A Tauren Warriors Path

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Guduk

A Tauren Warriors Path

Unread post by Guduk »

The old bull Tauren knew even before he pulled the leather hide away, his shoulders slump slightly as he allows himself a small sigh of regret.
"The Spirits do not speak to him." The hide falling away from the small Tauren hands holding a cold black pebble.
Three figures sit in a small circle in the center of the small tepee and a forth stand at the entrance.
A soft female voice follows after the old male "And the Earth Mother does not seek for him" The female Tauren smiles gently her brown eyes fall on the young male kneeling before them, a look of confused sadness reflect back from his own blue gaze.
The old Druid male lifts his head slowly, the green garments rustling like tree leaves as he moves and his long white braids sway slowly as he glances to the figure standing at the door. "He will not be a Druid..." his head turns to the female sitting beside him to confirm his next statement ".. nor a Shaman."
The female Shaman nods her head slowly "We are finished here" she reaches over to take the stone from the young male's hands "Go with your Brother, young Guduk"
The figure at the door shifts, the light shining from the outside casting his features and expression in shadow. A large cougar mask only allowing his eyes to be seen as he grunts softly and moves his hands from the head of his massive two bladed Axe, he hefts it to his shoulder and turns to go, expecting the young Tauren to follow.

The hills of ThunderBluff where green with life from the late spring rain, the many residence of the hill tops moving about their business while the Shaman moves from the tent and breaths in deeply, lifting his head to look at the sky and feel the heat of the sun on his skin.
The young Tauren emerges from the tepee and moves to the Shaman's side "Am i.. a disappointment, Brother?"
Drukur chuckled softly as he lowers his gaze to his younger Brother, placing a mail covered hand on Guduks' shoulder "No Brother, you just follow a different path" seeing the confusion in Guduks' face, he sighs and moves towards the edge of a sharp cliff, his hand moving to pull two owl feathers from an arm band, the younger brother following and watching.
"We are like feathers in the wind, Guduk..." Drukur releases a feather from his hand and lets it drift in the wind, watching is spiral away ".. we each have the same destination, but the path is different to reach it" he releases the second feather and motions to Guduk as it flutters away. "In the end, you are in the same place, but you will not be a Shaman like me"
Guduk sniffles slightly and wipes a hand across his snout "So i am a disappointment." Drukur reaches down and cuffs one of Guduks' short horns "You are too young to be a disappointment, Brother, our actions disappoint, how we live our lives determines our greatness and so the young never disappoint" he turns to head off further into ThunderBluff  "Come, we find out what path you Will follow"
Guduk

Re: A Tauren Warriors Path

Unread post by Guduk »

Drukur shifts the massive two blade Axe on his shoulder and lifts his head to call out to his nearby friend "Krom'tra, come when you can, and bring Creeper with you", the figure he calls to turns towards them, a stack of animal hides on his shoulder, he nods and turns back to the merchant to continue the deal. The older brother then turns his eyes down to his younger sibling and grunts as he moves to a clearing "Time for us to get one other thing decided before we head home."

Guduk nods, not knowing what exactly was going on, but knowing and trusting his brother is far the wiser on what needs to be done. They move to a small circle of logs surrounding a small fire pit, Guduk automatically moves to take up a stick and poke the logs to send sparks up into the air. A childs action, and Drukur cuffs him again while Guduk is distracted by the drifting ashes.

"Pay attention, Guduk" the Shaman grumbles while a green skinned orc takes a few quick steps towards the pair and joins them by the fire, a sleek plains cougar pads behind Krom'tra and settles down at the orcs feet.

With a toothy grin, Krom'tra looks at Guduk, his red eye patch giving his face a somewhat unfriendly demeanor. The orc sets aside his gun and casually pats the feline at his feet while Drukur nods his head to the hunter "Guduk is not to become a Shaman or a Druid, so we travel back home to set him on another path. Perhaps you can tell if he can be a fellow hunter?" the Tauren tilts his head slightly as he awaits the response.

