Ayidda's Trial of Combat

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Ayidda's Trial of Combat

Unread post by Syreenna »

A box is left in the guild hall, with an envelope addressed to Khorvis on top. Inside the box is an assortment of bottles containing alcoholic beverages from Boralus. Inside the envelope is a report, written in a goblin’s spidery script, with pictures taped throughout the text.

------------------------------------------

To: Boss Khorvis
Transcribed by: Pogs Fizzlespark

I left Sharak tied to a tree up on the hill where I watched to figure out what building be the inn where your barkeep friend might be working. It was easy to tell, because most of the people coming out of there were drunk. Then I found a rowboat to borrow and made my way closer to the city from the shore. Luckily, I had my S.E.L.F.I.E. camera with me. A good engineer never be leaving home without it!

I drank an invisibility potion to sneak by the guards, and I found the inn, no problem. I could only be assuming the guy behind the counter was Harold Atkey. I don’t speak Common, and he didn’t seem in the mood for talking. He looked like he be sad, actually. Maybe you wanted me to kill him to put him out of his misery? Nah, you probably just be wanting his booze.

Guards were walking by the doorway too close for comfort, so I went upstairs and called for Harold Atkey by name. I guess it was him, because he came up. I killed the barkeep. He was not a good fighter. But then a guard showed up. I guess he heard the commotion, though you’d think there be a lot of noise all the time. It’s a bar.

After I got rid of the guard too, I cut out Harold’s heart and put it in a drip proof bag. Then I went back downstairs and collected some bottles of beverages for you. After I filled a bag full, I decided to get a selfie of me behind the bar. Just as I snapped the picture though…..

WHAM! A guard smacked me right in the face! I didn’t even see him come in! I hightailed it out of there then!

I ran out of the town and jumped into the water to escape. Eventually, they stopped following me. I went back to where Sharak be tethered on the hill, and I shared the heart with him, like you said. I couldn’t cook it though. I didn’t have any materials for a fire, and anyway, I not be a cook. At all.
Now, the Darkspear don’t be participating in cannibalism no more, but Qabian said this isn’t cannibalism, because humans aren’t real people.

THE END
Khorvis

Re: Ayidda's Trial of Combat

Unread post by Khorvis »

Khorvis laid atop one of the longtables of the Main Hall, empty bottles scattered around his drunken self. Some were shattered upon the tiled stone floor, others tipped and rolled across the table. He kicked and laughed uproariously, holding the photographs sent by Ayidda scant few inches from his nose to get a good look at the monk's escapades.

"Bwaha! These do be rich! A task well done." The orc slurred his thoughts and made a hazy mental note to inform the High Inquisitor of his Supplicant's success. As the night wore on, Khorvis fell asleep upon his table in an empty Gallow's End, and the only sound filling the hall was the slow, steady beat of his heart.