Trial by Combat: Oralech Cinderfall

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Oralech Cinderfall
Lost

Trial by Combat: Oralech Cinderfall

Unread post by Oralech Cinderfall »

Report for the Inquisition:

As I mentioned before, I had a loose end to tie up before coming here. You wanted me to put my previous life behind me? Well, you got it. The face I saw when I fall asleep every night breathed his last, thanks to Grim assistance.

When I was rotting in Dalaran, there was one guard who was especially cruel to my kind. A bastard by the name of Doran- he would come into our cells and beat us, saying that Garithos gave him free reign to do so. We were just animals, after all, and he could do as he liked with us. And so he did. Often. All that burned within me was rage, and shame from knowing that I would be powerless to do anything. Even today, that fire still burns.

As it happens, I managed to track the bastard down. It turns out that the bastard and his squad earned themselves a cushy deployment outside of Goldshire, so I decided to pay them a quick visit.

However, preparations were necessary, and Lae proved quite good at providing me with everything I needed. Several of her concoctions came with me that night. One poisoned my spear's tip, making grazing blows into paralyzing stings. The latter was for me- providing me with strength that broke beyond my limits.

To say the least, it did the trick. After getting a feel for their patrol routes, I downed her drink in one go and tore through them like the prey they were. I hate to admit it, but I don't think I could have done that with my strength alone. Her potion made it easy to tear through their guards and plant my spear into their guts.

I hate to admit this even more, but I am starting to fear that my crusade against the humans might be a foolish endeavour if taken alone. Without Lae's potions, I may not have emerged entirely unscathed. If I want to take on even greater undertakings and to make a real difference, I will need even more Grim by my side.

Regardless, they fell- although I made a point of sparing Doran that night. I wanted him to make it home alive, so that he could see what was waiting for him back there.

I pride myself as something of an artist, after all- and I wanted to show him just how well I could paint with his family's lifeblood. His sons and wife made for a perfect portrait of terror for him to see in his last moments. It let him feel like an animal himself in his last moments, when I came in and delivered the final blow with my spear.

With that, I have no more need to kill for myself. With Doran's death, my weapons are to be used as the Grim demands of me. I hope they'll let me taste more of that satisfaction in the days to come.

Signed,
Oralech
Qabian

Re: Trial by Combat: Oralech Cinderfall

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian frowned as he read over Oralech's report, and not because it deviated from the expected way of things. Almost every word Oralech ever said, at least when it had nothing to do with Umbral, hit far too close to home for Qabian, and the report he held exemplified that.

Qabian sighed, but when he picked up his pen to write in the margin, he did something a few might realize was entirely out of character. The mage both hoped none of those few would notice and also decided he didn't care.

What he wrote was:
Thank you. ~Q
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner