Scalp Hunt Vignettes

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Scalp Hunt Vignettes

Unread post by Elinel »

----Riana----

Scalp Hunt

Grim, many things come and go in our work. Lands, Warchiefs, Lives. As we find ourselves on new hunting fields and I will see the Grim name feared in the Shadowlands. It is only natural that one of our long standing traditions sees us again. The Scalp Hunt. A friendly contest to see who can claim the most Alliance heads. The contest will run from Friday January 22nd to Sunday January 31st. The winner whether they are a long standing member or an eager new supplicant will gain the title of Executioner of The Grim. Granting them a prize of 30,000 gold, an unlimited repair allowance and should the winner be a supplicant count as finishing their trails. 10 gold per scalp will be awarded to everyone joining the hunt.

Additional Prizes:
Second Place: 10,000 gold
Third Place: 5,000 gold

Add your name below to enter.

Happy Hunting,
Riana Bloodfang

(More information here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13157 )
Last edited by Elinel on Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Re: Scalp Hunt Vignettes

Unread post by Elinel »

----Elinel----

It was just after dawn. The sun was rising over Orgrimmar. Elinel walks into the Hunting Shop and surveys the room. She pulls a hammer and an a nail out of her backpack and affixes a list to the wall.

Overtime opportunities available - please sign up below

"I do hope everybody realizes this is the sign up sheet for the scalp hunt. So far there are only 3 names on here..."

Elinel walks over to a crate in the corner and looks inside. "Plenty of room for a small portal." She carefully conjures a small portal that links to the Grim garrison. It's too small to transport a person, but it will work perfectly for transporting scalps and skins from the hunt. She puts the lid back on the crate and in careful lettering writes "Live Spiders" on the crate.
Last edited by Elinel on Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Elinel »

----Riana----

Precious finds her way to the shop before her master. Feet tap taping on the roof of the shop before making her way inside. Settling herself onto the wall and growing very still.

After a few minutes alone with the spider Riana would enter. Wooden box in hand and looking pleased with herself. Bottles and jars chime off of each other inside.

"Looks like you have been adding more improvements. I brought some of my own" After a quick pause to look at the sheet and the slightest moment of a wrinkled nose she added. "More will sign up Tomorrow or else we can mercilessly point out how they have let their work slip"

Riana takes her box behind the counter. She watches Elinel as she takes a palm sized spider from her pocket. One of the Precious brood and opening the box just a little pops the creature inside. Whatever nefarious purpose the contents of the box has would remain unseen. Tucked away under the counter with it's lone guard. Unmarked and unassumin
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Elinel »

----Meriette----

Several hours later Meriette finds herself standing inside a dimly lit shop. The smell of freshly tanned hides permeates the room. Unsure of how she arrived, though not altogether surprised given her tendency to lose herself from time to time, she slowly scans the area taking notice of a parchment tacked to the wall.

Meriette's bony jaw widens revealing her awful grin as she finishes reading. "This will do nicely!"

Withdrawing a greasy black feather from her robe, she dips it carefully into a small jar filled with a foul smelling substance and selects an unmarked space on the parchment to begin writing. "Fellow Grim", it begins.

Once the note is finished, Meriette extracts a pinch of dust from a pouch fastened to her belt and blows it onto her freshly inked lines. The words appear to swirl together momentarily, then transform leaving just a single word, "Meriette".

Satisfied none other than members of The Grim will be able to see the true content of her note, she turns and stumbles back out the door grumbling about the hideous sunlight that always plagues Orgrimmar.
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Elinel »

----Ristikus----

Ristikus entered the shop abruptly, a look of irritation curled over his lips. The slopping sound of his Courser desperately drinking from a water trough quietly echoed from outside the compound. He paused – glancing about the room in search of something. He quietly fumed over the difficulty he had finding the location, having only heard of it in brief descriptions. While Orgrimmar was the pillar of the Horde’s might, the Orcs were certainly not known for their capacity for intuitive city-planning.

A list catches his eye, and he quickly walks towards it – pulling a long sip from a nondescript bottle in his approach. He eyed the list a moment, taking a mental tally of the names included before inhaling sharply, signing his name in a quick and succinct manner. Despite him being in the beginnings of an afternoon of drinking, his signature appeared smooth and crisp. The years of signing correspondence within some conflict or another paid off in some ways after all.
Last edited by Elinel on Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Elinel »

----Qabian----

Qabian had not originally intended to go anywhere near the scalp hunt. It was a chance for others to prove themselves who hadn't already done so a thousand times over, but in escaping the tedium of Oribos, he somehow found himself in the shop then on the warpath with the Grim.

Some time later, he drops a small labeled package into the "Live Spiders" box with an attached note that says:

I have no intention of participating in your little competition. I do not deal in parts. However, if I find any lying around, I will add them to the collective's collection.

Peace through Annihilation

~Qabian
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Elinel »

----Elinel----

Elinel walks into the Hunting Shop and greets today's clerk. "Good afternoon, Emlyne. Have there been many visitors?"

Emlyne's dead eyes look up and a tight grin spreads across her face. She is still getting used to being recently raised and struggles with forming facial expressions with weakened muscle tone. "We've had a few visitors to the Live Spiders box. We've also had a few customers, surprisingly. Thankfully neither overlapped. Though I doubt The Grim would have a problem briefly feigning innocence if they needed to."

"Excellent. I have a few trophies of my own to deposit today." Elinel makes her way over to the Live Spiders box, avoiding stepping on the actual live spider skittering across the room. "I still need to name you, little guy." She tosses what she thinks is a gnome fingertip to the spider and he scurries off behind a crate to eat it. Elinel affixes a label to her bag of poorly harvested scalps and whatnot then drops it into the portal. "I do hope Lupinum woke up. I hope we haven't been pelting him with bags all day."

Elinel walks over to the counter and pulls a small bag out of her satchel that contained two blue and purple cupcakes. She offers one to Emlyne. "These cupcakes are delectable. Thank you again for filling in at the shop last minute like this."

Emlyne attempts to smile and accepts the cupcake. "You're welcome. I'm grateful for a purpose again, Ms. Renn." As Elinel walks out of the shop, Emlyne takes a bite of the cupcake. "I could get used to this."
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Unread post by Elinel »

----Mharren----

Mharren lay in bed, a single candle sputtering on the bedside table. She ran one fingertip under the term ‘Scalp Hunt.’ Part of her was excited by the prospect of the greatest event having coming again...but the other part, the bigger part, was made tired by it.

“A young man’s game,” she murmured, and held the edge of the parchment to the candle.

Mharren’s hunting days were over.