Trial of Sacrifice: Athaelos

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Athaelos
Lost

Trial of Sacrifice: Athaelos

Unread post by Athaelos »

It didn't take much to fulfill my Trial of Sacrifice...I had already been so alienated from my House, the most effort was put into hunting down the last of them. Upon my recruitment as a Supplicant into The Grim, Inquisitor Qabian had asked if I would be able to cast aside my title of "Lord" and leave my House to prove loyalty to The Grim...and I thought about it, very long...very hard. I had realized it was time to put House Crimsonvein into the past...a permanent fixture of Sin'dorei history. That I did.

There were seven targets, six of which never left Silvermoon City...nor strayed far from the manor. The diplomats and scholars fell to my glaives swiftly, and with plenty of evidence of their demise. I took their signets as proof of my kill, I assume you found them in this envelope. Do pardon the blood.

The seventh target, was perhaps the ...easiest kill to choose... My sister, Vaelanas Crimsonvein, Paladin of the Silver Hand. I had no qualms in killing her. Since my return to Silvermoon City, she had made my life nothing but a living hell. I relished her screams and pathetic cries as I cut her down. Her necklace a trophy of my kill, one I'd wish to keep once this has been read.

I shed no tears for my House as the last fell. I am relieved of my ties of my former life to better serve The Mandate and The Grim. My Lordship, as much as The Grim enjoyed the joke, is no more. My life for The Horde. My life for the Mandate. My life for The Grim.
Qabian

Re: Trial of Sacrifice: Athaelos

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian smirked as he read over the report. He wrote nothing on it, but reached for a red candle on the makeshift desk, dripped a little wax onto the paper, then pulled a small ring from his pocket and stamped a small phoenix symbol into the glob of wax. The seal didn't close anything. It was simply acknowledgment. The mage put the paper aside along with several others, though none of the rest had been treated with wax.

He penned a note to Athaelos and slipped it into the mailbox in Tarren Mill sometime later.
Lord Crimsonvein,

I would like to speak to you about your Sacrifice sometime before next Friday if possible. If not, it is immaterial. You clearly understood the purpose of the Trial and went about your task as methodically and efficiently as possible.

You may have drowned your lordship in blood, and I doubt the rest of the Grim will ever acknowledge it one way or the other, but I, for one, think you've finally earned it.

~Qabian
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner