On Fire

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Peji

On Fire

Unread post by Peji »

"Why are you in the Grim, mama?" 

Peji lifted her head to the sound of her daughter's voice speaking her almost fluent orcish to her.  She wiped soot from her forehead and off her tusks.  In troll she responded. "I do what I want, girl." Her daughters spoke orcish with little accent.  Peji wished they would keep a bit of the accent so they did not seem smarter. 

Yenene switched into troll.  "Mama. I really don't know what you're doing here.  Or what you're trying to prove.  But nobody trusts you.  I certainly don't."

"You do what you want, child.  Carry your little green doll around and be scared. Mama's gone further than you.  Are you jealous?"

Yenene gritted her jaw and Peji knew she had won a victory on her weakest, snivelling child.  It was not the first time she regretted finishing the pregnancy for Yenene.  Nature lover and miserable excuse for a troll.

Yenene snorted. "No. I'm not jealous."

"Then go do something useful. Make me some gems, brat."  Peji turned back to the forge and she thrust the poker in to pull out the weapon she had been working on before Yenene interrupted.  It was a good minute or so before Yenene got the hint and Peji heard her leave, snivelling like the little brat she was.