Unlove

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Frain

Unlove

Unread post by Frain »

(( This is the story of Frain and Necrosis, by both of us, copied from old forums. And added to of course. ))

*Necrosis arrived at the inn in Brill, after finishing some experiments on the Scarlets in the Monastery nearby. He was almost chipper, the screams still ringing in his ears was delightful. He ascended the steps of the inn and opened the door to the room he shared with his wife, Frain. At first he couldn't see her, the room was piled high with bolts of silk and mageweave. Patterns were strewn on the floor, amongst thread and tubs with dyes in them. He rounded a corner, and saw her, his eternal bride, frantically sewing some silk together. She pricked her finger as he watched, giggling to herself and sucking at the wound. She felt his presence, looked up and squealed as she ran to his arms. *

"Well, should I even ask how much of our gold you spent today dearest?" Necrosis chuckled kissing her roughly and swatting her backside playfully.

"Um, no! " Frain laughed, madness flickering across her face "I was so lucky today, that rare pattern, was in the Auction House, the purple silk shirt one! Finally it is mine, you should see the orders I need to fill! Who knew a bunch of orcs, trolls and undeads would be so fashion conscious!" Frain twirled around , grabbed his hand and led him to another corner. There she had her "model" , which right now was some unfortunate night elf female, dead as a door nail, propped up against the wall. The model was wearing one of the rich purple silk shirts.

"See , isn't it a lovely shirt! " Frain twirled around again , then stopped and looked long at her husband, " Thank you my husband, for the greatest gift of all......death!" She ran to her work, and began to sew again.

Necrosis wondered what she had meant by that..........he wasn't responsible for her death..........was he? He shook his head thinking to himself "no, it was the plague that killed her".  He went downstairs to sit by the fire and think on this. As he watched the flames dance, he decided it was time to try to remember. He had been so engulfed in their new life together, that he had kept memories at bay.

He concentrated , and tried to think back, back to when they were simply a Physician and a Seamstress............
Last edited by Frain on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Re: Unlove

Unread post by Frain »

*The chaotic dance of the flames brought Necrosis to an earlier time.  To a time of panic and fear, something he had not felt for a very long time*

“We have brought a sample from the hidden caldron in the north sire, we sealed it in this bottle as you instructedâ€
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

*Frain sits in the Inn, working on those bags for warlocks to fill with souls, as she listens to the crackle of the fire, she doses and dreams of a time before *

"Mistress Frain, excuse me , Mistress Frain, " the young man stood trying to get the attention of the seamstress. Finally , seeming to put the last stitch on what she was working on, the lovely tailor looked up. The young mans heart skipped a bit, he had to remind himself this woman was married.

"Master has sent me, he said you would perhaps have my vestments finished, although if you do not, I can stop by again later..." Frain smiled at him, noticing with amusement how he fidgeted and blushed. She was used to it, she had many admirers, she just wished the biggest was her husband. Lately, he was so preoccupied with his work. No matter how she fixed herself up, it would go unnoticed. Sometimes he even stayed out all night, working on whatever it was , he didn't have time to talk to her these days either.

Frain shook herself out of her thoughts, and turned to the task at hand. Reaching up on a shelf, she took the package there and handed it over .

The young man's hand lingered a bit on hers, he turned an even deeper shade of red, coughed and thanked her . "If you need more altering, please come back. " As he walked briskly away, Frain thought about what she could do this night to maybe catch her husband's eye.

*A knock at the door brings the undead tailor back, she answers it to find a customer wanting their order. After tending to the business, Frain sits by the fire, wondering what her dream had meant. Necrosis was so affectionate, almost obsessed with her, was there really a time when he felt differently ? *
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

The Horde soldiers moans filled her ears, the place reeked of death. Not that that bothered Frain, but turning beautiful Runecloth into bandages to patch up gore did*

"Frain, you are moving too slow, you must bandage the men faster!" Dr. Gregory , trauma surgeon stationed in Hammerfall, barked orders at her, while Necrosis and him whispered to each other out of her ear shot. She did not want to fail , she wanted to do this for the Grim , and to perhaps make Necrosis more proud of her. As she was lost in her thoughts, the soldier she was working on died, a nice enough orc she supposed.

"Damnit Frain, you must do better! " The tone of her husbands voice was not something she heard often. Most of the time, he whispered to her, told her constantly how wonderful she was, how much he loved her. But now, he was clearly upset, which made her stop bandaging the men, and sit with a pout on her face.

Seeing her reaction, Necrosis left his colleague to tend to his distraught wife. "Frain, my darling wife," He cupped her small hands in his. " you must finish this task. It is most important for you to be able to tend to wounds, when I cannot. I know you think it is a waste of fabric, but you must trust me ! "

Those words.........you must trust me.........Frain had heard them before....she became lost in a vision of a time long ago.

* Frain was alive again, in the old home. Her husband the physician came home , seems one of his many patients could not pay the bill, and instead had given them freshly baked bread instead. Frain included it with the normal meal, though it smelled different then usual*

"Are you sure this bread is good, it has a peculiar smell ....." Her husband, head in a book even as he ate, looked up momentarily. "Yes it is fine! Are you so spoiled now that you cannot appreciate anothers hard work! " He scowled at her and went back to reading. Frain put a lot of butter on the bread, maybe that would help. Absently she notices that he has not had any of the bread himself.

*flash*

*Frain is lying in bed, she has been sick for some time. Her husband is beside her , journal in hand , he is taking down notes it seems.*

"So, how do you feel today Wife ? " He looked at her with intense eyes, she had to admit , at least he was paying attention to her.

"Horrible, and I cannot keep any food in my stomach.....yet I am so very hungry. Please ....can you get me some water ? " Her throat was so dry.

"Yes yes, in a minute. Now, tell me about the pain Wife ..... how has is changed since yesterday?" He took notes as she described her symptoms.

"You will be able to cure me won't you my Husband ? I have heard rumors of a plague...others have died. " Frain looked at him with utter faith.

" Of course I can, I am a great physician! But you must trust me....now I am going to draw some more blood, there are more tests I must conduct "

*Frain opened her eyes, back in Hammerfall. Necrosis was asking her if she was alright. *

"Alright.....am I alright! " She let out a terrrible screech. " The bread, you didn't eat any of it that night did you ! Why not ? And I got sick, not long after eating it.....and you were almost excited about it.........you questioned me about my sickness.....you told me you would cure me.......YOU WATCHED ME DIE! "

Frain runs out of the building tearing at what is left of her hair. How could he , how could he have been so cruel and unloving ?  Did he infect her himself just to use her as a human subject ? Her mind can't seem to comprehend the betrayal, she heads to the Inn , wondering if she will ever be able to face him again.
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

Necrosis sighed and watched coldly as Frain hysterically ran out of the ward.

Necrosis turned to the surgeon and bowed "You must excuse me doctor it seems my bride has had another of her delusions, I must deal with her."

Dr. Gregory nodded "You have my leave Necrosis, please return with her when she is well."

Calmly Necrosis followed after Frain into the Inn. Upstairs he found her sobbing quietly in a hammock. Focusing on his troubled bride Necrosis sharpened his mind, inhaled deeply and violently forced his mind into hers taking control…

Swimming in her mind Necrosis thought to Frain "Hmmm, where is it my love? Where is that memory?"

Frain sprang from the hammock screaming "NO!!!! NO!!!! Not again, No not again". Dropping to the floor writhing in pain "Get out, no get out. Please…" tears streamed down Frain’s cheeks, quietly muttering "Please, not again…" before passing out…
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

*The Horde soldiers moans filled her ears, the place reeked of death. Not that that bothered Frain, but turning beautiful Runecloth into bandages to patch up gore did*

"Frain, you are moving too slow, you must bandage the men faster!" Dr. Gregory , trauma surgeon stationed in Hammerfall, barked orders at her, while Necrosis and him whispered to each other out of her ear shot. She did not want to fail , she wanted to do this for the Grim , and to perhaps make Necrosis more proud of her.

She worked furiously, as her loving husband cheered her on. One by one the wounded Horde got up and proclaimed themselves well. After the last one, Frain sits on the ground laughing , " I did it! Yay I am a doctor too now! " She giggled , Necrosis came over to her and offered his hand. Gently pulling her up he kissed her and whispered how proud he was of her in her ear......she was happy that he was pleased with her performance.

"Love, you deserve a trip to the Auction House, perhaps we can find you something new! Let us head to the Undercity and celebrate!" As he watched her Necrosis smiled to himself.
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

Watching proudly as his lovely bride walked off preparing to open a portal. Necrosis turned to the surgeon.

“Yes, her delusions are becoming more frequent and unfortunately more unpredictableâ€
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

*Frain quietly works on a new dress design, accidentally pricking her fidgetting model*

"Novea, pet, please do not fidget!" Frain patted the tiny blood elfs head and continued to work. Things had been good since Necrosis told her they could return to the Grim. There were many that did not remember them, and some that did. The ones that did, made her welcome again. It was the closest she felt to being in a family, so that made her happy.

Shortly after they returned to the Hall , Necrosis brought her a gift, a companion , a blood elf named Novea. Her partner Ayloc was charged with many tasks for Necrosis, but Novea was hers. Sometimes she would just have her read to her, sometimes she would go out hunting with her, she enjoyed watching the young rogue stalk her prey. Frain wondered what Necrosis had over these two blood elfs to keep them in service, but knew that wasn't her business.

A knock at the door, Frain gestured for Novea to open it. A strikingly handsome blood elf stood there. Novea's face lit up, and she stood on her tippy-toes to lay a kiss on his lips. The rogue blushed, and cleared his throught.

"Lady Frain, I was sent on a mission to .... visit the Dalaran wizards that are still in the area. I recovered this for you, and hope you like it. " Ayloc took Novea's hand and they crept away together.

Frain walked over to the box he had put on the table. Lifting the lid, there she saw a lovely robe, of purple with a large eye on the front. Frain felt a hint of recognition, though it was fleeting. She would have to ask Necrosis about it....
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

* Frain walked down to the basement of the Gallows End, she knew her husband ... spent time...down there these days. As she crept down the stairs, she saw him flaying the mind of some creature. It was hard to tell who or what race it was, her husband had destroyed the figure with his shadow magics. Satisfied , Necrosis let the lifeless body drop to the floor at last. Noticing his bride, Necrosis' demeanor changed. He came out of his shadowy form , and his face softened with love. *

"Ah, my dear wife. What is it that you track me down here? " Lovingly he stroked the bone that was her cheek.

"I recieved a robe from Ayloc, he said he got it from Dalaran wizards. This seems familiar, what does it mean?" Frain placed a kiss on his cold lips.

" I wonder my love, are you ready to remember? It may be very difficult and painful to remember, I try to .... keep you from such ..... discomforts." Tenderly he took her hand , and lead her up the stairs once more, away from the mess he had made.

" I am , I feel stronger these days. The trip with the Grim to the Serpentshire Cavern was very entertaining, I do love being Grim. " She smiled.

"Then we shall....open up some of your memories. " Necrosis smiled back, and knew there were some memories, she would never know again..... for her sake.
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

*The Highmage walked and talked as fast as he could. This was an unpleasant task to say the least. He looked behind to see if the couple was keeping up , and they were. They came to the end of the very long hallway, and stood before a magically locked door. Soft crying could be heard. Unpleasant business..

“Your daughter has been sentenced to death, she has been a problem for a long time. Her … powers …. are too much for us to deal with, and now she is responsible for tearing a portal that demons have used to come here! Her death will be quick, you may say your goodbyes. “ With a slight hand movement , the enchantment was lifted off the door. The couple moved into the room , and saw their beloved daughter.

She sat in the middle of the room, sobbing slightly, as if she were too tired to cry anymore. At the sound of steps, the young woman looked up at her parents. A long wail escaped her dry lips. Her parents cradled her very thin body and cried.

“ I didn’t mean to , I am so sorry! “ She shook against her mother, who stroked her head lovingly. “ I am sure you didn’t my lovely girl, do not worry, we will get you out of here. “ At that the older woman nodded to her husband who began opening a portal to Lorderan. The guards at the door tried to stop him, but the wife froze them where they stood. The portal ready , the three stepped through. The parents knowing they would die for this. But , their daughter would live on. Now to find the young doctor they had heard of .
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

The couple used magic to conceal themselves as best they could through the busy streets of the City of Lorderan. This young doctor they had heard of , was doing marvelous things with minds…. and so they were risking it all , in hopes that the doctor would take in their troubled daughter. They entered the office , and met the man that would hold Frain’s life in his hands.

He was young, but his eyes were not. Hard… that was a good word to describe this young man, he was very serious looking . Frowning at them for disturbing his work, he demanded to know what they wanted. Frantically they told the doctor the story of their daughter, who just sat there looking off in the distance.

Lovely. That is what he thought of her at first glance. Very, very lovely. He walked around her, listening of her powers as a frost mage, her death sentence, and how she couldn’t be allowed to use her magic, or to know who she was. Lovely, full lips, ample hips, her skin was so soft, he touched her hand. Her hair, as golden as the sun, ended at her tiny waist. Cleaned up and fed, a nice dress, she would be gorgeous. A trophy, another accomplishment, the other men would be envious of … yes, he would take on this challenge.

The parents were glad, and thanked him , making him promise to look out for her. She is very innocent, and needs attention, be nice to her.

“Yes , yes, she will be looked after. I will make her forget who she was, she will be only my … wife… yes and a seamstress. “ He smiled, the parents looked at each other, but they had no other choices. Opening a portal, they kissed her goodbye .

The work only took a few weeks, noone gave it a second thought when the young rich doctor suddenly was getting married. Some peasant girl that was very pretty they heard. What a lucky girl! An accomplished seamstress, how interesting.

Frain was a good wife, at least she tried her best to be. She loved working on her weaving , making fashionable clothes for the people of the City. She loved her husband. He was such a good man. He had taken her as his wife, even though she couldn’t remember certain things. She was a lucky girl!
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best
Frain

Unread post by Frain »

This was it, her last moments, he couldn’t fix her this time….

The doctor pulled at his hair, and wailed in agony. His wife woke for a moment, her eyes already dead. “You, did this , why …. all I ever did was love you and be a good wife…you will never forgive yourself, or forget me.â€
Lady Frain
Mom Knows Best