Grim research

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Regnanetah
Lost

Grim research

Unread post by Regnanetah »

As many ah ja be knowin, I wa gone a lon time. Some apparanly be wonderin where I was, e'en dough I be remainin in conta via da guilds mailin system. seem ta think I coul ah gone anywhere when all I be doin wa research inta ways we coul true enemy, da bastage varian an da people ah daalliance ah fools. So...da high inquisito be askin me ta show a bit ah my research wit odder grims. So, ere be a page copied fro me reseach journa, an edited so it no longah be in shortan, or in formulae da no all a ja kin be understanin

::page is written in meticulous handwriting, clear and simple::
In my continuing search for weapons, strategies, and methods of waging war upon the foe, I have returned to the old guild halls to rummage around in hope of finding something useful that was not brought with us when we moved into our current residence. While as expected, we were thorough in leaving nothing of use behind, I did find a few odd references to one of our former members, Lupen's, projects. An interesting idea, I decided to do some research on my own into the idea. I quickly broke down the basis of the idea into positive and negative aspects of attempting to sterilize the entire enemy forces.

Negative.
-Time. It would take a very long time to work,
-Coverage. It would require almost complete coverage for such a plan to work, as even a small breeding base could allow them to rebuild, especially in the humans case. Worse then roaches they are.
-Retaliation. Of utmost concern would be ensuring that this could not be used against us. Any such process would need to be directly targeted and unalterable, so as to make it impossible to effect those of a race not int he alliance.

Positive.
-Guarantee of victory. If complete sterilization of the alliance were to occur, while it may still be far off, it would seal their doom. The Humans would be gone within a hundred years, and while the other races would take longer...if one army can replenish it's ranks indefinitely, while the other will never see another reinforcement no matter how long it can stay in the field...then the outcome is certain, even if through attrition.

Much research would need to be done as well.
The details of Lupen's method have been lost with him, and more easily acquirable methods, such as steroids, could prove harmful in the short run. An army of extremely muscled human warriors now in exchange for no more in a hundred years, could damage our cause in territories lost, before they started to grow old and die.

There also remains the transferable question. Most drugs could easily be used against us as against them, biological methods could mutate even if tailored, especially among close relatives, as the blood and high elves are, and magical means are easy to reverse and counter.

In the end, I deemed that such a path, while rewarding in the long run if it could be completed, was most likely to be far more dangerous than profitable, and the time spent turning that around would best be used in other areas.