Grim Meeting - May 2 - Goblin Transcript

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Qabian

Grim Meeting - May 2 - Goblin Transcript

Unread post by Qabian »

Audio only.  May have been edited in the scribing process.

~~

QABIAN: It has been an eventful few weeks, Grim, to say the least.  Much time has been spent learning from new challenges and new mistakes, but even amongst the distractions of chocolate and children, we have indeed been learning. Our reticent Steward was encouraged enough to come out and observe one of Cristok's tournaments.

We have made little progress with breaking open the secrets of Ulduar as a collective yet, but the strike team that entered just this past week was unexpectedly successful with the new enemies it faced.

AQUIZIT: *huffs* Unexpectedly?!

QABIAN: The Alliance have been very busy reminding us that they are not yet dead.  We have been learning, though, according to what I heard about last night's interference with their... event, hmm, Executioner?

ANGAROTH: *murmurs* Do not press the big red button.

XUREK: Zug zug.

Just a few of us last night started a patrol in the Northrend areas.  When we came across a mounted race most of the colors of Fordragon and Fabled Order and a few others nothing of note.

KHARZAK: *mutters to Angaroth* The SHINY, big red button.

XUREK: Other Grim and Blood Moon were called to aid and many answered.  We kept up with them across all the main areas from east to south back to their finishing point which was Valiance Keep.  We kept it moving and together took out many of the racers but the most important area was the Keep.  They were outnumbered and hid in the Keep well within the city.

The Grim and Blood Moon kept them down within the Keep. We all moved together as a unit and it was a grand moment in time. Many bodies laid waste but none of ours.  No need to run out.  We walked out and left them wanting.  Be proud, Grim and Blood Moon. They needed the put down.

QABIAN: Excellent.

As for other matters, the Malebrignon has returned.  He cannot be here to share his story in the present, but what exactly happened to him is something he is expected to share in time, and for those who remember him, he is a resource for us once again.

AQUIZIT: Huh. That's a title?

QABIAN: Acherontia has... lost herself.  She is not expected to return.

SYREENA: How do you lose yourself?

QABIAN: The details are immaterial, except in so far as Nymare has taken up the task of leading the Inquisition.  However, she does not require your congratulations.  What you will give to Nymare is your respect, your hard work, your communication, and your cooperation at all times, whether or not it is asked of you. She has done much for the Grim in her time with us, and all of us will take that into consideration, especially those who are new, whose duty it is as Minions is to work to meet her standards.  She is there for those learning to ask questions, so if you have them, ask her.  Staying quiet helps no one.

We have some new with us.  This is your chance to introduce yourselves. Triplets?

NEHAU: I'm Nehau! Shaman, and all.

TEHAU: Hiya, Tehau here. Just wanted to uh say that I'm super stoked to be Grim again. Rogue here. Aw yeah!

DEHAU: Uhh, I'm Dehau.  Bwaha! Oh. A warrior.

COYOTL: *murmurs quietly* Interesting...

QABIAN: Sylvea?

SYLVEA: I'm Sylvea. Mostly referred to as..rogue.

QABIAN: Lorgalis?

ANGAROTH: Speak up. Can't hear you.

QABIAN: So verbose when he needs to be, but not today.  Fair enough.

Alone, each Grim has a duty to the Mandate.  However, together, we are capable of being that much stronger, but only if we learn to work together.  Our differences are many and strong, but in the coming weeks, we will learn just what we can accomplish as a collective, and we will succeed.  Failure is not an option.

Mount up, Grim, and follow me.  I have something to show you.  If we encounter Alliance unshielded by pacts, attack them on sight, but do not chase them into an ambush.

ANGAROTH: Do we wait for stragglers?

QABIAN: We're stopping here.

Some of you probably already know of this place, but for those who do not, it is called the Master's Glaive.  As you can see, the cults that infest the world in the name of the Old Gods wallow in their history here as well.  Ulduar has been opened to us.  Whether or not this is due to misconduct by the Alliance yet again, the dangers faced within as concerns our duty as Horde and as Grim is clear.  Destroy everything that threatens to stand in our way.

Aquizit took us through the Qiraji temples as a reminder of just what sort of enemy we are facing.  While he said little enough of relevance while we were there, the outcome remains the same: what we face in these "Old Gods" can be defeated and controlled as anything else.

Do any of you know the story of this skull and the weapon within it?

SYREENA: No.

ANGAROTH: Know? Or have been told by others who were not there?

KHARZAK: Likely I know it and forgot it among the many other things I've known over the years.

AQUIZIT: I know...

QABIAN: Whatever you know...  What have you been told, Angaroth?

ANGAROTH: The weapon - plunged by ... Sargeras was it? Into the skull of an Old God.

QABIAN: Is that what you know, Aquizit?

ANGAROTH: The ruin that act spawned frightened the them.

KHARZAK: Odd that an old god would be killed by Sargeras.  It seems that they would be something he might promote.

AQUIZIT: What I was going to say is that this is the Old God that died... This is how the Titans found out about the "Curse of Flesh" and how it's tied to most of the Alliance races

QABIAN: Mm, there are a lot of... odd tales around this place.  In light of... all of this, Grim, I want you to find for me any information, recollections, or recounted events regarding the Old Gods. We will add everything we discover to our library of knowledge, and use whatever we learn to bring Peace through Annihilation to even the darkest mysteries of our world.

ARAUN: *speaking quietly to himself* It lies in shadowed Darkshore, not dead - but only dreaming.

KHARZAK: The old gods are tied to the world.  Destroying them would destroy the world.  Think of them as a basic aspect of life itself.

QABIAN: But for now, we move on the Exodar.  Our first goal will be the squidprophet Velen's demise.  Our second goal will be havoc. Keep in mind, we may find little resistance, extreme resistance, or something in between, dependent on how closely we are being watched, and there are many eyes on us these days, many of which are not friendly to our cause and our methods.

ANGAROTH: They are not from here, any more than the Titans are. Their grip can be loosened, surely.

QABIAN: Yes... not from here.  We will be following Rethsil's orders.