To My Fellow Grim - Assistance Needed

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Mortinella

To My Fellow Grim - Assistance Needed

Unread post by Mortinella »

To the Grim,

Recently I was enlisted to help the Tauren at Hunter's Hill in the Southern Barrens rid themselves of the alliance scum who dare use our path from the Southern Barrens to Stonetalon Mountains, the nerve of them!

Anyways, while killing an alliance footman, I felt the power of the magic fill my bones with such force and exhilaration, that for a brief moment, I thought I had become flesh and blood again!

I have never felt this way before so I decided to seek my master trainer, Rupert Boch, in Brill, Tirisfal Falls so see if he knew what was going on.

I traveled across the Maelstrom to the Eastern Kingdoms.

I found my trainer in the Inn of Brill.

He congratulated me on my progress thus far, and informed me that the feeling I felt was normal. He went on to explain how I had surpassed the threshold needed to now be able to learn an entirely new school of magic. I was thrilled with this news!

However, in order to do this, I would need purchase another manual.

I admit, I felt a bit cheated. He was my trainer after all! Wasn't he supposed to just give me this information? But then again, he is trying to make a living too and I suppose we all need that. He assured me that the price was a lot cheaper than his earlier days. Although, as I thought about it, he had charged me for all my training manuals thusfar, so I decided to give him the gold for another manuscript.

He taught me a magic spell in order to move my mind seamlessly between the two specifications.

He told me that I could choose between the same three talents he mentioned in my early days as a beginning warlock. and explained the benefits of each.

This is where I seek the help of you, fellow Grim comrades. Currently I have practiced the art of destruction through fire, however; I've noticed while fighting the alliance in battle, they been able to escape much of my magic. The fire spells I have learned take several moments to cast and unfortunately, when in battle, I need quicker spells to effectively kill. Otherwise, I get too exhausted and the alliance have an upper hand.

Therefore, I implore you, my fellow Grim comrades, which talent specialization shall I commit myself to learning?

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.

Peace through annihilation,

Mortinella
Apprentice of the Fel Arts
Specialty: Destruction through fire
Pincus

Re: To My Fellow Grim - Assistance Needed

Unread post by Pincus »

I have always advocated my pupils to follow one of two lines of study.

First, fire is merely the toy of those fools from Dalaran. The coolness of shadow is much more... satisfying. Also, as an advantage, you can quickly focus your efforts to multiple victims with great ease. However, while the death is much more satisfying and efficient, it is slower, and not for those who lack patience.

However, as someone not fully versed in your studies, I also found, when I was younger, that controlling my demons to the best of one's ability has it's...advantages as well. First, most Alliance do not appreciate an axe in their backs. Second, your ability to...take abuse, so to speak, is much improved. Remember, you do very little service to us dead.

One final thought, what you will do may, and most likely, will change as you learn more. It is also important to know what situations you will find yourself. That, too, should dictate your path.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Master Pincus has the right of it but in the end the choice is dependent on where you find yourself. In the battles for the valleys and gulches you will find the withering death of the School of Affliction to be the most fatal to your foes. When performing tasks and undertaking quests out and about in the wider world it is most convenient to have a Felguard do most of the work for you and thus you would chose to master the School of Demonology.

You speak more of alliance and battle than otherwise though, so clearly disease and shadow and agony are where you should focus your study.

As an aside, he is a bit blinded by his hatred for Dalaran. At its very utmost peaks of execution, fel fires ripped from the nether can do a horrendous amount of damage, even more so than other schools.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Mortinella

Unread post by Mortinella »

Thank you both for your expertise and advice. I only wish I did not have to choose between the three areas of focus! My tutor assures me that my mind is not yet able to learn more than two disciplines at once. He does not know if that will ever be possible. I asked him why not use magic to expand the mind. I mean magic is...well...erm...pretty powerful, is it not?

Oh well, one thing is for sure, as you mentioned Greebo, I do spend a lot of time in the valleys and the gulches, and having something fatal to the alliance is definitely what I'm looking for!

After careful consideration, I have decided to only use fire while gleefully watching it vanquish an alliance settlement from above, while focusing my attention on the shadow, through the School of Affliction.

Also worth noting, as you mentioned Pincus, you are right! The shadow is cool to the touch. I have quite a few burn marks on these brittle bones so perhaps I should give fire a rest, for now. Of course, I still plan to play around with it occasionally.

Your advice is well taken and considered. Thank you brethren.

Peace through annihilation,

Mortinella
Apprentice of the Fel Arts
Specialty: Destruction through fire