Guduk eyes the cougar and slowly reaches over to pat the cougar on the nose with a finger, the Cougar gives him one look and ignores him while the orc cackles his response and slaps his knee "fa, Drukur, ya know lots of the way of Spirits, I'll give ya that, but of hunters and warriors, yer as dumb as a stump, we got not Spirits to tell us what path to take, we got ta train 'em first see what they can do better then the rest" the Orc grins and pats the Cougar as he continues "Animals don' choose ya, ye bond with 'em and they understand yer wishes, don' mean they will follow, thats the trick of a Hunter, take him back home, if he has the fingers fer traps and an eye fer a bow, we'll teach 'em how ta bond with animals.

Drukur's shoulders slump slightly and he grumbles "Alright then, to home, I will see you in a week, Krom'tra, spirits protect you until then" The shaman stands and motions Guduk to follow as the orc laughs again "ha, ha, I'll trust creeper ta protect me a little more I think."

Guduk looks up at his brother as they move to the massive lifts to take them back down to the plains "Back to BloodHoof?"

Drukur nods slowly as he stands on the lift "Stay close while we travel, we should be home by evening.."

===========================================================

"He will not get up." the female Tauren steps out of the tent, the figure of a young Tauren lays in the back of the tepee, a blanket pulled up around his shoulders and his back to the opening. His mother sighs as she looks to the large bull Tauren mixing herbs by the fire, his gruff voice calling out without turning "He can not stay in there all week!"

With a sigh, Niema settles down next to the fire pit and continues with cooking as she replies "It may take some time, he just lost his brother, we just lost a son." she turns her head to her mate "Unless the Spirits say different?" her voice lifts as if a spec of hope still remains, but Druman shakes his head slowly as his shoulders drop "no, as I said before, the Spirits tell me nothing of what happened, it is as if a shroud covers the attack and only Guduk knows more of what happened" he grunts and gives the tent a glance "And we found him out cold and unwilling or unable to tell us more."

Niema nods slowly and looks back to the cooking "I will take him to Camp Narache tomorrow then, perhaps Caithan can do something with him, he always got me back into training when something bad would happen to me" she leans over and rests against Druman and her eyes close slightly "We lost one son, I do not wish to lose another so soon."  Druman wraps an arm around his mate and sets his herbs aside as he looks into the cooking fire. "Guduk will do us proud, The Spirits do speak of him, if not too."
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

"Too Slow!"
The heavy mace smashes against the large shield which Guduk cowers behind, he stumbles back and manages to peek over its edge to see the next attack head his way. Caithan stands quietly off to the side, the massive Tauren watching the brawl with his arms crossed as if disappointed with the show.
Guduk's opponent charges again, his mace raised to smash at Guduk again, a fellow student of Caithan with a years training on Guduk. Raising his shield once more, the mace smashes against the barrier and Guduk stumbles back again against the force, both the fighters getting tired, Guduk with only a shield, Farook with only a mace.
Caithan bellows out again "This battle should have been over by now, Come Farook, you took the rest of them out easily, finish him off."
The words did ring true, a circle of bruised and battered students lay on the grass nearby watching the fight, some still clutching their sides where they were feeling hurt. The fight had started off as a battle, all the students picked a single item and used it to fight the rest all at once, Guduk had chosen last, and had only the shield to choose, but it had worked well for him.
Farook had torn through the rest of the group, his skill and strength beating through the rest while Guduk just cowered behind his shield and blocked against attacks heading his way, most had ignored him until the very end and now he was all that was left. The prize.. the best chore of the evening, how early you felt determined which chore you were given, and the last was given the position beside the cook, turning the spit at the fire to make the meat cook evenly, and of course, the opportunity to steal a few early strips of meat before anyone else.
Farook attacked once more, his weapon fast and Guduk struggled to keep up as the mace battled against the shield multiple times. Caithan chuckles on the side line "Are you going to cower behind that shield all evening, Guduk? or are you actually going to use it?"
The words caught Guduk off guard, distracted for the moment, Farook jumped at the opportunity and shoulder rushed the younger student, knocking Guduk to the ground as the shield was plowed into. Caithan leans forward to stare at Guduk, his hands on his knees as he bellows out "Get up, keep moving, or do you want to Starve tonight?"

Guduk quickly climbs to his feet and manages to get his shield up to deflect the latest attack from Farook. "Baaahh, you are worthless!" Caithan waves a hand at the two and turns to leave. Guduk glances over at his teacher and clinches his teeth, annoyed at feeling so useless behind just a shield, far better if he had a weapon.
Narrowing his eyes at Farook, he feels his anger build as the mace comes towards him again, he smacks the mace away, then drives his shield forward into Farook's stomach, pushing the older student back. Farook straightens and roars out as he charges again, Guduk struggles to keep the shield up as he deflects the mace again, taking a few steps back at every swing.
The mace hits the shield again and Guduk shoves it back towards Farook, caught off guard, Farook stumbles back as both the mace and the shield smashes him in the face, he raises a hand to wipe his lip and looks down at the blood on his hand, just as the shield comes at him once again to smash him across the face and send him to the ground.

Caithan roars with laughter as Farook slowly climbs to his feet and out of the circle "Now That is more like it! Guduk wins the round, now GET TO WORK" he glares at all the students as they scramble away to their chores and Guduk is left standing by himself.
Caithan nods to the young Tauren "Good work, you have come a long way today, Your Mother would be proud. Now go see the cook"
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

Guduk sat quietly at the edge of ThunderBluff's Mesas, over looking the grasslands of Mulgore with his wooden shield beside him flat on the ground. He sighs faintly and hardly even registers when Caithan approaches to find his student.

"What is bothering you, Young Guduk?" the massive Tauren steps up beside Guduk and stares out across the grasslands with him. "This should be a happy day for you, Passing my task and becoming a Warrior"

Caithan gives Guduk a side long glance as Guduk reaches over to his axe next to him and runs a finger along its blade, fingering a notch which had been violently chopped out earlier today.  "Passed? I do not think my Priest is so happy with me."

Caithan chuckles and rocks his head from side to side, his horns dipping left to right "Perhaps not, but only the two of you, against 6, and you still managed to hold your ground, and down half of them before they got the better of you."
Caithan shrugs "it was not a victory. But you know your tasks, that is all i expect from you."

Guduk sighs again and chops the head of his axe into the ground next to his shield, the blade biting the soil and sticking. "And what now? where do i go?"

Caithan moves to kneel down and rests his arms over one knee. "You find people to travel with, who depends on what you are looking for."

With a grunt, Guduk looks over to his shield, then back to his teacher "Glory, i want to be remembered, i want to bring my families name back into peoples voices, like my brother did."

Nodding his head once more, Caithan looks over to Guduk "There are many who already have that status, their names bring pride, or fear." a grunt follows before the older Tauren continues "Getting into one of those groups is a little difficult though, what would they see in a fresh new warrior, like yourself?" he looks to Guduk "You will need to find a group who needs a warrior, go to Orgrimmar, I know of a few guilds there, some not to well liked then others. They do the tasks others believe are too risky, or too rash. Others focus on the glory in the battlegrounds, or in the mass dungeons of this world."

Guduk frowns and picks up his shield, moving to stand "To rash?" waiting for Caithan to continue "Yes, The Grim is one such group, they believe in completely ridding this world of the Alliance races, only then would we live peaceful lives" the older Tauren shakes his head "I personally do not believe such, but i do not decide for you."

Caithan rests a hand on Guduks shoulder "When you are in the heat of battle, you hold such confidence, your eyes blaze with controlled anger and you know what you must do, it is strange to see you question yourself when you are left to your own, with nothing to battle. Perhaps they can help you."

Moving to rest a hand on his teachers shoulder "I thank you, for everything." Guduk nods his head to the Elder and then shoulders his shield and starts to head off.

Caithan watches Guduk move off and sighs "May the Spirits watch over you."
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

The Stranglethorn jungle was alive with sounds, bird like sounds over head as the nearby ocean can be heard lapping on the shore. It was hot, like normal, and Guduk was sweating with the heat and his armor. He had found some nice pieces of plate and was still getting use to the heavy protection.

As it was, he stood as still as possible, attempting to blend into his surrounded as Taurens are so adept at doing. He sways just slightly as there is a breath of wind, his eyes watching the Massive Tiger stalking nearby, his target, the King of the Tigers, but not for long.

Guduk shifts the grip on his Axe, his recently new tabard sticking to his place chest piece, showing off The Grim banner. Proud of his accomplishments, and that such a Guild would accept him into their fold. Currently they were starting their venture into the Troll camp "Zul'Gurub" and he was nearby in case they had need for him. Still having much to learn in his advanced training, they did not take him, but he was still prepared.

Suddenly there was a explosion from the side, a dwarf rifle bucked back as the bullet ricochets off Guduk's shield, a lucky break for the Warrior as the hunter made a quick reload while a Raptor starts its charge towards Guduk.
Eyes flashing wish rage, Guduk ducks behind his shield and rushes forward, smashing into the reptilian beast, while the beast struggles to his feet, Guduk stumbles as a bullet catches him in the helmet, and he stumbles a few steps away from the dwarf. Guduk shakes his rattled head slightly and focuses on the hunter, he rushes towards the dwarf as the raptor lands on his back, ripping and tearing at Guduk's armor.

Shaking, to dislodge the raptor from him, he takes an unsteady swing at the dwarf, causing the runt to jump away, dropping one of his items. Guduk ignores the raptor for now as he chases after the Hunter, smashing his axe into the shorter opponents head, pain shoots through his left hoof as Guduk slashes his axe up and catches the dwarf under the chin.

The Dwarf stumbles, spitting out a few teeth and attempts to whistle his raptor back to him, turning his back to the Tauren warrior and running into the nearby bush. Guduk attempts to chase, but roars in pain as he stumbles and falls, finding his hoof trapped in one of the hunters traps, he curses and moves to free himself, the Alliance dwarf disappearing while it can.

Guduk grunts as he begins to limp back to Grom'gul, not wanting to be stuck out in the open while injured. Another shot rings out from the bushes and the hunter begins his assault again. Guduk growls and buckles down behind his shield to protect himself, his arm bleeding.

The raptor begins its charge again, shrieking as its talons raise to kill, sudden;y his twitches and stumbles, another shriek this time, but of pain as boils start to appear over its skin.
    The dwarf pauses at the sight of his raptor, and then soon falls to the ground himself as a black plague envelops him. A member of the Undead walks out from behind a tree, the one known as Pincus, a quick raise of his hand and the ground around him erupts with flame, burning the raptor and its owner into cinders.

Guduk straightens slightly, catching his breath as he lowers his head to Pincus, the warlock just grumbles quietly and continues on his way, passing Guduk and heading to Grom'gul himself. Guduk turns and watches for a moment, then limps behind, his hunt for the Tiger forgotten.
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

