Welcome Package for Svetlaena

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Welcome Package for Svetlaena

Unread post by Syreenna »

Deep within the bowels of Undercity, in a cave within the sewers, twin rogues stood before a table covered with vials, bottles, and a variety of herbs and poison reagents. In the middle of the table was a key lime pie acquired from a Bloodsail pirate in Stranglethorn.

"She's not Grim. I'll never, ever, ever consider that elf one of us," Syreena muttered as she pulled stormvine leaves from their stem. "Remember those other elves we had to take care of a couple years ago?"

Anaie looked slightly perplexed, she had trouble recalling specific incidents at times, and taking care of elves all started to blend together, but nodded anyways.

Syreena prepared the deathblood venom potion and poured it into a syringe. She slid the needle through the meringue into the green filling and injected a little of the poison in each of several spots in the pie. Anaie did the same with a syringe filled with deadly poison.

"Think that's enough?" Syreena asked her sister.

"Always best ta be suah... I once seen Kharzak accidentally drink 3 vials of my poisons when 'e was drunk one night, I think it actually saved 'im from alcohol poisonin'..."

The two rogues grinned at each other and refilled the syringes with instant and mind numbing poison, adding those to the pie as well. Just for good measure, they repeated the process with wound and crippling poison.

When the pie was ready, they placed it into a white bakery box, labeled "Stranglethorn Port Authority Bakery." Syreena placed an envelope on top of the box, and Anaie tied the package shut with plain brown string. The envelope contained a brief note that said "To Svetlaena. Welcome to The Grim. From the Inquisitors" along with a copy of the current guild calendar, a list of officers and Inquisitors, and a copy of the Mandate.

They took the box to the Inner Circle of Undercity and found a messenger near the mailbox at the inn.

"Deliver this to the elf named Svetlaena of The Grim. Don't say anything to her. Deliver it to her and leave." Syreena ordered. Anaie handed him a small bag of coins, "Iffin' ya do dis right, dere'll be more gold fer ya, iffin' ya screw it up, my fangs will be feastin'. We cleah?"

The twins grinned wickedly at each other as the messenger departed.

((Written by Syreena and Anaie))
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Svetlaena

Re: Welcome Package for Svetlaena

Unread post by Svetlaena »

The pie was handed to her without a single word spoken in Dalaran, the messenger running off before she could even ask him what it was or think to tip. She didn't wait to peek, precariously balancing the box atop the nearest mailbox so she could have a look inside. Was it another threat from Starshade? Something she had ordered and forgotten about, hopefully herbal in nature?

A pie? What the fel? She hadn't ordered a... what's this. A note?

"To Svetlaena. Welcome to The Grim. From the Inquisitors"

There was also a bunch of paperwork, which she proceeded to cram into her bags among all the other crumpled papers without even looking at. She'd read it later. At some point. Eventually.

For now, all she could imagine was getting back to the house, putting her daughter down for a nap, and then getting the tea on to boil and relaxing on the bed with her largest pipe full of fresh smoke. And then, of course, having some of that delicious-looking pie. Turning back to her mechano-hog, the priestess bagged the box of pie and the rest of her mail and set it beside the strapped-in toddler in the sidecar.

"Time to go home for Aravinda's nap," Svetlaena said cheerfully, leaning down to kiss her daughter on the forehead before swinging into the seat of the machine and taking off, the little girl giggling as they gained speed. "And for Mommy's special happy time."
Duroxas

Unread post by Duroxas »

The afternoon sun was setting over the thick foliage above as Duroxas quietly closed the door of his home. It wouldn't do well to wake the little girl who was probably asleep upstairs. He smiled to himself, imagining her sprawled out in her sleep. He set his staff and cloak by the door and went to see if Svet was home, and had to try hard to keep himself from laughing out loud when he did. There she was, sprawled out on a couch in pretymuch exactly the same way he was just imagining his daughter would be. Like mother like daughter, he supposed. The smell of thistle hung around in the air, and she looked sound asleep. Mustve been a pleasant afternoon.

Careful not to make any noise with two sleeping ladies in the house, Duroxas went over to the cooking area to grab some quick dinner. Suffice to say the place was a wreck; He used that part of the house for alchemy often as well, and everything from cups and spices to jars of eyes and test tubes littered the shelves around the cauldrons and fire pit. One thing stuck out like a sore thumb, though; a box, slightly ajar with, of all things, a wonderful looking key lime pie on the inside!

He looked the box over hungrily. There were no “Do not eat this Duroxas” notes scrawled on it, and the warlock grinned knowing it was fair game.

“A slice before heading out again wouldn't hurt anyone” he whispered to himself as he plated up a slice, grabbed a fork and took a considerable bite.

Five, maybe six seconds passed before Duroxas noticed that something was wrong. Very suddenly, he felt like his mouth, throat and stomach were on fire, and the pain wasn't stopping there. He tried to shout out in confusion, an attempt to wake his sleeping wife, but it was as if his head was going numb; his senses started to shut down and get fuzzy, his throat practically stopped working entirely.

In desperation, he threw the glass plate down onto the wood floor as his legs gave way to the poison before be began to black out...
Svetlaena

Unread post by Svetlaena »

The sound of the plate crashing to pieces woke the drug-slumbering Professor out of a bizarre dream. She snapped up into a sit, shouting out, slurring, "Get those gnomish hookers outta my lab!"

There were, in fact, no gnomes... and she wasn't in her lab either, Svetlaena started to put it all together as she looked around. Her head spun and she raised a hand as if to cup her forehead, but found a stick of ashes still lodged between her fingers that she last remembered being a freshly-lit cigarette. One touch and it disintegrated into ash over the designated tray on the table.

Oh man. What woke me up? I'm -so hungry-...

No noise from upstairs. Her daughter was a hard sleeper; Svetlaena supposed she had to be what with all the chaos her parents drug around with them.

Her eyes trailed over to the pie-- a slice had been cut from it and she smirked. No treat left out in the open in this household was safe from any of its denizens. Ah, but where was the elusive pie-snatcher? The Professor picked herself up from the couch and retrieved a bare plate of her own; it wouldn't hurt to have a snack while she looked for him.

She didn't see Duroxas on the floor beside the table until she came around that side to look for the knife to cut a piece with, and she'd nearly tripped over him too. Carelessly discarding her dish she was on her knees at his side in a flash, eyes wide in shock, trying to keep her cool. Mustn't upset the little girl upstairs. Terrified, shaking hands checked for a pulse, then calmed slightly upon finding one. Quick and erratic, however. She lay him out on his back, and put an ear to his chest... not breathing.

Limited time to act. Svetlaena scrambled on all fours over to her field kit and dragged it back with her, dumping the contents out on the floor and setting frantically to work.

Still exhausted from the ordeal twenty or so hours later, the infuriated Professor was at the gates of Orgrimmar.

"I miss my Supplicant," Bryii Dawnsorrow's voice came over her communicator and Svetlaena's hand tensed on the reins of her hippogryph. 'From the Inquisitors', the note in her pocket read. Taking a deep breath she raised the device close to her lips and held down the button. She would get to the bottom of this.

"Funny you should mention that..."
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

Deep inside the sewers of the Undercity, the little rogue sat in a small cave that she once called home, pondering the events of the meeting, events of the recent past, and events from the more distant past, so long ago that most of the Grims present tonight weren't even around to witness them. In fact, Ohoye had been a Grim longer than most of the people there tonight. Even he probably understood the wrongness of that promotion!

She knew she should have killed that messenger. How else could Ashenfury have found out who sent the pie? Unless Anaie had gotten drunk one night and told someone. No, it was probably that messenger.

That's what we get for being creative, she thought. They should have stuck with the tried and true method. Although, she didn't think Svet would have fallen for that trap as easily as Cessily and Lovely had.

And now she was a full Grim. Syreena couldn't blame Ashenfury though, not really. He wasn't there. He didn't know when it felt like to watch fellow Grims suffer and die in those circumstances.

So, according to what Ashenfury said tonight, Duroxas ate the pie instead. Sy hoped he was important to Svet. She hoped he suffered, and she especially hoped that Svet was there to see him suffer. She was probably able to heal him though. The few times Syreena had seen Duroxas, he didn't seem to have any lasting effects of anything.

Freaking elves.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

"How rude!" Anaie fumed as she read her sister's note.

The rogue took the green demonic eye out of her pocket and set it on the table gently, allowing the ever present slime to form a little basin for it to rest in. Turning her blindfolded gaze upon the foul thing she commenced her conversation with it, "Kin ya believe it? She just gave sometin' given ta 'er to someone else. I mean, dat is just wrong. I didn't much care fer 'er before, but re-giftin sometin' dat I poured my 'eart an soul into? Rude."

Anaie sat for a moment in silence, and looked at the eye (as best one can with a blindfold on). "I can't believe ya got nuttin ta say now... It was yer idea in da first place. Ya call yerself powahful. Psh... Ya ain't nuttin but tasty." The rogue popped the eye into her mouth and continued to talk to herself. "Seemths to me... dat Iffin' an elfthy can't be handlin' a thimple thomach ache, den 'e ain't fit ta be Grimth anyways... bethideth... Hmmm" *spits the eye into her palm and holds him up close to her face, "Aye, brilliant... dats a good brain ya gots on ya eye! Always tinkin! I knew I kept ya about fer a reason besides yer deliciosity. Syreena DOES gots lots of herbs an flowahs in dat place... I mayhaps of grabbed one as an ingredient tinkin' it would add flavah. Da orcs love me cookin' in Orgrimmah, course dey got strong stomachs."

The rogue pat the eye gently, kissed it and slipped it back into her pocket. She got word from one of her contacts that Duroxas was lingering about in Dalaran, and it was time the Breen twins had some more fun...

"Oh sistah..." she chimed sweetly ovah her stone. "Play time."

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.