Regarding Rona'zae's Trial of Sacrifice

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Rona'zae

Regarding Rona'zae's Trial of Sacrifice

Unread post by Rona'zae »

A letter with a familiar print has once again found its way to the mailboxes of the Inquisitors. The front of the folded parchment simply read "Trial of Sacrifice", with the recognizable signature of one of the supplicants, Rona'zae. However, upon opening the letter, it is not a report of the huntress' trial. Rather, a few, quickly printed lines were there, a simple inquiry from the Shadow Hunter.

"To the bossmons,

Sorry to disappoint you in not sending in an actual report of my trial, yet. However, since this is a bit more involved and intimate than the Trial of Combat, I wanted to send you my idea for my own trial, pending your approval of course.

As many of you are aware, I call myself a Shadow Hunter. However, unlike many of the other Darkspears that have this title, I am not magically inclined. I cannot perform hexes, curses and hoodoo, like they can. My talents lie in lurking in the shadows of the wild, stalking my prey and hunting them down. And, as a Hunter, I have become adept at commanding the beasts of nature to fight at my beck and call.

Throughout the years, I have brought many beasts into my fold, and stabled them for later use when I have need of them. However, due to my nature of a creature of shadow, some of them have come under neglect. Times change, ya know? They have special meaning in my heart, of course, but their usefulness to my, and your, cause has passed. They are becoming feral again, perhaps more than they were when I first tamed them.

If it will satisfy the demands of the trial, I offer my former companions as tribute to our cause. I will release them, in a contained area, where they will hunger and thirst for blood, and perhaps some of them will even wish for revenge on me. I wouldn't blame them. I will slay my former allies. I will offer their hides and skulls as trophies, a physical representation of my dedication to The Grim, to my desire to uphold The Mandate, and a showing of how I have grown from a youngling in the wilds of Azeroth. I have become a beast in my own right, and I will hunt our enemies and bring us peace through annihilation.

At your word, I will begin preparations."

~ Shadow Hunter Rona'zae.
Qabian

Re: Regarding Rona'zae's Trial of Sacrifice

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian finally got around to checking his paperwork. He had selected one of the caves from the system below the Arathi snows, and was in the process of having it modified to suit him. It was a mess, stone dust and wooden beams haphazardly piled, half-built furniture, the desk was just a wood panel balanced on three stones.

He frowned as he read Rona'zae's letter. The mage had never understood attachment to animals, but he wasn't about to deny there was some poetry to the troll's proposal. It might even be better, given Qabian's lack of empathy, that this particular test was no longer under his observation.

He wrote the name Khorshah on the page and shifted it to the pile of papers destined for the Tauren.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Khorshah
Lost

Re: Regarding Rona'zae's Trial of Sacrifice

Unread post by Khorshah »

Khorshah eyed the shattered remains of his skeletal scribe, and glared at the corpse of the ogre whose club had cracked the servant's skull. He mused for a moment on the value of reanimating the big lump, shook his head, then pulled out paper and pen and got to work writing the letter himself.
Rona'zae,

As it happens I have a collection of interesting skulls. An addition to it would be welcome. The sacrifice is acceptable and should make a fine spectacle.

Khorshah
The Cold Hand
Inquisitor
He rummaged around in the pile of broken bones until he found the seal and wax, rolled up the parchment, scribbled the Supplicant's name on the outside, and sealed it. The mail carrier could deal with it from there.