Mythic Report: Spires of Ascension

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Curwyn

Mythic Report: Spires of Ascension

Unread post by Curwyn »

Mythic Report 3. Intended For High Inquisitor Khorvis and General Dissemination Among “The Grim”

The "Spires of Ascension," (apparently an assault on some faction of Kyrian by another faction of Kyrian, I do not care for the particulars) is very straightforward - as any good assault should be. One enters the facility - some kind of temple, I believe - and walks from one fight to another. There a handful of 'concerning' points that I will detail on the maps at the end of the report. By the end of this report, I think it will be extremely obvious why the Kyrians require so much support to police their own affairs, as well as their borders.

As a personal aside, I have no idea why entities with wings utilize stairs in some cases and not in others.

As ever, there are several 'important' figures who cannot help but scream their names - Kin-Tara, Vetunax, Oryphrion, and Devos.

Kin-Tara and Vetunax can be combined into the same entry under the heading "mind where you stand." There is nothing else to say for them; the Kyrians should be ashamed to employ such weak champions to their cause.

Oryphiron barely escapes the same categorization simply by dint of his size requiring a mild amount of forethought - he leaves anima 'balls' as he fights, and these irradiate harmful energies - if the 'tank' is not careful, he can leave his allies no place to stand. His leavings will eventually leave him vulnerable and drained - the group should go "all-out" when this occurs. So much for Oryphiron.

Devos requires only slightly more discussion than Oryphiron. She will occasionally obviously attack in a straight line; move out of the way. She will unleash some kind of energy explosion that will kill anyone caught in it; "Kyrestria," apparently a leader among the Kyrian, will erect a barrier against it - move into it. Her most irritating tendency is to 'lock' the Archon's spear into some sort of conduit that will slowly damage and move the group around the platform. This locking process expels several balls of anima which must be gathered and put back into the conduit with some alacrity. Once this is done, someone (usually the 'tank') must pick up the spear and hurl it at Devos, who has retreated from the platform in the hopes that the ongoing discomfort of the winds will finish the group off. This process will likely need to be repeated more than once.

Gardens of Repose
1: There are at least two clutches of stealthy predators here - be sure not to move too quickly across seemingly open terrain or you'll find yourself beset by several groups of them.

Font of Fealty
2 and 3: There are two automatons in different groups here that will "Charge their Fist," injuring the entire group. They will not, under any circumstances, be moved from where they are standing, and must be 'interrupted' regularly. The reason for their strange intransigence is not readily apparent, and can easily set back an entire group - they are standing in a pool of harmful 'anima.' Any attempt to engage them at length in melee combat will likely overtax the healer at best, and lead to a failed skirmish at worst.