A Bridge Too Near

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Khorvis

A Bridge Too Near

Unread post by Khorvis »

Having intervened against a duo of orc thugs that sought to intimidate the priestess Lilliana, Khorvis was sorely surprised to find that the two were merely afflicted with the gibbering Madness. Lilliana laughed gleefully as she chased away the fools with her mind tricks and the two Grim collected drinks from the Wyvern's Tale. Together they wandered out to Orgrimmar's western gate and the bridge over the Southfury River.

Liiliana glances left and right once they walked over the bridge, "Well, you really wanted quiet, huh....?"
Liiliana sets her mug on the railing and leans over, "Ooooo, pretty."
[Khorviss]: Quiet? Can you need hear the river and all her elementals raging along the rapids?
[Liiliana]: I mean the quiet from people talking. Orgrimmar is freaking loud now. *Lilliana cupped a hand around an ear, as if trying to listen hard below* I can hear the water.....
[Khorviss]: So many back from the war against the Alliance, against the Black Empire of N'Zoth.
[Khorviss]: Aye, Orgrimmar teems with life. And filth. It do only be a matter of time before sickness comes sweeping from the sewers.
Liiliana nods to Khorvis regarding the return of many....then giggles about the filth, "It's not that bad....."
[Khorviss]: Do you remember the last time we did return from the Isle of Quel'Danos, sure in our victory?
Liiliana 's stares at Khorviss, still half leaning over the wall, "What about it, Khorvis.......? I'm aware that things will not stay quiet. ......Is that what you mean...?"
Khorviss nods and flips his [TRP3:Blackrock Dagger] end over end before it sticks in the log-rail of the bridge. "I do worry greatly that things will not stay "quiet". Especially because the Commander do still be so ill."
[Khorviss]: Have you been to see him?
Liiliana blinked at Khorvis, and a surprising expression flooded across her face. It was guilt. "No, I haven't." She admitted.
[Khorviss]: Hrmph. Few have, except brother Lupinum. That priest does sit by his side day and night. Along with the spirit menders of the Bluff, of course.
[Khorviss]: He may need your aid...
Liiliana chewed on her lip. She did not have a great bedside manner, "I'll go see him. But you know I was never one of his favorites...anyway."
[Khorviss]: Bah, the nether take bedside manner. Brother Lupinum do be a healer of some great reknown, but YOU do know the hidden passages of the mind.
Khorviss swats at the air, trying to fend off an opponent over which he has no mastery.
Liiliana pushes herself off the railing and grins at Khorviss....ducking as the orc swings.
[Liiliana]: Khorvis...that's me in there!
Liiliana points and laughs at Khorviss.
[Liiliana]: You're so easy!
[Khorviss]: Phaw, I do know this!
Liiliana grins, "You know you're easy?"
[Khorviss]: I do know that the voice does come from you. And I also do know that should you delve too deeply into this mind, you will be crushed just as easily as the rapids of the Southfury can capsize a canoe.
Liiliana rolled her eyes, "Ahah, suuuuuuuuuuuure." She waved him off, "But seriously, I'll go see Awatu."
Liiliana adds, politely, "I'll do whatever you tell me to, Khorvis."
[Khorviss]: You will and you will bloody like it. I do not know for how long I can keep Syreena's grubby claws off of the Grim's reins.
[Liiliana]: Aren't you all like....in charge?
Khorviss turns and levels a look at Lilliana that would send an imbalanced trog crosseyed. "Those do be the words we speak, aye."
Liiliana stares back at Khorviss....then folds her arms, "But it's not working out that way......is it....?"
[Khorviss]: I do trust Syreena to hunt the Alliance. And anything that breathes and has ears.
[Khorviss]: Only a matter of time until that does be you. Or me.
Liiliana nods her head a few times...then stops aburptly, "Wait....what.....?"
[Khorviss]: How many times must I fend off her attempts to bargain for the flesh of our Supplicants?
Liiliana had taken an obvious step back from her Grim time....given the set of circumstances that they weren't able to do much...and she did not agree with the leadership arrangement, "Yeah...but like......it's Syreena!"
Liiliana furrows her brow, "You don't trust her...?" She asks bluntly...because this is Khorvis and she'd do that.
Khorviss rips a snort that could encase a baby murloc in a tomb of snot. "Aye. It do be Syreena. A creature I do remember twisted and malformed during our siege of Draenor. Syreena, who does cling greatly to her oaths to the Dark Lady."
Liiliana grabs some of her drink that she had taken with her, and she eyes Khorvis, "So....you have a lot to manage."
Khorviss throws back what was left of his. "No, you do. Find Awatu and drag him out of whatever nightmare he do be suffering. Unless you might like to wake up with an undead chewing on your Sandfury ears."
Liiliana rolled her eyes, "Syreena would never do that to me....but I said I'd go to Awatu. I'm sure he'd love me in his head."
Liiliana then decided to smile at Khorviss, swishing the remainder of her drink around the buttom of her mug.
Khorviss chortles fatly. "Aye, I do wager he would. At least a welcome sight from the corpse of brother Lupinum."
[Liiliana]: If he wakes up, back to himself....I'm gonna tell him you told me to do....whatever it is you think I'm gonna be able to do. *she had doubt that she could do anything with Awatu...it was the Commander*
Khorviss grunts. "That I did tell you to guide his spirit back to us? To aid Brother Lupinum in the Commander's recovery? Fine!"
[Liiliana]: Yeah, fine!!!! *she shouted, laughing*
Khorviss chucks his [Sulfuron Slammer] over the side of the bridge to smash into the rapids below. "Fine!"
Liiliana does the same as Khorvis, throwing her almost empty mug over the rail along with his, "Exactly!"
Liiliana giggles at you.
Liiliana cracks up....so much so that she almost chokes on her laughter. She even tries to shout out FINE as well, but she's laughing too hard.
You cackle maniacally at Liiliana.

The two continued to argue into the night, but of topics of less serious importance.
Khorvis

Re: A Bridge Too Near

Unread post by Khorvis »

** SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SHADOWLANDS PREPATCH **

----

With reports of Undead assaulting the east of Kalimdor the very next day, Khorvis and Lilliana chose to ride on ground mounts out the gates of Orgrimmar and gather information for Commander Throgg.

[Khorviss-WyrmrestAccord]: Come on, Lilliana. Let us get out of this crowd.
Liiliana thanks Crusader Thalius.
[Khorviss]: Razor Hill, then.
You cheer at Yuejii.

Reaching Razor Hill, they found zombies already attacking the guards.

[Liiliana]: Excuse me...?
[Khorviss]: Not good. We should keep riding.
Razor Hill Grunt says: For the Warchief!
[Liiliana]: Didn't we just say? *holars back*

Across the bridge into the Barrens, cultists were seen commanding the undead against Tauren braves.

Liiliana points at Cult Shadowmage.
[Khorviss]: It does look like we are the only ones getting through.
[Vixiee]: We got lucky
Liiliana mumbles to herself, clearly annoyed.
[Khorviss]: What?!

Together they raced towards the Crossroads, fearful of what they might find.

[Liiliana]: I didn't think the quiet would get disrupted so quickly. *she complains*
[Khorviss]: You did jinx it last night.
[Khorviss]: Oh fel, they do be getting overrun.
Liiliana nods at you.
[Khorviss]: Peace through annihilation, sister.

The fighting was short but intense. It was only a matter of time before more waves washed over the encampment.

Cult Shadowmage says: Life is a curse.
[Khorviss]: Cultists. I do HATE cultists!
[Lexialein]: Always consult your doctor before engaging in strenuous activity.
Argent Sentry says: Light guide me.
[Khorviss]: Ready to ride? I do know a shortcut.
Liiliana flips off everyone behind her, "I'll follow."
Khorviss yells back, "How did they reach so far inland?!"
Liiliana shouts up ahead at the orc, "We were complacent.....? Everyone out partying....?" Herself included.

Reports in hand, Khorvis and Lilliana rode back to Orgrimmar over the Southfury Bridge where they had argued the very night before.

[Khorviss]: These old roads do be so poorly maintained.
You salute Orgrimmar Grunt with respect.
[Khorviss]: Ready to give that report? Commander Throgg did not seem the orc to enjoy bad news.
Liiliana agrees with Khorviss, she looks exceptionally perturbed about everything too...like she's been put out of her way, "Yeah, want me to give it to him?" She giggled at Khorviss.
[Khorviss]: Maybe soothe his mind a bit. With your spells.
Liiliana offers Khorviss the thumbs up sign.
Commander Throgg says: ...and I will reassure the justicar she has our full support. Our reinforcements will be arriving shortly.

The forces spoken of my Lor'themar had gathered in Icecrown. They were to travel to the far North to once again put an end to the Scourge.

[Khorviss]: Another journey to Icecrown.
Liiliana nods her head, folding her arms, "Yup yup! Totally."
[Khorviss]: Zeppelin coming. Try not to throw up this time.
Liiliana mills about wiht all the others running around like chilckens with no heads.
Liiliana giggles, "I'm not gonna puke."
Spiritrend thanks Zahmnii.

[Khorviss]: We will need to get to the upper tower and find the flight master.
[Khorviss]: And good job holding down your lunch.
You clap for Liiliana, clearly unimpressed.
Liiliana gives Khorviss a look.
[Khorviss]: Now, where did those stairs be...
Liiliana shouts at the elevator.
Liiliana grins at you wickedly.
[Khorviss]: I will see you at the Argent Tournament Grounds!
You cackle maniacally at Liiliana.
Liiliana roars with bestial vigor at you. So fierce!

Liiliana growls and roars with indignance from behind.
Khorviss farts, leaving a trail of crotchbloom.
Liiliana glares angrily at you.
[Khorviss]: Bloody fel, what a crowd.