'Life can be good' Guduk thinks to himself as he strides through the Portal back to Orgrimmar, thanking Grainger for the quick trip back home before he shoves his hearth stone away and makes his way to the local flight master.
    Their adventure had been another success, they had put down the mighty Onyxia, and Guduk know carried a blood stained blade, recently plunged into the dragons body.
    The Grim had continue to prosper, their attacks into the Molton Core where going deeper, the Blood god Hakkar was beginning to fear the battle drums of the approaching Guild, they will fall, and Guduk would stand in the front lines to see it happen.
    Tossing some coin at the flight master, Guduk leaps onto the wind rider and takes off, his destination, Dire Maul and the Library contained within, a few other members of the Grim heading there to see to his success.
    The cool wind against his face dries away the sweat built up from living through the firebreath of Onyxia, Guduk glances down at his chest and brushes at the blackened Tabbard he wears, the Grim sign barely seen under the rough use, he will need a new one.
    He lands in the lush forest of Feralas and smiles as he sees Syreena and Emmons waiting, Grainger and Muatah soon behind him as he marches up to join the group and nods his head. The ride in relative quite towards the Oger held ruins and slip past their patrols, Guduk's skill in sneaking around was not something to put money on, but they get to the library and approach the Elf waiting there.
    "Lydros, i have returned with what you have asked for", tossing the bloody blade to the Night elf. "Now make me the Blade."
    Having nearly dropped the blade tossed to him, Lydros looks down at the item and then back up to Guduk and The Grim behind him. "Onyxia has been Slain?"
    "May the Nether keep her too" Guduk narrows his eyes "Do you doubt us, Elf?"
    Lydros straightens slightly and rolls back his shoulders, trying to stand defiantly before The Grim "Doubt would not matter, the magics will not work if it is Not her blood" his moves his free hand over the blade and closes his eyes as he concentrates, the air around them all crackle with electricity as the blade lifts from Lydros's grip and begins to glow, hovering between his two hands as the Elf mutters a long forgotten language.
    Guduk steps back slightly and glances to the others, not sure what to expect. Grainger calmly watches, the undead mage likely gleaning what information he can from the Magic being done before him. Lydros suddenly snaps open his eyes and snatches the blade before it drops towards the ground "It is done." handing the Blade towards Guduk, waves of Green energy flow up the sharp blade.
    Syreena peers around Guduk whispering "it looks shiny" Lydros grunts and turns his back on the group once more, Guduk holding the blade out to test its weight.
    "An Excellent Blade, now to get it enchanted" Muatah growls out from the back of the group, his stray hand brushing the head of his Wolf.

"Quel'Serrar is Mine" Guduk manages to whisper before he hoists the blade over his head "For the Grim!"
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

The Dark Portal was a massive sight on the burned and dieing Blasted lands, Guduk stood watching the dark swirling mass from the rocky ridge nearby, demons patrolling the grounds nearby. Turning his head from the sight with difficulty, Guduk sees an approaching demon patrol, a hulking Felguard and a hound bounding along just ahead.  Not one for hiding, or running, Guduk shifts the grip on his sword a little, and buckles down as the pair of demons spot him and with a roar rush towards the Tauren warrior.

Guduks’ Quel’Serrar sings as it flashes through the air, biting into the hounds side as he bats the beast to the side, raising his shield to block the blow of the Felguard and its massive sword. With quick sure movements, Guduk stabs at the Felguard while his boot catches the hound in the head, a few moments pass and like 16 other demons before, the pair die to Guduks’ might.

Wiping the blade on the back of the now dead hound, Guduk sheaths Quel’Serrar and looks back to the Dark Portal, something had called him here, and he did not know why. Rumor was spreading that change had come, the Dark Portal was opening and more demons where slipping through, and here Guduk saw for himself as another winged horror strolls out of the black mass of the Portal gateway. Guduk narrows his eyes as he watches this new figure, the calling within him growing stronger as the demon looks slowly around and then beats his massive wings, taking to the air.

Guduk frowns as he watches the Doomguard fly for a moment, then looks back to the Portal, how could the portal be opening after all this time? Why was he being drawn here? Questions remain unanswered as his head suddenly bursts into pain, his eyes close and a hand rises up to his helmet as he falls to one knee in a grunt of pain. Something was trying to control his mind!

Guduk lifts his head as he hears a heavy thump, the Doomguard landing nearby, through a pain filled gaze, Guduk sees it approach, its right hand glowing with a green light, the pain in his head growing more intense. “This one…. Yes, This one will do! Take him, take him quickly!â€
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

Guduk feels something cool press against his forehead, his eyes snap open and he tries to sit up, pain shoots through him and he groans, gentle hands press down on his shoulders. “calm, boy, ya are safe ‘ere, bu’ ya godta ‘eal first bafore ya move.â€
Guduk

The End of the Year...

Unread post by Guduk »

The sounds of metal clashing sounds through the valley of Mulgor, a small troop of Horde tucked away in a hill side continue their training with Guduk watching over them. A flake of snow falls onto Guduks snout and he snorts faintly, his eyes catching sight of more snow starting to fall. He raises his head to the sky and continues to watch in silence.

The Warriors slowly stop their dueling at more snow starts to come down, Guduk comes out of his silent resolve and glares down at the Orcs, Tauren, Undead and Trolls before him. "Back to it!" he bellows "Its only snow, do not get so distracted, you think the demons will take pause to this?"

Guduk smashes his plates fist against his chestpiece "The Dark Portal opens, and I plan to be ready" he paces back and forth as all the eyes look to him. "A year ago i was like you, weak, eager, ready to be molded." he snorts "Work hard, train hard, fight hard now." Guduk grins as he continues "And Tonight we feast"

The Warriors raise their weapons and cheer, and the sounds of practice start again. Guduk moves to his tent and slips inside, he pulls off his helm and slumps into a small stool which complains about his weight. He looks at the old family chest across from him and leans forward to open it, he pulls out a small hide with a family drawing, looking at this figures of his family he gives a sigh and then places it to the side, he then reaches in and pulls out a small glowing Orb. Peering into the Orb, Guduk's eyes take on a slight green tint. A few moments pass as he continues to stare into the orb, his fingers brushing over its surface slowly, then he blinks slowly and places the Orb back into the chest.

Celebrating another Christmas alone, Guduk grabs his helmet and strolls outside again to send peons to gather fire wood.
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

The Horde forces snarled and spit in the direction of the Alliance forces, an orc warrior rolls his shoulders and snorts before a Blood Guard approches and shoves him hard in the shoulder. "Back in Line, Welps, we got bigger fish to fry" the Blood Guard jutting his shin out towards the Dark Portal before he cuts a quick glance over at the Alliance himself, staring down the Human Paladin casting a dark look towards the Horde. "We deal with the Pink skins after." he growls and continues to move forward, his destination the table near the front surrounded by Generals from both sides.

They had set up their forces just beyond the crater, the demon forces still packed around the portal, awaiting the assult with their own forces. The Generals had the area clearly marks on the table between them, a Human uses a short dagger to point out his plans "We use a frontal assult of footmen, .." he casts a glance towards the horde members "Or grunts, to draw the fighting here. Then the calvary will sweep in from the side, cutting through the back ranks, With the help of the magic users and range we can keep the Dark portal from letting any reinforcements arrive until we have delt with these demons already here, then we make the push to the other side." he glances at the Horde "We will then make further deliberations there, and move out command post forward"

An undead shambles forward slowly and indicated the front rank "This will need to be a strong force, enough to commit enough demons into the fight for the calvary to have a chance and not be making a suicide attempt holding the dark portal, The demons could very well just turn around and crush the calvary if they are not assulted properlly"

Standing silently in the back, Guduk shifts closer to one of his generals "Let me and my force go in, we are ready" The orc glances back at Guduk and considers the Tauren for a moment "Blood Guard.. I will hold you to your word."

Guduk snorts softly and looks towards the Alliance members "You expect them to do any better?"

Ignoring the remark, the Human glances over to Guduk and the Orc General "Let them lead, they want the taste of battle so much, we'll have our footmen fall behind to assist if the line looks to be breaking."

With a sniff, Guduk turns to inform the Horde under his command, and prepare his own armor.