Engineering a Prank

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Engineering a Prank

Unread post by Elinel »

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
In the engineering hut, a short way from the main hall, Ayidda was tinkering with some parts. The young troll's hair was in many small twists atop her head, held with bits of string, bone, and leather, and she had a smear of dark grease across one cheek. She hummed as she worked, and smiled to anyone walking by. ((open))

Feyde/Riana
Riana wanders by the hut giving a friendly enough wave as she passes. After heading off a bit her eyes light up sending her to double back. The smile of someone who is about to do some unspeakable evil crosses her face. "Good morning Miss Ayidda. What are you working on?"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"'Eh dere," Ayidda says, returning the greeting with a half wave from a hand holding a wrench in it. She motioned to a small pile of parts and the project she was working. "Ah be makin' a mechanical scorpion toy."

Feyde/Riana
The hunter raised an eyebrow moving into the hut but not far enough to risk getting any of the tinkerers oil and grease on her. "How cute. What is it for?"

Morrowblood(Mira)/Tweezle/etc
"Spying, probably." Tweezle's voice comes out of the Mechabun 5000 as it hops through the workshop. A small arm comes out of the mechanical rabbit's back, plucks something off of a low shelf, then disappears with its prize back where it came.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"It be just a toy," Ayidda answered, then she blinked at the rabbit robot. "Ah was not makin' it ta spy!" she sputtered, but then thought that might be a good idea.

Mechabun 5000's head tilts one way, then the other. The little thing's eyes iris open wide, then back to a normal aperture. "Well the only other thing it's good for is assassination." There's a hiss through the speaker, then Tweezle adds quickly, "At least that's what I hear. Science, not violence!"

Elinel
“I have a few extra scrying stones laying around if you need one!” Elinel calls from across the courtyard where she was reading a book.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"What be wrong wit' jus' havin' it be a toy, for fun?" the troll asked, puzzled. She didn't discount the other ideas though. They could be useful too.

"Oh! Suuurreee." And you can practically hear the over-sized wink from the goblin in her voice, even through the mechanical rabbit's speakers. "Sure, a toy! For fun! Nothing wrong with that abbbsssooolutely nothing. Not a thing. Why would it be anything else?"

Feyde/Riana
Stays quiet listening to all the toy conspiracies. "A think a toy scorpion would be a bit obvious as an assassination tool. But you are a troll..."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
She looked at the rabbit for a minute. Was the voice making fun of her? Then she frowned, hearing Riana. "What ya mean by dat?"

Feyde/Riana
"I mean it would be less obvious as something suspicious. A scorpion."

"If you can't keep real scorpions--or spiders--DIY is fine." Mechabun 5000 hops over to another shelf and tiny little rocket boosts fire it up, lifting it up halfway. Another small arm comes out of a hatch and snatches a vial, then disappears.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda looked totally confused.

Feyde/Riana
"Are scorpions normal toys for troll children?"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Any kind o' mechanical animal can be a toy," she said, with another glance at the mechanical rabbit. "Unless someone else already be controllin' dem."

Tweezle's laughter comes out of the rabbit, a little bit maniacal.

Feyde/Riana
Riana also seemed to be watching the Bunn's progress around the place. "Where I have two mechanical minds around. Not that this will take much effort. Do you think you could help me with a tiny project?"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Maybe, long as it not be too complicated. Do ya want a toy animal?"

"Anything for you, Spiderlady."

Feyde/Riana
"I mean it could be in the shape of an animal. I just want a noise maker. Preferable with a delay so I don't need to listen to it."

"Likely get smashed so nothing overly complicated or time consuming"

There's a soft hum from Mechabun 5000's speakers, then Tweezle's rattling off questions, "How big, how big a sound, y'want a buzz or a beep or a BLARP? Natural-sounding or screams of the damned or...."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda nodded at the rabbit's questions. She was also going to ask what kind of sound was wanted.

Feyde/Riana
Riana blinked a few times. Hadn't thought that far into the prank. "Well I'll let you decide. You see some of the supplicants have been drinking a lot lately. I wanted a lovely little thing to help them wake up on those oh so trying mornings."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda suddenly had the urge herself to stop for a drink, but hearing the prank, she said nothing of the sort. She only winced for the poor Supplicants. "Ouch, dat shoul' wake dem up, alright. Give dem a headache too."

"So noise.. and... spiders?" There is barely-restrained glee in Tweezle's voice when she asks that.

Feyde/Riana
"Just the noise for now. No need for anything to die"

"Tiny mechanical spiders?"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda scrunched up her nose, twisting the grease mark on her cheek. "Why it gotta be spidahs?"

Feyde/Riana
"I assume it will be smashed fast. They have good reflexes but poor self restraint for wine. Actually it could be attached to a small spider for deployment."

Mechabun 5000 helicopters around, ears spinning as it rotates to face Ayidda. "Why not? She seems to like 'em."

Feyde/Riana
Riana also makes a mental note about the mention of scrying stones for later use.

"They are so useful! Perfect little tools"

Tweezle hmmms then says, "Y'up for a collaboration?" Mechabun 5000's little camera eyes are focused on Ayidda.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Her nose still crinkled in distaste, she looked at the Mechabun and shuddered at the thought of spiders. "Yeah, ah can help make dem."

Feyde/Riana
"Alright. Make me a noise maker I can attach to a small spider. Should make it harder for them to smash right away"

"The kind of sound that would make you panic"

Mechabun 5000's eyes iris closed tight then open again, like a mechanical blink. "I'm not sure I can make the sound of an empty vault, spiderboss."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"We could make dem crawl to da person's nose, den dey punch demself in da face ta smash it."

Feyde/Riana
Covers her mouth with both hands. "Fantastic"

"Heeey! I like this one." There's a distinct sound of appreciation in Tweezle's voice.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda nodded to them both, and took off the tail of the scorpion in progress. "We could change dis to a spidah easy enough."

"How many ya want?"

"More spiders more noise." Tweezle sounds excited now.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Imagine all da little spidahs crawlin' on someone." She shuddered again. "Ah feel sorry for da poor Supplicant gettin' dese."

Feyde/Riana
Has to take a long moment to compose herself. "I really hadn't meant to be soooo evil but... I need to help them stop drinking so much before they kill themselves"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Drinkin' gonna kill dem?"

Feyde/Riana
"A noise maker with the screams of the damned would have been enough."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"What dey drinkin'? Poison?"

"Spider-deploying wine corks..."

Feyde/Riana
"Boat loads of drink."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Wine corks? Ya want dey should shoot wine corks too?"

Feyde/Riana
"Ladies. Lets scale this back. Get on track. Noise maker that is all. For now..."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda looked at the rabbit. "In spidahs."

"Nah. I'm just brainstorming. Y'get some of their favorites. Replace the contents... subtly." And for a brief flash there's a holgraphic image of Tweezle in front of Mechabun's face, her fingers wiggling. "And when they go to open it up and have a big ol swig...."

Mechabun swivels toward Riana. "Sure thing, spiderboss." Then the rabbit hovers closer to Ayidda and Tweezle's voice comes quieter, not quite a whisper, not quite soft enough to only be heard by the troll. "And y'don't do it to every one. Just... some of 'em... so they never know if it's gonna be the good stuff... or the screaming spiders."

Feyde/Riana
Riana is almost in tears laughing at all these ideas.

"I Love the enthusiasm. It makes me want to go crazy and just ask for some of each!"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
The young troll nods slowly as she listens to the wise advice.

"Stick with me, kid. I won't steer you wrong." Mechabun 5000 hovers up to a very high shelf and that little mechanical arm snags something else and tucks it with the other things it picked up, then lowers itself onto the workbench. "How soon y'need it, spiderboss?"

Feyde/Riana
"Spider deployed Remoteadds because why not. These women can make anything noise makers. Whatever noise you want. Surprise me with a few different ones. How fast can you make them? I have a feeling the idiot will drink himself into a stooper Monday night. So that is the preferable deadline for at least one"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda shrugged. "Easy. Ah got nowhere else ta be before tomorrow night."

"Spider-deployed remote noise maker prototype in two days? Sure." There's a brief silence and Mechabun's nose twitches. "Just lemme get to a safe stopping point and I'll be over."

Feyde/Riana
"If you would. I know hard to do with such a thing. But keep all this quiet?"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
A thought crossed her mind. If her boyfriend couldn't drink anymore.... "Uh, who dis be for again?"

Feyde/Riana
"Ristikus"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Ristikus," she repeated, nodding. "Ah won't say a word ta 'im."

Feyde/Riana
"Best not mention it to any of the Supplicants"

Tweezle's, "Ahhh, canon fodder," is muffled by-- something-- on the other side of the speaker, but doesn't sound any less gleeful.

Feyde/Riana
"I imagine he wont be fodder for much longer" sounded a bit ominous

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Why's dat?"

Feyde/Riana
"Probably be a full Grim soon"

"Oh. Uh, and uh, Grim don't let Grim be canon fodder?"

Feyde/Riana
"Generally. No." Peers at the Bun for a long moment.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda gave a strange look at that, but didn't say anything.

There's a scratching sound, through Mechabun's speaker and Tweezle mumbles almost under her breath, perhaps not realizing the mic is still open, "Grim... don't let grimmm be can-non fod-der. Right."

Feyde/Riana
Riana raises an eyebrow giving a glance to Ayidda and back to the bun. Speaking slower and more clearly "Yes. We don't toss away each others lives." but adds a more light hearted. "Mess with them sure"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
She looked at the Mechabun oddly. Then she brushed her hands off together. "Ah will go get some materials we be needin' for dis."

"Toss away?" Tweezle sounds more conversational now. "Oh Maker, no. No no no no no. That would be wasteful."

Feyde/Riana
"What do you do with cannon fodder then Miss Sparkscatter?"

"Trade secret."

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda gave a wave and stepped out, waved to Elinel, and headed for the stables to go in search of the needed materials.

Feyde/Riana
"Well I will leave you to it!" says with a bit of a yawn.

Elinel
Elinel waves to Ayidda and chuckles to herself “Oh this is going to be a fun weekend.”

Feyde/Riana
Riana eyes the bun one last time. Do you say good bye to things like that? Is it rude to just walk away? Realizing she didn't care she headed off. Giving one less smirk to Elinel. "Not a word from you to them!"

Elinel
“I wouldn’t dream of it.” Elinel winks at Riana.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda was in the shop again, putting the finishing touches on another screaming soundbomb spider. She was less cheerful than usual today. Dark circles rested under her eyes, and she squinted any time she looked outside at the bright light out there.

Feyde/Riana
The huntress was in the doorway of the shop without a sound. Two cups of coffee in hand. The smell floating into the work space. A peaceful calm before the noise storm. "Are you done?"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda jumped at the sudden voice, then winced as the movement jarred her head and aggravated her headache. She turned around, composing her expression into a polite smile. "Yeah, mon, we got a few o' dem made for ya." She indicated the several of the little mechanical spiders on the workbench behind her.

Feyde/Riana
Riana moved over to gently place the second cup of coffee on Ayidda's desk. Offering the troll a warm smile "Ah thank you. Just a quick lesson on how to activate it and I will leave you to your work" She would make sure to wait on an explanation of how to set them up before touching them. Having 0 interest in being anywhere near when they went off.

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
Ayidda picked up one of the spiders and turned it over. A thin white piece of string hung from where webbing would come out of a spider.

"Each click be a minute," Ayidda explained, pulling on the string until a gear inside turned and clicked five times. "Dat be set for five minutes, an' da little web string hang out a bit 'ere."

She pushed on the gear and the string wound back into the spider, leaving just enough out to grab onto and pull again. "Ya push dis ta reset da timer, if ya wanna change it or stop it. But it not be goin' off, 'less da string pulled out at least one click. When da noise bomb goes off, it winds da string back in."

Feyde/Riana
Riana nods and watches carefully. Finally once its all said and done she pockets the devices. "Better get these deployed right away! I would say... put on your ear muffs in ten minutes"

Syreenna/Lirsha/Ayidda
"Ten minutes," Ayidda repeated with a slow nod. "Ah hope dey all work da way ya wan'."