Of Blood and Azerite (Trial by Combat)

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Neevah

Of Blood and Azerite (Trial by Combat)

Unread post by Neevah »

Blood. This land is thick with it, so that the very air tastes of copper and death. The Zandalari, a race whose pride and depth of honor matches our own, yet they are preyed upon by the crazed ranks of who no doubt had been brethren to them. They spill the blood of innocents carelessly in their vile rituals, urged on by the hunger of the Old God G'huun whispering insidiously, promising naught but their doom wrought in the sensuous robes of power.

Similarly, the Earthmother's very life is seeping away through gaping chasms and minute crevices, so that no doubt remains of the suffering she is enduring. It almost mirrors the troubles in Zuldazar, except here it is the Alliance ignoring her plight. Jaina sees naught but desperate revenge, invading a land already troubled by betrayers. Of course, the Zandalari are Trolls, and thus they are savages, to be locked up as they were in the bowels of Stormwind.

I have fought beside my Grim brothers and sisters through this all. We have returned the now-Queen to her family, we have ventured into Uldir to quell the bloody invasions and experiments, to stop the rising of an Old God from his prison. My skills have been tested to the utmost, my flexibility pushed to the limit. I followed Riplie's word as she dictated them- flowing back and forth between mending and calling upon Mu'sha and An'she to strike down those defying the Mandate.

We were victorious, though not without great effort and determination, and the Alliance, lead by the vengeance blinded Proudmoore, chose that moment to strike. She thought to strike when we were weak, tired, unguarded. She seems to forget that time and again, the Grim do not rest. We are ever vigilant, even when our allies are recovering from a hard blow. No sooner had the Alliance foolishly begun their assault than we answered the call once more. This time, it would be Alliance blood spilled to quench the Earthmother and heal her wounds. More have answered our rallying cries, more death dealers, more menders, more vanguards to lead the push. I, like my brethren, will always flex our talents, mending and holding the back line, when needed.

The unfortunate truth is war comes at a high cost, and the concept of honor is lost among many. The Zandalari king Rastakhan, was laid low by an Alliance sneak attack while Jaina, the coward she is, chose to flee rather than face battle, when she assumes we will lie down like dogs and die. Honor is clearly not something her people hold in high regard.

The Mandate will guide the Zandalari to strength, the Grim will help them make their way through the rest of Azeroth, and I will tend their wounds and defend them no matter the foe.
Qabian

Re: Of Blood and Azerite (Trial by Combat)

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian read the report curiously. Things were quiet, and he hadn't expected to find such a thing waiting for him. He mused about how the Grim managed to force the world to fit their individual ideals, but if they held to the Mandate, they would find its strength would carry them through their differences, even those concerned with honor and the Earthmother.

He wrote a simple "Good" in the margin and set the report aside.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner