The Purge

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Zahak

The Purge

Unread post by Zahak »

"Following without thought is weak."

Those words hammered in his head time and again. What was asked of him was simple, but the true implication of the task is what’s really making him uneasy:

To slay a hundred Knights. On each body, he should carve the words. Those words.

Zahak looks at The Forsaken priestess trying to find her eyes. He ends up only looking at her face.

"Is that all?â€
Ellsbeth

Re: The Purge

Unread post by Ellsbeth »

She was pleased.  Oh so very pleased.  Ellsbeth hung the 100 signets up in the Guild Hall, knowing that they would be taken by someone who wanted to gain reputation with the Scryers.  Zahak had done well and for that she was pleased.  It was not long before the guild meeting where she could tell the High Inquisitor about Zahak's unflinching loyalty to the Grim.  Proof positive that even a Blood Knight could follow orders from those without long pointy ears.

Just in case she would forget later, she wrote a quick note for Acherontia.

High Inquisitor;

I stand by Zahak and believe he contains the mettle of a Grim.  Without question he set about his task for me.  His mission, to think about who it was he follows and who it is he will follow.  A Grim does not follow blindly, but knows what it takes in the battle to bring about eternal peace.  At any cost, including the lives of those with which he may have trained.

By my tabard, I stand by my choice in promoting him.

Yours sincerely;
Bishop Ellsbeth Moran