect. He believed that the sheer mathematics of structural interaction would produce an infinte exponential array of values that could only boil down to just one thing: No one, anywhere, at any point in time, could possibly think alike.

Perhaps his obsession with comprehending the factors of Comprehension itself is what led to these Minprints and his efforts to understand them. He wished to share the faculty of knowledge that could be gained from being able to dublicate an instant of the mind's eye...but just as he encountered an inability to comprehend the results of his work he at least concluded that others would run into similar, if not more profound (as they were not likely to posess his level of wisdom), problems that would hinder, if not pervert the value of such a method of introspection.

But still, as is evident from this tome, he continued to Minprint himself. I sit here and stare at some for lengths unknown. Even the tangible, static copy of a glimpse into the mind can become an active abyss that seeks to draw you inward.
Minprint II
Subject: Prof. Den'ethinus Sol'Arion
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

A have to go away for a time, perhaps two months. I should return several weeks before the turn of the Season Wheel, it will depend much upon my academic superiors and my military consultants who may or may not wish to extend the length of my tour with them. I hope that they don't, for I find lands I'm headed to quite disagreeable, even I am spared the worst of it by my station as a civillian. Ah the things I have done and still do for this city that has yet to release me from my debt of bondage. One day.

I may find time to write, but it is quite doubtful. I will leave my journal here, in the second drawer of the desk in my study. Where I am headed to I realize is a place of great danger and period of life that I will forever remember. The conditions of the service I am to provide will allow me to bare witness to great monstrosities of our nature and the nature of other races that do not share our ideals.

I will be joining those that have already gone on ahead. A place of war and biological destruction is no place for a scholar like me...but alas, I have my duties and my bonds and if they require an objective scientist inside the so-called 'wire' then that is where I must go.

Pity to take a leave of absence from The Grim so soon after joining them. I have informed Acherontia of my current estimation of leave and she assures me that is all I must do.

So for now I must pack my things and set my affairs in order for the next two months.

I will take this minprint below with me...it is one of Den'ethinus' minprints, it is comforting to know how his mind's eye once saw me. I wish I had one of him.

Farewell trusted journal. Let us hope that I am not yet destined to join Den'ethinus in the twsiting nether of a dead eternity.
Minprint III
Subject: Den'etinus Sol'arion
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I have finally returned home to Silvermoon from my outpost. The phenomena of the wraith-like creatures and the subsequent invasion of...zombies of all things...has ended. While I have heard plenty in the local shop area's and certainly at the Academy about what occured during my absence I still do not find myself wishing to have been here. In fact I am glad I was no where near any of the major cities or continental establishments.

I believe someone was in my flat during the time I was gone, for I distinctly recall leaving this journal in the second drawer of the desk in my study, but I found it in the first. For the life of me I can think of no one that would be particularly interested in my musings or any of the possessions I hold governance over in my dwelling. Perhaps my recall is simply deficient and I have no cause for concern.

I am thick and laden with fatigue, my body aches from the rigor of the physical requirements needed at the outpost. I wish only now to rest, to sleep and to regain my strength. My mind is still hypersensitive to the concerns of the dangerous place I was in. There is no reason to feel fear or to be in a constant state of alert and anxiety here in Silvermoon, but still I am quick to react to loud noises and weary of treading beyond established 'safe' grounds.

I suppose this is normal.

I have not yet informed The Grim of my return but I will make myself apparrent in the New Year. For now I must recover.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

The climax of the winter celebration has come and gone and now we satisfy ourselves with the anticlimactic roll towards the full turn of the Year Wheel. I've drunk neough of my favoured drink and ate enough of my favourite food, now I will sit amongst my belongings as well as Den'ethenus' and continure to catalogue his works...

Perhaps I ought to begin...not cataloguing, but...filing my own work. I had left this journal here in The Eastern Kingdoms, but at the Outpost I had a ledger that I kept my mind's words in. I sketched a little inside those dusty, almost damp, pages. I had planned to throw it into the consumating fire upon conclusion of our stay at the Outpost but I must have missed it.

Most of the things we observed and tested ended up in folders and tomes and other catagorical archives. Most of those things went into the fire. Clothes, pictures, flesh...it all went into the fire. The cadavers were used at the basic core of the consumating fire and all that we couldn't take on with us...we burned.

It is possible that my own perverted record, kept in the age-worn pages of this old, olive green and water-stained journal, is the only record that stands of that time and what my outfit did at that worldly designation in space; The Outpost.

I should not let such things broil on the rack of my own brain. Left too long that grime collected after its been burned asunder forever will be hard to scrape away.

I met two of Den'ethinus' test subjects...by proxy. Apothecary Morton from Undercity brought them to my flat today, Morton was a physician in life and he was apparently the practicing physician for the Sil'Amore family in Tirisfal.

He brought me The Twins, a curious couple, a curious set. That they are lovers is obvious. They may be more than simply taboo and Morton has asked me to consider 'looking' at them.

I will consider it.

I found this Minprint today. I like it. But I am not sure what it is and it is not labelled.
Minprint I.
John Doe
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

The New Year is fast approaching, and still I have not revealed myself to The Grim. What causes me to withhold my announcement of return? Perhaps I really am simply tired, perhaps the explanation is no more mystical than that.

The flyers posted by the being or group calling themselves the Onyx Sun apear to have been dealt with...along with their owners. It was somewhat amusing to return home and find declarations of a more petty war around the petty towers of a petty city.

"Alas Maid Mharren, must you be scuh a sterotypical pessimist?"

It is Den'ethinus I hear, of course. Even so long now in death he chides me in my minds rendition of him. What pure genius, to make oneself so permanently imprinted upon another that your post-humous rendition is strong enough to govern their subconscious.

When teaching me of The Mind he once told me that there are three aspects to the processes and operation of Memory. Acquirement, Designation and Recall. Ones memory of anything, anything at all, is wholly dependent on these steps (and of course the countless substeps to consider in each context) and failure to be precise and accurate at any one step, in either direction of process, can result in untruth.

I imagine that my acquirement of Den'ethinus' memory was quite precise and accurate, for I knew him for a long time, I was his romantic partner, his student and of course, his guarded admirer. Idealization of course will have painted him in a certain generality of esteem, but he taught me to be objective, to be emotionless and while my hearts desire for him clouds this natural and noursihed tactic, I beleive my acquired rendition of his memory was quite correct.

The aspect of Memory known as Designation is beyond the implications of the words 'complex' or 'complicated'. Here is where my memory of Den'ethinus may have been clouded for I designated his reconstruction in my mind under the headers of various well-defined (and not-so-well-defined) roles.

"What are these roles you speak of Maid Mharren? You ought to be in the know by now that Language is an imprecise matter at best and what you say might have several semantic implication. How might you atone?"

By Role I refer only to the societal constructions of expected behaviour within the various paradigms of interpersonal relations.

"And what do you know of the average eyes that may read your words, Maid Mharren?"

Yes sir, examples. Always offer another context.

A father to his Daughter occupies a similar but different role to a Father to his Son.

Certain parameters of intimacy, concern, responsibility and expectation are designated to such roles.

Physician to Patient, Faction Leader to Pleb, Ally to Enemy, etc.

My designation of Den'ethinous was always admittedly somewhat blurred, for he was my Teacher, my fathers freind and a urrogate Uncle of sorts. He was my lover and the romantic antics of lvoe and limerance are where ones renditions and reconstructions can become blurred.

Love and Limerance are noted as being two seperate things. I know that I loved Den'ethinus...as young Silvannia loves her brother and lover Sevik. I had worried for some time that it was merely limerance, and perhaps it was for a time between myself and in my regard of Den'ethinus. What he felt for me I can only imagine before the perceived guideclines of our respective roles were finally broken and crossed and left asunder in the wake of our lust, love and consumation. I have silently speculated about what his perceptions at the time might have been...but they are naught but that, speculations alone.

