Trial of Combat: Armi Aethertide

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Armi
Lost

Trial of Combat: Armi Aethertide

Unread post by Armi »

I had two encounters with The Grim that I can talk about. So I will. Because I can.

First time was going to an island to get Azerite. Have to admit I never thought I'd be a miner, but it sounded interesting. They needed volunteers and, and I wanted to see some shiny shiny Azerite. Haven't been able to get my hands on too much of it, you know. Really want to try to repair some armor with it. Maybe it'll turn into shiny shiny armor. Blind your enemies, then hack em to pieces. Could be useful, I'll write that down.

Well, I am writing it down now but I mean somewhere else.

Caught one of their names, Jorkal. Nice enough, explained things to me because I have no idea what I'm doing outside of a smithy. Didn't catch the other ones name, but he was a Pandaren so he AUTOMATICALLY has my approval. He has my full support. I'll salute him when he walks by me. Probably doesn't like pats, so salutes will work. For now.

The mission went smooth, not because of me but in spite of me, and I learned a lot of things about Azerite. Not enough, of course, but never been where it was just... lying around. Would like to do it again.

Few days later, went on a big adventure with a bunch of you. Adventure? Maybe not the right word, still adventurous to me. I brought a jaunty hat but took it off pretty quickly when I saw everyone fighting, well, everything. Did my best but I'm not much of a fighter. Everyone here seems like top notch fighters. I felt a bit inadequate to be honest but I've been practicing with my bow.

Are we supposed to put thoughts and feelings in to this? Probably not. Let me try to be more professional.

Mission went as planned. Came in as the back line after the front line had pushed forward enough. I followed all orders and did my best to help facilitate the mission. Everyone was competent and professional. I will do my best to also become competent and professional.

Last part sounds good. I already wrote the first part though, and I don't feel like rewriting so you get the whole thing.

Armi Aethertide
Qabian

Re: Trial of Combat: Armi Aethertide

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian stared at Armi's report for a very, very long time. On the one hand, he couldn't imagine Sunderpalm really putting up a fuss about being patted. On the other hand, well, she made it clear why Nilheon kept silencing her.

Jaunty hat?

She at least had the good sense to add the expected thing. If nothing else, it made clear that she understood what the expected thing was. The expected thing simply wasn't her, but nothing that was her seemed likely to stand in the way of enforcing the Mandate. If anything, her off-hand comments about azerite put her on the right track.

Qabian hesitated, tempted not to write anything at all, but instead, he wrote "Good" in the margin and pinned the report up with a handful of others.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner