Late in the winter

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Gex

Late in the winter

Unread post by Gex »

Late in the winter..  I feel, I know I must rest.  Sweet sleep calls to my still alert ears past my tired eyes and exhausted breath.

It is time to rest.  "I must rest" I say, as I sleepily sneak softly purposefully towards some form of shelter for my body while I drift into deep slumber like the snow drifting and finding its place to rest.

zzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZ
May the morning find you with a smile.
Yemana
Lost

Re: Late in the winter

Unread post by Yemana »

Last edited by Yemana on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Yichimet

Re: Late in the winter

Unread post by Yichimet »

Yichimet sat on the overlook of a large cliff in the Howling Fjord, feeling the gusts of wind rake through his fur. Here the spirits' cries were drowned out by the wind. Far below, miles away, a fog sat densely over the trees. Swirls of mist pushed above the treetops: signs.

A crystal tree breaks. Branch is spear in giant's hands. Through the heart of a seal, the red cloud spreads.

In the Tundra he stood looking down on the steam fields. A stringy wolf scrabbled to the top of a cliff opposite him and let loose a deep, rounding howl that did not match its body. The sound spread like a net over the area, making it seem even the clouds stopped to listen. A geyser belched steam, a cloud of portent.

A hut of light. Pine cone, pine seed, sap-stained linen cloth.

He awoke from a nightmare in the hut in Grizzly Hills' small taunka camp. Yemana slept soundly next to him. He stepped outside, his breath a ghost in front of him. Everywhere he turned he read the signs: something of death was waking.

Her hand on his shoulder. Her hand on his throat. Bone fingers, a mean scraping. An empty leather bag, bottomless, hungry.

He turned to the north. He could not see them, but there the mountains stood tall. In the morning he would go to them.
Last edited by Yichimet on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.