Recall is the final grounding aspect of memory. If you cannot Acquire then you have nothing to designate to storage. If you cannot Designate than you cannot remember what you Acquired correctly. If you cannot Recall what you acquired and subsequently designated...then you remember nothing. You will have no temporal sense. Your implicit and explicit memory stores and operations may be lost. What a turbulant world you might yourself in...insanity not far from your eyes and certain in the the eyes of those who behold you with the power to judge you.

"Maid Mharren, your brilliance and ability to spin the finest and most extensive of webs has left you vulnerable to wander."

Indeed it has. Tangents and multitudinous linear expeditions have oft' left me far from the tree, so to speak. I am babbling through script about Den'ethinous. But as I have said for a long time...You must let me work. Let me work it out. YOu shall have your answers, your ideas, your notions of unthought brilliance...if only you let me work it out.

~ illegible scripts and broken cursive bisect the page horizontally along with a roughly sketched pedigraph that is crossed out numerous times and bares only nodes marked with 'Sil'Amore' ~

Apothecary Morton has further amounted upon his initial request to 'look' at the Sil'Amore twins. He cites Sevik's sudden hostility towards him and Silvannia's tendency to adhere to her brothers wishes as reason for why he does not wish to engage them himself.

I do not know these Twins. I do not know their family name or the extent of their estate. I am trying to compile an admissible family pedigree...but such a thick taint of inbreeding in one family line is making it difficulty. One Sil'Amore begets the next, begets the next, begets the next...and so on.

Morton remains their family physician and as such he is requesting a further and more indepth analysis of the Twins heredity. Why? I cannot say. He has burdened me with many records, sheathes of charts and old films. The family tree alone is only partially recorded upon a silk wall hanging which he also submitted for my review. He tells me that the entire tree is recorded in great artistic detail upon the main wall of the Sil'Amore home on the border between the Glades and the forest to the south. I have little wish to spend countless hours atop a ladder, cross-referencing six stories of 'family'.

Especially when the requester will not tell me what he wishes the information for.

Physics is a my trade by directory, but medical examination and geneology are an appendaged trade by reputation. It would appear that such a reputation was not lost upon the Forsaken.

The Horde would appear to trust the Forsaken...at least the regular masses of plebs. I myself hold then with high caution. Yes, they too were once members of the Alliance....albeit in Life. But still...even another ex-ally can suspect another. I suspect them.

The Sil'Amore's never seem to have foudn the Forsaken anything but ideal. Even the two current holders of the estate -Master and Miss Sevik and Silvannia Sil'Amore - regard their reanimated neighbours with revere and understanding.

Perhaps their complete comfort with the Forsaken is what has Apothecary Morton spooked...If the Forsaken move without the grace of Thrall...then a high-priviledged race like the Sin'dorei (even the inbred versions in the Sil'Amore line) might be glared upon as condescending outsiders.

"Before one can hold stock in a claim of any kind, one must review the substatiating evidence Maid Mharren."

I sigh now...for all I have biased suspicion and speculation. What is more likely? That Morton is privvy from Farenell that the Twins are some sort of threat pending or following some move by the Forsaken? Or that Morton is simply a deeply engrossed and concerned physician who is not longer able to maintain the trust of his clients and would like a fully-educated second opinion?

If there are no truths in life, only liklihoods, it would appear that the latter option in this juxtaposition of motives would be the most likely.

I am not a physician though...I am doctor, yes, but I am a Philosophical Doctor...not a Medical Doctor. Should these two require actual treatment I can do little else but turn them around right back to Morton.

The Apothecary Society were interested parties in Den'ethinus' work. I am his successor and while I cannot say with any confidence that I know all, or even most , of what his real work entailed...I forsee that I will be expected by his admirers, enemies and followers to pick up where he left off.

I suspect this...becaue when the Twins arrived....the male, Sevik asked when I would be picturing his mind. How did Morton know of the Minprints? I abided more from suprise than anything else...I see only his sister in this one.

On a concluding note, I left my return notice in the Hall of the Grim. I also found that Abric has succeeded Regnanetah and leadership has become the reigns of his own drive.

I have heard some of Abric...a Forsaken. Again I must not let my personal suspicions take hold without evidence. All I need to know about Abric is that he leads the Grim. He esteemed amongst the ranks and he has been somewhat of a long-term bearer of witness to the goings on of the Grim. In reputation there is no greater knower of worldly secrets and no stricter being whom makes use of the back of his hand.

A capable leader for a capable group. Again I am reassured that I have made the right desicion to join them.
Minprint I.
Sevil Sil'Amore
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I am somewhat in a state of despair. What is despair but another word for a phenomena that has more meanings than the one I ascribe to it. Let me be plain when I define this categorical word for a state of feeling to mean that I feel as though my mind has put several variables together and the product of such a calculation, the answer, the meaning is so wrought with disagreeability that I feel....despair.

I not only find this product of thought to be disagreeable I find it to be so, to such a severity, that I am grappling with the processes that lead to its production. Did I put an incorrect value in place of the 'x' in this equation? Did I divide where I ought to have multiplied? Did I cross variables that led not just to a single, insignificant error...but to a global, systemic error.

Perhaps I did. But I am not in the habit of being incorrect.

I spent this now-concluded night drawing magical essences from imbued objects, creating Product from Process. I found myself thinking about myself and my life. I am often regarded with some air of brilliance, some reassuring 'hit vs. miss' aura that draws people to me for advice and guidance. One should think that such a reverance would be delightful and quite agreeable. It is...if that was all that it was.

I am remarkable only in my simplicity, in my lack of extravagence and in my lack of decorative deliverance. You know what medicine I have offered you because I do not add sugar. To add sugar is really just to complicate matters. I give the most likely explanation and I am as right as one person can be as often as one person can be.

Why?

I don't deal in products. I don't deal in components. Thats not what concerns me. What concerns me is the process that occurs between component and product. It is not the intial values and the subsequent result, it is the equation that holds my attention and my intrigue.

If I had a simple equation that is designed to provide the user with the value of a variable they seek to obtain and it comes from the comparison of two componenet variables...then it will not matter what the component variables are...nor what product they beget after the equation process, because the equation is independant of the values that it processes. If one knows how to use a calculator correctly then they can produce confident answers, no matter what they might be, and where they might have come from.

A bridge is independant of what crosses it, for it does only one thing...it enables the crossing of an obstacle, the attainment of a finality. Cause begets Effect. And like a bridge, like all equations, the processes and laws that discern them are global and can be rearranged to work backwards, forwards in various dimensions. East to West or West to East the bridge is the same, the result as reliable.

The penchant that people seem to possess for making things more complicated than they need to be confounds me. Adding mistakes to an equation will not beget a correct calculation.

But what then, is a mistake?

A mistake, like a disease, is a deviation from the norm...a state that usually results in detriment. Deviation is interchangeable in that it can move along the Axis of Measure in either a positive or negative direction. Even such a statement as Positive vs. Negative can and will be interpreted by many as more flamboyant and elusive than it really is.

Positive...that must be good, says the Pleb.

No! No, no, no! 'Trivial' misconceptions and furthermore the common tolerance of them begets the Great Soiling of Logic, the great age of misinformation and confusion and yes, deviation!

The mere implication that moving away[/I from the norm in either direction is desirable is a root cause of perversion, like inserting a set of brackets upon values that do not need that mechanical process to render the accurate result.

If I say ;positive', its no more fancy or complex than what it is in relation to the word negative. Opposites correctly imply a space between, a spectrum! Positive has nothing to do with being more desirable than negative because nothing, nothing, exists outside of a spectrum of relation. Nothing!

Between two ends of Stupid is Smart.

To be remarkable is to be deviant is to be outside of the norm and it should be undesirable to be such!

I could go on for a great deal of time and consume much stationary as I attempted to do more than jot down extractions from the greatest of equations...the mind...the reasoning that exists within me. But I choose not to...for I am very tired...none will understand it anyway. The effort I could take to attempt to infer upon another a higher understanding will be lost becuase that 'higher' understanding is far more simple than the one they possess.

Answers that are not frilly and masterbatory are not appreciated. Just beucase something is more effective does not mean the Stupid will select it. Bells and whistles and greater complexities - more sugar! - are chosen. Greater complexity leaves more room for error and more room for error creates a greater margin of irresponsibility.

Imagine the power, the responsibility, one would have if they acknowledged the simple explanation for life....that it is their resposnibility to destermine what happens and that the margin, in reality, is really quite slim.

Such simplicity is somehow so frieghtening. If things are not so complicated than one has no reason to be so very deviant.

Magic is not mysterious gift. It is cause and effect.
Emotion is not a mysterious intangible occurance. It is physiological.

.~The pen strokes become light and inconsistant and ultimately illegible..the list continues but is no longer discernable.~

I am alone because I am logical. Those that consult me like only the security offered by a reliable cross-check. They do not know me and they never could beucase I am very alone as a logical creature. I contend against complication and I am regarded with fear, dislike and simply just...threat.

Calming medicine may cause panic in an individual that it is given to. Why? Not beucase the cause and effect relation between the compound and the tissue has unexplainably changed...but because the individual does not understand and regards the perception as threatening.

Logic and simplicity are very calming. But common sense seems to be the least understood. A life where the application of common sense is expected is threatening. And that...that does not adhere to logic.

Science is nothing if unimpressive. And science does not exist within itself. It is the equation.

But people would prefer to guess.

This is aversive to me beucase I am of a social species of animal. I am lonely.

Responsibility is the most frieghtening thing in the world. Because I request it from those around me...I am threatening.

I am lonely. I am in a state of despair.

Because I am right.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I seem to have fallen ill. An ailement of the stomach, joints and head seems to have afflicted me. While others are gathering in the cities, preparing to raise their glass flutes of wine and raise their pewters stein's of ale, in celebration of the conclusion of this year, I will be home.

I may watch from my balcony and perhaps I will witness fireworks. I think it more likely I will dump a vial of stomach chalk and analegesic into a bubbling cup of water and down it before resigning myself to bed.

I have neither interest in celebration nor interest in work. I have interest only in remaining calm through a heated cerebrum and a fevered body. For some reason panic has always accompanied nausea. A heat in the dorsal bisection of the neck, a watered mouth and the calm projection of stomach contents is often preceeded by irrational panic and general anxiety.

Odd that the best remedy is the culmination of what I might find myself most anxious of; emission.

Silvermoon and her gilded partiers may sing me to sleep in their festivities. As the coming year approaches I find myself indifferent.
Mharren

Unread post by Mharren »

I've taken up the Medical practice again, or rather, the Psychiatry practice. It is not my tenure to mend bones and clear bladder infections but just as Den'ethinus was, I too am adept at the assessment and untangling of the minds often-twisted web.

I have not practiced under the banner of The Grim before, as my time and my mind have never belonged to anyone but those I am privately associated with...this too is a private practice of sorts and I do hope that those I now devote my military skills to, will not mistake my medical compassion for personally-felt concern.

The Grim descended upon The Grizzly Hills in the Northern Continent the other day, I was the least helpful and a mane named Ulricht accompanied me on the ground while the others patrolled the skies.

I was astonished...for I saw barely blue coat for all the turmoil The Grim had brought upon the contested land.

Have we won the war already? We couldn't have...for I just recently - within the past hours - met with physical agression from those under the banner of The Stormwind Royal Calvary...when did they add 'Royal' to their bland little professional monicker?

Maybe it is as one in the Hills had said... They are too busy congregating in Dalaran, or huddling at the gates to Naxxaramas to care about their resources. The sociological implications of such global neglect are ....interesting.