A brief report of progress (Trial of Resolve)

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Riplie
Irredeemable

A brief report of progress (Trial of Resolve)

Unread post by Riplie »

Inquisitor-

I have two of my reports for my Trial of Resolve. The tasks of the battle field have kept my completion of them earlier.

Addikus the Irredeemable-
The conversation we had was brief. He began by showing me his tattered face. The forsaken has been patched many times, including once by myself. As a living human, he performed the work for Mathias Shaw that others could not. When his actions were found out, Mathias left him alone, without defense.
He was beaten to death. Upon receiving Sylvanas's blessing, he rose up, revenge and betrayal his fuel. He fights for the Mandate as it represents the only path to true peace in Azeroth, Peace through Annihilation.

Dreadweaver Anaie-
While personal details bore me, I was intrigued by Anaie, but sadly her, unique nature made a detailed inquisition challenging. Awoken as a blessed Forsaken,
Anaie desired revenge for her sisters death. From what I could gather from the rambling, she spilled much blood before coming to know of the Grim. Once under the
Tabard, she discovered her sister also raised, and home within the Grim. The Grim now her family, her daggers serve the mandate, as her own goal of revenge will
come once the mandate is fulfilled.

At this point in my discussions with the aged of the Grim, I have found a unique trait. Revenge is a powerful fuel. The betrayal of the Alliance to some ignites an unquenchable bloodlust. Perhaps if my further research shows a lateral trend, perhaps the weaker of the Grim may be fueled to fight more fiercely, if we take something dear away under the banner of the Alliance.

Regards-

Battlefield Sergeant Fanyare Morningray
Atticus

Re: A brief report of progress (Trial of Resolve)

Unread post by Atticus »

((Putting that Sergeant title to use right away, aren't you? hah.))
Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

Addikus wrote:((Putting that Sergeant title to use right away, aren't you? hah.))
((Of course! Sounds more official, and fanny likes her papers to look official.))
Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

Inquister-

Find the following report of my interview with Canai, Hand of Adal.

We met in Silvermoon City. A location of my choosing as it was quiet. My previous two interviews have revealed a trend that I was very curious of.

What I have found is more betrayal, providing the fever of our members. Canai, as most druids seem to, walked with the Cenarian Circle. Within that order they allow the Night Elves sworn to the druadic way. Without cause, one sought to slay Canai. In her retreat she discovered the Grim. It was then she had her awakening to the Mandate. Clearly peace with them under the same banner was not possible, but only, peace without, Peace Through Annihilation.

It is now I see what binds us together, betrayal, revenge. At some point an Alliance was trusted, and then broken, destroyed. They call us the savage, the call us the animals, and live under a veil of lies.

I will soon present my final report,

Regards-

Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

A new paper is placed upon the desk of the Inquister

Cyrus ik Cobratiis III The Malebrignon.

To fight for the mandate, to be Grim, one most know what The Grim was built upon. In my previous interviews, I find revenge and betrayal to be a powerful tool to ignite our current ranks. In researching the tomes of the hall, and speaking to those old enough of the banner to have known "Brig", The Malebrignon, I could not find a motivation. It seems his being, his core was smudges are noted from several words being wiped out sinister. A shame I could not have fought beside him.

A priest who seems more accustomed to shadow then myself, he was loyal to his allies, but his wrath was fierce to any who betrayed him. A former Arbiter of the Grim, the tomes record his decisive leadership. The Grim's success under his command seems to rival even our current ranks.

I now know what it is to be Grim. One does not fight for revenge, one does not fight for betrayal. They may have driven one to seek rank within The Grim, but once the colors are worn, you fight for one thing, Peace. And that peace can only come from Annihilation, Peace without the Alliance.

I shall prepare my trial of Sacrifice.

Regards-

Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Aureliya unsealed the papers that were left on her desk, and leaned back in her chair as she read them over. Once done, a note was penned in response.

Supplicant,

Well done, despite the delay in completion. I am glad to see you understand the true meaning behind what we stand for. Your trial of resolve is complete. Do not tarry long on your final task. I shall not be as lenient on the deadline in the future.

Inquisitor Aureliya Raindawn