Grim Meeting - May 25 - Abric's Speech

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Qabian

Grim Meeting - May 25 - Abric's Speech

Unread post by Qabian »

Audio only.  May have been edited in the scribing process.

~~

ABRIC: As it always is when we gather Grim... it always accompanies some form of change.  From simple promotions and noteworthy moments of our killers... to the more drastic removal of the weak or replacement of the misguided.  Today is not any different.

When I took... ownership... from Regnanetah, I informed all present that I would give five months to see if I worked to my own satisifaction.  If I did not, then I would remove myself.  If I did, then all would be aware and we would continue on under my well seen hand.  So we are at the allotted time... better than we were, yet not at our full potential.

As we stand here now, it is at a far better look than the last I stood before you.  Last time, individuals were playing with wands and picnic baskets.  They were giggling and throwing rose petals at each ohter... even as Alliance moved down the road towards the Scarlet Monastery.  It was disgusting; a show of the degregation of what we had become, when the full force of the Alliance and other creatures were footnotes in history.

I feel we are better than that now; moving to where we should be.  Yet, we are not there yet.  While blame can be placed at the weakness of the individual, so I placed this on my own shoulders.  So my role as Enforcer is at an end.  Regardless of what needs to be done or what has been done - we move on with another at the front.

Yet, there are some things that must be done, prior to my removal. 

Since the beginning, we have delayed and avoided the title of Harbinger.  Something for individuals to aspire to... yet it has merely become a hollow word with a hollow void that has yet to be filled.  We shall fill it now.  Not with our strongest or our most devout.  Not for individuals with the most wealth in equipment and items... but those who have proven that they are Grim through the test of time.  Individuals who, as I feel, are what we aspire to be.  They are not perfect, nor will they ever be - but what they have done for the Grim is what has made the Grim... the Mandate... a living entity. 

They are chosen by my own hand.  And in the future, they will be chosen by my replacement... and their replacement... and their replacement, until such time as they dead or forgotten as many have. Their position is not permenant, but it is a position and title of action and proof ... moreso than maintenance or temporary heroism.

I have been formulating something of an award... something to show this person above all else, even their own peers.  Yet, that is not something truly I can do; except recognition.  And so this is it; the rest being in their hands.

Muatah.  To my right.  The details of Muatah's prowess is far too lengthy and detailed to provide to everyone here. Yet, those who have fought with him are aware of what he is.  To those of us who were here at the beginning... some would say he is a replacement of an Irredeemable of old.  Yet, he is no creature in anothers shadow - but one that makes his own. From the Necromantic school of Scholomance to the northern reaches of Icecrown - Muatah has proven himself.  Muatah, you will be known as a Harbinger of the Grim. And, in the future, you will earn your title with words from your new leader.  I can give you many - yet we shall let fate decide what Truth it will be.

Lascivious, to my right.  I am not one driven by emotion... yet at times emotion does reach my soul.  You are one to bring that; feelings of hate and disgust at your peasantry and ... lower upbringing.  Yet, regardless of your innate weakness - the Dark Lady has seen you do many things for her and the Horde.  From a killer to the Mistress, you have proven that all of us can aspire to be far more than what we were born as.  Regardless of decisions made or ... the past - no one can truly speak of a time in the Grim where you were not somewhere in the front.  That means something - far more than anything else in this land.  While you are already known as the Mistress, and another title means little to your ability... it is given nonetheless.  So that those who are new to our fold are aware of what you are - and what you have done.  You will be known as a Harbinger...

Gurthoira.  To my right.  The Grim has seen many Blood Knights within its fold since your kind has joined the Horde.  Yet, what separates you and most others is that you are still here... you are not pregnant... and you have yet to cry and plead for forgiveness of where you drew your power or what you did with it.  What you did, you did for a goal.  Our goal... your goal.  While we have each done this - it means far more from a Blood Knight... a Blood Knight who has stepped above his fellows to do what truly must be done.  Much has been asked of you ... and you have delievered with little to no complaint.  If our role was merely to tend fields or field cattle - that would not mean much.  Yet, we are in the killing business - and you ensure those who kill are alive.  You have done that for a considreable time.  I expect you to do it for considerable more.  And, one day, when Truth comes to you - I am sure your decision has already been written.  You will be known as a Harbinger of the Grim.  The title you choose will be yours and our new leaders to decide.

Kelven.  To my right.  As I've already said my fill on Blood Knights, I do not need to repeat it to you, Kelven.  As Gurthoira, you are one of the few who have lasted... who have proved themselves above petty ambitions and childish concepts that border the thoughts of the Alliance of Man.  You have died more times than most.  You have been brought back from the dead only to be thrown back into the face of creatures far larger, far more powerful, and far more plentiful than yourself.  Yet, you stand here before us ... without being a gibbering madman at what you have seen and what has been done to you.  Only the orcs Bloodscream and Skash and the tauren Guduk have been with us as long as you have in the critical role you play.  I expect you to continue your task, and I expect you to be a model for the others to see... to stand in the front, regardless of the odds - to trust in others to keep you alive.  And most importantly - to know that your own well being means little to the whole.  You will be known as a Harbinger of the Grim.  Your title will be yours to decide, alongside our new leader.

Xarja.  To my right.  Xarja, there are perhaps only six individuals in this gathering that are aware of everything you have done for the Grim.  Most things you have done, you did without our tabard... yet under our banner.  Alongside Grainger, Regnanetah, and Razev - you were a mage that kept us alive against the Elemental Lords.  You were one of the mages whose portals kept us from being slaughtered within Stormwind and Ironforge. And even now, it is your powers that see that Cristok's work be done successfully... that the Grim's work is done successfully.  While there are some who may question your dedication or your desires - know that I do not; for even in situations that were not advantageous for yourself, as a mercenary, you took the call.  And regardless of what oath or saying you did go by... it was Grim that you have stayed.  You will be known as a Harbinger of the Grim.  Your title will be of your own choosing, along with the decision of our new leader.

Thalevia.  To my right.  In a gathering of opinionated killers and talkative creatures - it is a blessing to know one who is aware of what silence is.  Your own activities truly became known when we started to pick up our killings of the Alliance; attacking their cities and their capitals.  It became known that, among the dozen warlocks that were active and participating in our ventures... you were the only one that was truly prepared before they were asked.  While it was overlooked for some time - never do we take inaction as inattention.  You have filled in where needed... you have been prepared when asked at a moments notice - a utility that many people have yet to learn.  A utility that puts you above many of your fellow warlocks.  In the future, that will be needed - both as an asset of the individual and a trained skill to the whole.  You will be known as a Harbinger of the Grim.  Your title will be of your own choosing, alongside the guidance of our new leader.

Aquizit, to my right. Eagerness is its own reward and talent... And that eagerness has seen you to be in a select ... gathering... of Grim. What you do now has only been done by three others - two of which are not present with us at this moment.  Regardless of what some may say and what others may direct to - you have taken the step to be the lead... you have taken the unfortunate and typically fatal role as being the Steward's ... aide. As he has not killed you yet, it means you have been successful. While the Steward's presence and attention to other matters rivals my own - he has left you in his stead to see to all creatures that do not fall under the banner of the Alliance of Man.

Yet, you will be a Dreadweaver.  A title to fit the aide of the Steward - the leader of Grim both past and present.  It is you that I will look to, Aquizit, to ensure that we succeed.  And if we do not - then I will kill you; and your failure will be a warning to the rest.

AQUIZIT: .. R-right.

ABRIC: There are many others who are not present here, who have earned their rank of Harbinger.  Each one will receive their speech at a future time, as to speak of someone not present is useless indeed.  Bloodscream, Duranor, Gex, Kiaralansee, Malstrom, Sammuel, Yichimet, Grolish, Guduk, Kharzak, Mohan, Regnanetah, and Skash.  All have proved, both in the past and the present, that what they do is for the Grim and the Grim alone.  They have all earned their place; past their mistakes and with their successes - to be those who should idolize... that we should take notice - and we should learn from.

Some of you are not named - yet that does nothing to see ill of you.  Your time is not yet to come.  Be it in length of service or through a notable achievement.  While many of you have done what you do for the Grim... this title is not given lightly.  And you can speak to most any who have it now - that their patience is truly their greatest strength.

A Harbinger is not something to achieve for - it is something that you will become.  Continue what you do, Grim... and in time, those in my position will recognize it for what it is truly worth.

Syreena.  To my right.  You have been Grim since you have first taken the Call of the Horde, yes?  From Maledictus to myself... was it we who you served, or was it the Mandate?

SYREENA: The Mandate.  Always.

ABRIC:  As in many times in the past, we are at a hill to overcome.  Threats from both inside and outside seek to destroy us.  The world becomes ever maddening, as more of more of the Horde fall prey to the Gibbering Madness.  Our numbers dwindle, our Irredeemables and Dreadweavers change... those from the beginning dwindle to a handful and those who are new are unsure and inexperienced to handle the storm.

Are you prepared to lead this?  To bring us to our greatest potential... or be the bearer of our disappearance?

SYREENA: I am.

ABRIC: Then it is yours, Syreena.  Until such time as you are killed or replaced by one stronger.
Yichimet

Re: Grim Meeting - May 25 - Abric's Speech

Unread post by Yichimet »

(( Thank you! ))
kiaralansee

Re: Grim Meeting - May 25 - Abric's Speech

Unread post by kiaralansee »

(( I wasn't able to attend this, but thank you as well!))
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/kiaralansee2.jpg[/img]