Trial of Sacrifice: Zulric [LOG]

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Qabian

Trial of Sacrifice: Zulric [LOG]

Unread post by Qabian »

Logging started on 03/30/2019 at 19:20:50.
Khorviss sucks in the scents of roasting meat and licks his moist chops.
Feyde waves at Nahmiri.
Gavriil bows before you.
You smirk slyly at Gavriil.
Zulric fastens his mask, briefly glancing around at the assorted Grim. He inclined his head, pushing himself upward. "I'm suppose everyone present is well aware of why I've gathered ya' here. I quite appreciate ya' support, wasn't expecting such a turnout for »
Zulric » this little ritual."
Gavriil smiles warmly.
Nahmiri grins wickedly at Feyde.
Khorviss grunts through the lip of his mug.
[Feyde]: You seem to like audience so...
[Zulric]: As per usual, I'll be distributing these goblin glider kits to anyone who lacks them. That includes de demon hunters-- de technology is far more powerful than ya' natural wings.
You raise your eyebrow inquisitively at Zulric.
Gavriil arches a brow.
Zulric peers around expectantly. "Why, it's de best way to travel around Zuldazar. Surely you've realized this by now, hah."
[Feyde]: Yes my weak wings wont get me far....
You grin wickedly at Feyde.
Khorviss checks the glider attachment machined underneath his cloak and seems satisfied.
Feyde flaps her hands a bit.
Nahmiri cackles maniacally at Feyde.
[Zulric]: Either way! Walk with me, Grim. I'll explain what I have in mind once we've left de pyramid.
[Zulric]: --Do mind de elevator. I'd hate for any of you to fall and die.
[Syreenna]: Thanks for your concern.
[Nahmiri]: You demon huntahs have ah thing for fire, mm?
Zulric clasps his hands, gazing over the horizon. "Right, then! Our destination will be de jungle pathway over there. If any of you lack a goblin glider kit I'd advise ya' speak up now."
Khorviss gives Feyde a fake shove, cackling.
[Gavriil]: I will take one.
Feyde stretches her arms a bit and is promptly shoved. "OI!"
Qabian peers into the distance. "You think magic won't be good enough?"
[Khorviss]: Good balance.
Gavriil smirks slyly at you.
[Feyde]: Suprised I made it back on the ledge honestly
[Syreenna]: Sure.....magic will help you hold onto the glider.
Syreenna smirks slyly at you.
Nahmiri cackles maniacally at Syreenna.
Zulric inclines his head slightly. "I highly doubt ya' magic -- potent as I'm sure it is -- will propell you far enough for our purposes.
[Syreenna]: Unless you plan to hold on with only one hand.
Qabian frowns.
[Zulric]: Right! Last call before we depart.
Gavriil looks over the distance.
[Gavriil]: You do mean the path just beyond the bridge, yes?
Zulric nods at Gavriil.
Feyde continues to stretch. Her tattered wings expanding out behind her. Clearly she has no interest in using the silly gliders.
Zulric took a moment to carefully gauge the distance before nodding to the Grim. "Right then! I'll meet ya' down at de path."
Qabian chuckles.
Khorviss struggles to spin his feedbag around, the wind having caught it and smearing his drool all over his cheeks.
[Feyde]: Tydoriel got stuck in a tree
Zulric lets out a short cackle. "It appears that some of ya' need to work on your aim!"
Feyde grins wickedly at Tydoriel.
[Tydoriel]: Oh good rain...
Nahmiri chuckles at Tydoriel.
Syreenna snickers at Feyde.
[Tydoriel]: Hush
Tydoriel spits out a branch.
Zulric nods.
[Nahmiri]: Or someone needs t'provide better direction.
[Nahmiri]: We not be mind readers, witch doctor.
[Khorviss]: Lead on, witch doctor. We do be getting soaked.
[Qabian]: And yet.
[Zulric]: Surely de honored prelate would be capable of following de same path as de non-Zandalari, hmm?
[Zulric]: Come! Let's get a move on.
Zulric nods.
Feyde raindrops hiss as they land on Fey's skin
[Zulric]: So. I suppose I should be explainin' my thought process behind this particular ritual.
[Zulric]: I thought over de examples that de dear Inquisitor provided me with. I'm sure I'm not de first to do something of this nature, but I thought de gesture would be adequate.
[Khorviss]: Feyde or Tydoriel, fan out and guard our flanks. No telling who be watching.
[Feyde]: I have been keeping... an eye out
[Syreenna]: Don't you mean both eyes out?
[Zulric]: Plenty of options, of course. I know physical mutilation is quite popular among de Grim, however its effects are far greater on those with such a stunted healing factor.
[Feyde]: Both of our eyes are out
Nahmiri chuckles.
[Gavriil]: I, too, have an eye out.
You roll your eyes.
Nahmiri glares angrily at Hateful Eye.
[Zulric]: I always had de options of committing blasphemy on de loa or severing my bond with de Empire...however both of those things would be -extremely- counterproductive on a multitude of levels.
Gavriil | Hateful Eye watches Qabian closely.
[Khorviss]: Aye, a sacrifice only be worth the value of the loss.
Gavriil nods at Khorviss.
[Nahmiri]: Den perhaps d'witch doctor should sacrifice 'is pride.
Zulric cackles maniacally at the situation.
Gavriil smirks slyly at Nahmiri.
[Tydoriel]: So are we going to drop a ring into a volcano?
[Zulric]: Ya' wit is even more biting than that unwieldy blade of yours, honored prelate.
[Feyde]: Alliance somewhere... I can sense it
[Feyde]: Hummm... not sure where exactly...
[Zulric]: Now, anyway-- I wanted to perform a sacrifice that I would find at least somewhat disagreeable. It's...true that what I have in mind goes against my nature, to an extent.
Gavriil pats Nahmiri's direhorn on the flank.
[Zulric]: It's for de best, really, though I confess I'm somewhat sentimental by nature. I enjoy keeping objects, mementos. And--
Nahmiri 's mount gives a soft grunt.
[Khorviss]: It had better be worth it. If I did know we would be exercising tonight, I would have changed my loincloth last week.
You grin wickedly at Khorviss.
Syreenna peers at Khorviss searchingly.
Gavriil wrinkles his nose.
[Tydoriel]: I am having sooooooo much fun now.
[Zulric]: That's...quite interestin', my orcish companion.
[Zulric]: Now-- ahh, there it is.
[Tydoriel]: So now what?
Kénpäçhi-MoonGuard waves.
Kénpäçhi-MoonGuard cheers!
Zulric inclines his head towards the group, unfurling his arm over the structure as if presenting it to them. "Grim! I welcome ya' to my home. Not much left of it, de place has been structurally degrading for years and I've moved most of my things to my office in Dazar'alor anyway."
Feyde waves at Kénpäçhi-MoonGuard.
Syreenna scowls at Ty. "Patience, Ears."
Gavriil arches a brow.
[Zulric]: Feel free to come inside, shelter yourself from de rain. ...for de moment.
You smirk slyly at Zulric.
Nahmiri grins wickedly at Syreenna.
Khorviss pokes the trophy's teeth. Yep, real.
[Tydoriel]: Are we having fun Little demon?
Syreenna blinks, then grins, pointing to the gnome head hanging on the wall.
Syreenna points over yonder.
Zulric | The house itself was a quaint little place, though the craftsmanship of the house itself was of a decent quality considering its location. A number of momentos were scattered about, though everything was mostly contained in various moving baskets.
[Qabian]: Decorative.
[Feyde]: Would be having more fun if that Alliance had stayed in the area.
Tydoriel grumbles and folds his arms.
Tydoriel grins wickedly at Feyde.
[Tydoriel]: We could fight each other?
Zulric smiles, gaze settling on the gnome's head as he spoke with a nostalgic wistfulness. "Ahh, yes. Came from a sand gnome, believe they travelled across de sea and arrived on de shores of Zuldazar."
[Zulric]: They fought with de enforcers for a while. It was a decisive battle.
Tydoriel lets out a long, drawn-out sigh.
Zulric took a large piece of painted plywood that was strung to the wall. It was an interesting choice of canvas -- on it was the illustrated visage of a zandalari woman.
Khorviss claps Tydoriel on the shoulder and passes him a small phial.
[Zulric]: And this...is a paintin' of my ma'da. Got it during a festival within de Zocalo, some sort of...unorthodox artist.
[Tydoriel]: This is...just got better.
Khorviss grumbles under his breath. "I will cover your post."
Zulric 's gaze settles on an iron pot that had been sitting in the corner. It looked...fairly new? "And this!"
[Zulric]: ...this is a pot of hot oil. I can't say I particularly remember where I got it from.
Syreenna watches Zulric, looking at the objects he points out....though still occasionally glances at the creepy gnome head.
Khorviss chuckles at Feyde.
[Feyde]: All clear
[Tydoriel]: It's dead.
[Khorviss]: Zug zug.
Gavriil crosses his arms.
Zulric reaches down, hefting the pot of oil up with a small grunt of exertion. His gaze sweeped over the gathered Grim, before tilting his head toward the door."
[Zulric]: I advise ya' leave the building.
Syreenna nods at Zulric.
[Qabian]: At least he warned us.
[Gavriil]: More than you would have ever done.
Syreenna grins at you wickedly.
[Qabian]: Mm.
[Khorviss]: More sane than others who came before.
Nahmiri chuckles at Gavriil.
[Feyde]: Is he going to set his home on fire?
[Qabian]: Either that or he has other plans for oil.
[Syreenna]: These Zandalari trolls do seem to be saner than many of the other trolls we've known over the years.
[Tydoriel]: I hope so then we can roast humans.
Nahmiri glances at Syreenna.
[Gavriil]: Leyu'jin was always quite level-headed.
Syreenna nods.
[Syreenna]: But not Warneshi or his nephew, or Jurrani, or several others.
Zulric places the pot on the floorboards, hesitating for a long moment before he proceeded with his next action. Producing a hidden knife from his robes, he removed his glove and drew the knife over the length of his forearm. The witch doctor grimaced slightly as blood trickled from his open wound, dissolving with a harsh sizzle as it hit the surface of the oil.
[Gavriil]: Fair. The exception.
[Tydoriel]: Is he going to cry?
Zulric held the pot aloft with his uninjured arm before haphazardly dumping the oil across the floorboards. He quickly pulled away, nodding towards the Grim.
Tydoriel fel fire his finger and grins.
Khorviss crosses his arms and waits for the Supplicant to sacrifice his offering.
Zulric gripped his arm, though it did little to stifle the flow of blood. He cleared his throat, pausing for a moment before nodding. "...Ahh, hah. I'm a little more nervous about this than I expected to be. Now-- with me, I brought about four firebombs. Potent as it gets, each of them is fueled by de burning essence of a fire elemental."
[Tydoriel]: Are you going to juggle them?
[Zulric]: Now -that- would certainly be a preferrable idea, hah.
Zulric looks to the two demon hunters. "If de mighty demoniacs could lend their services for a moment, I'll be needing a touch of fel sulfur to strengthen de flames."
Gavriil frowns a moment.
Feyde usually happy to set things in fel fire just stands there not bothering.
You smirk slyly at Feyde.
Zulric tentatively nods to Tydoriel. "That...ah, that will be sufficient. You may turn to your previous position."
[Feyde]: You are being ordered Ty better listen
Zulric closes his eyes for a moment of contemplation, before lowering his gaze to the firebombs. "...Now then. I'd advise you move back a little further, de explosions will be -quite- potent."
[Tydoriel]: Grrrrr...
You raise your eyebrow inquisitively at Zulric.
[Zulric]: And it'd be a tragic shame if any of ya' were to have your flesh seared off by flaming debris.
[Feyde]: So... this is your sacrifice? This old house with nothing really left in it? Since you already moved out...
[Tydoriel]: It better blowup.
[Tydoriel]: Or is your family tied up in there?
[Qabian]: I half expected him to summon his "ma'da" when he took out the knife.
[Zulric]: I admire ya' willingness to challenge my idea-- it gives me a good reason to explain to ya' just -why- I decided to do this.
Gavriil stifles a chuckle
[Feyde]: I mean you are making an interesting show of it...
[Zulric]: As I said, I had a number of options. I chose this because I believed it to be far more meaningful than a superficial physical sacrifice. This pyre -- a representation of de past -- will be de severing of my ties with de past. A symbolic gesture.
[Zulric]: ...and I thought it'd be quite visually interesting.
Nahmiri snorts and mutters under her breath, "Art and spectacle."
Feyde snaps her fingers as if just realizing something. "Shoot maybe I didn't have to work so hard"
Qabian smirks at Feyde. "Not everyone has angry mothers waiting to die."
Liiliana flops over from snowball impact.
Liiliana lies down.
[Liiliana]: Freaking hell! Give me a minute!!!!!
Liiliana hisses.
Syreenna grins wickedly at Liiliana.
[Qabian]: Nice.
[Khorviss]: I do think Supplicant Zulric makes a decent sacrifice. I would wade through a great many corpses to have my dear village of Zeth'kur back to me.
Zulric lets out a deep exhale, gaze fixated on the tumbled in pile of wood and plaster. "With this act, I cast aside de bonds of de past and tether my fate to de Grim now and forevermore. Let de flames RISE!" With a meaningful roar, he hurled the first firebomb directly into the entrance. The effect was almost instanteous -- the entirety of the roof and walls exploded in a brilliant shower of flaming debris. The remainder of the house that hadn't been blown away was entirely consumed by flame, the burning oil fufilling its purpose of spreading it verily. The eruption completely illuminated the nearby jungle, though it only set little of the foliage ablaze.
[Tydoriel]: Ooooo...ahhhhhhh....
Feyde comes back with blood all over her glaives like nothing just happened.
Tydoriel picks a finger out of his teeth.
Khorviss ducks as shrapnel of timber whizz by his head.
[Feyde]: ... why do they keep coming back...
Liiliana eyes Zulric up and down.
Syreenna nods approvingly.
Gavriil | Hateful Eye stares impassively at the flame.
[Tydoriel]: They like you.
Qabian just lets the blast from the fire blow his hair around.
Gavriil nods at Zulric.
Syreenna backs up a bit more from the fire.
Nahmiri eyes Qabian. Is that an impressed expression?
Zulric hurled another alchemagical firebomb at the remaining wreckage, immolating the remainder of the foundation.
[Liiliana]: Gah!!!!!!!! *in response to the flames, explosion, all of it*
[Tydoriel]: Fey's fault they got away.
Feyde shakes her fist at Tydoriel.
Nahmiri chuckles softly at Ty.
Tydoriel grins wickedly at Feyde.
[Feyde]: Oh by all means the next time you can find them
Gavriil nods slowly.
[Tydoriel]: Ok I will pick up your slack.
Qabian looks at Feyde. "What do you think? Would you ask for more?"
Zulric lets out a deep, wistful sigh. "So many memories I'll never have de opportunity to relive. Still, that was quite a cathartic experience."
Gavriil smirks slyly at you.
[Feyde]: I feel like this is a big load of ... kodo dung. But I mean if you all like this display who am I to say anything.
Qabian laughs.
Syreenna smirks at Feyde. "And what did you sacrifice?"
[Gavriil]: ... Everything.
Gavriil lets out a hacking cough.
[Zulric]: You are free to state your displeasure regardin' de ritual! I'm sure your paricide will be far more interesting, feel free to tell us all about it.
Syreenna gives Gavril a flat look.
Gavriil raises his brows innocently at Syreena.
Nahmiri eyes Zulric up and down.
Tydoriel slow claps.
Khorviss wanders up to the flaming wreckage and takes out a small leather satchel.
[Feyde]: Everything. I gave up my old life as a hunter so I could have for power. I sacrificed my family ties for the Grim. It wasn't as easy as setting a mostly empty house on fire.
Liiliana folds her arms, her hair slightly frizzed from the combination of snow and then fire. "Neato."
[Qabian]: Paintings don't have quite the same fight in them, but if Gavril and Khorvis are satisfied.
[Liiliana]: I'm satisfied!!!! Do I count?!
[Feyde]: Maybe I should have just set the family house on fire and not bothered with risking anything.
You smirk slyly at Liiliana.
Liiliana raises her hands.
[Qabian]: Not anymore.
Khorviss using his [TRP3:Blackrock Blade], he scrapes up a handful worth of black ash and dumps it into his satchel, drawing the strings closed.
You peer at Khorviss searchingly.
[Syreenna]: As someone who recently lose her house.... It is a sacrifice.
Khorviss grunts at Zulric.
Gavriil frowns at Syreenna thoughtfully.
[Liiliana]: Don't make me hurt you *she whispers loudly to Qabian*
You grin wickedly at Liiliana.
[Zulric]: I understand if de higher concepts of symbolism would be lost on someone with such a one track mind, I'm-- yes?
[Syreenna]: And you didn't sacrifice -everything-, *she says with a wicked grin* You still have your pretty ears.
Liiliana smiles ridiciously loving like at Qabian.
[Feyde]: Yes very one track.
Zulric 's gaze fell to the satchel. He peered at the orc, tentatively taking it into his hands. "...and what is this?"
Khorviss passes the witch doctor the satchel of ashes. "Take these remains, Zulric. Smear with them a rune above your quarters in the Grim Halls."
[Feyde]: You enjoy insulting and talking like you are above the other Grim.
[Tydoriel]: Ohhhhh....does the Troll want to go play in the fire?
Tydoriel grins wickedly at Zulric.
Qabian tilts his head. "Does he enjoy it? Or is it just in his nature? He found something that let him keep his air of diplomacy. I'm sure that wasn't... too easy."
Zulric inclines his head deeply, carefully placing the satchel in a safe spot. "I'll certainly see about doing that, honored warrior."
Liiliana grins much too happily at Zulric.
[Khorviss]: A reminder. Nothing behind you but ash. And leave nothing but ash in your wake.
Khorviss nods at Zulric.
Gavriil grins wickedly at Khorviss.
[Liiliana]: LAME!
Zulric side-eyed the conversation between Feyde and Qabian...and decided to let their imagination run wild with his true intentions. He turned his gaze to Khorviss, nodding firmly. "I believe I like that metaphor. I'll keep it in mind when I'm cleanin' this whole mess up."
[Zulric]: But, as I said! With this act, I pledge my fate and undying loyalty to de Grim. Let there be no doubt in de minds of anyone gathered here that I'm willing to lay down my life for de Mandate.
[Khorviss]: Ah, Sister Liiliana!
Khorviss grins wickedly at Liiliana.
[Qabian]: Or at least your house.
Liiliana feigns an accent, "Brodah Khorvis!"
Liiliana smiles at Khorviss.
[Zulric]: Why, Inquisitor, do you doubt that I'm willing to fight alongside de Grim no matter de odds?
Khorviss signs an orcish rune in the air, sealing Zulric's sacrifice to the Mandate, then rounding on Lilliana.
Liiliana whispers to Khorvis, "I like the look of him." She gestures obviously over to Zulric
[Qabian]: No. I don't doubt you. And you've sacrificed more than some.
Zulric offers the shadow of a why grin, inclining his head. "I'm glad we see eye to eye on de matter, then."
Tydoriel flicks a pebble a Feyde.
[Zulric]: I assure you, Grim-- from this day forward, my talents are now yours.
[Liiliana]: Mine too?
[Tydoriel]: At*
Liiliana deliberately eyes Zulric up and down.
[Khorviss]: If that do be all, I do think I will find my way out of this goatsucking jungle.
Feyde stands there as the pebble bounces off her head. Not reacting but vowing vengeance.
You smirk slyly at Khorviss.
Qabian nods at Zulric. "Good. We'll see you next week then."
Zulric tilts his head, regarding the Darkspear steadily. "Mm?"
Gavriil nods at Zulric.
[Syreenna]: Peace through annihilation!
[Zulric]: Right! Of course, of course, feel free to depart. I sincerely thank you for attending my call.
[Qabian]: Annihilation and ashes.
[Liiliana]: Peace through annihiliation!
[Gavriil]: Peace through annihilation!
[Tydoriel]: Indeed.
Zulric stands at attention and salutes.
[Zulric]: Peace through annihilation! Glory to de Grim!
[Khorviss]: And Grimfire, you can keep your nether cursed portals to yourself. Sick of finding mana wyrms in my armplates after each jaunt through your holes.
[Syreenna]: Grim, we'll be presenting our banners in Orgrimmar in 25 minutes.
Feyde remains unconvinced.
[Khorviss]: Peace through annihilation.
Gavriil nods at Syreenna.
Syreenna peers at Liiliana searchingly.
[Syreenna]: Where have you been?
[Liiliana]: So...................
[Zulric]: I'm sure that a recruitment drive could benefit from an envoy's skillset, hm?
[Liiliana]: Hi.
Liiliana grins wickedly at Syreenna.
Syreenna grins wickedly at Liiliana.
[Gavriil]: We would certainly welcome more like-minded Zandalari.
[Qabian]: Well, Khorvis may not care for mana wyrms, but... I assume I'll see the rest of you on the field if not in Orgrimmar.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner