Trial of Combat: Caldwenst

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Caldwenst

Trial of Combat: Caldwenst

Unread post by Caldwenst »

It was a glorious fight. We were assaulting Uldir, a decent sized group of us, led by our commander Awatu. Inside we encountered a monstrous enemy of immense power. The monster was referred to as "Mythrax" and "she" whispered dark words in my head. It was frightening to say the least.

Besides our leader, one who truly inspired me was Syreena. She was graceful in combat, floating from here to there. What was most surprising was this Forsaken was able to move so well. I pride myself on my speed and agility but her movements were faster than even I could pull off. Another fighter, this one a mage named Qabian, impressed the hell out of me. I've never favored mages, prancing around and not getting dirty. But this one showed no fear. He was flinging his spells left and right, dodging attacks while sending spells accurately.

My experience found the Grim to be quiet but competent in this particular endeavor. I would be very willing to fight with this group again. I've heard rumors of The Grim's viciousness and ferocity in battle. I doubted it, even after I joined. The stories all sounded made up. But after tonight I can say without a doubt, this group is one I'd be honored to call brothers and sisters.

-Crow
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Trial of Combat: Caldwenst

Unread post by Syreenna »

Stopping by the Inquisitors office, Syreena found it empty. She did see the rogue's report on Qabian's desk though, and she paused to read it. She had told Crow to write a report for the High Inquisitor about his battle experience that night and his impression of the other Grims who also fought.

A smirk crossed the Shadowblade's patchwork stitched face as she read the flattering compliments about herself and Qabian. "Suck up," she said with some amusement as she tossed the paper back down on the High Inquisitor's desk.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Qabian

Re: Trial of Combat: Caldwenst

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian laughed as he read the report. For all the rogue had given credit to Awatu for leading, the details were clearly directed at those who would actually read the words. The mage looked around to see if there was a sack of gold accompanying the letter, but if there had been, it was either lost in the mess of renovation or had been absconded with.

Qabian wrote in the margin "Good," and turned to another page where he crossed off Crow's name from a list. "Can't wait to see what this one comes up with for a Sacrifice," the mage muttered to himself.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner