Trial of Combat: Traejan

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Traejan
Lost

Trial of Combat: Traejan

Unread post by Traejan »

With no hall to hand-deliver anything to as of yet, another neatly penned letter arrives just the same as the others that came before.

To the Grim,

I am probably in no position to be asking favours, but I hope you will excuse my lack of specific names in this report. There was much to observe and much going on and I was admittedly unfamiliar with many of the others at the time, but I will report on that which I do recall.

I accompanied a small squad venturing into Atal'Dazar. I will say this is an area I have wanted to see for myself as the state of things has continued to worsen in Zuldazar. I have been studying the trollish blood magic as well as the nature of the undead. Going in, I wondered how much I might actually be able to observe or if we would be entirely consumed throughout simply trying to fend off attacks. At the end of everything, I can say I was quite impressed with the skills of the others.

It often takes time for individuals to be able to pull together as a unit and work well, but the others were able to do so very quickly. We were able to move as a coordinated force and overwhelm our enemies. None slipped into the dangerous 'tunnel vision' of combat, knowing when to break from the attack to counter other threats. This sort of group cohesion is important to me, as I like to know I can do what I do with the knowledge that those who fight alongside me are reliable. When explosives are involved, it helps to know that a comrade isn't going to stupidly wander into the path of a rocket, after all. I am accustomed to working among the Forsaken who, in my experience, are very good about carrying out tasks with a single-minded purpose. Personalities do not too often factor into things. It has been some time since I worked actively with a number of the living, so I was pleased to see the words the Grim have spoken put into action -- it's very easy to say what one fights for and express a willingness also support others, but much harder to do.

None have thus far balked at my methods as well, which is always welcome.

My thoughts turn now to the second trial, and I believe I have an idea in mind. I am encouraged by what I have seen of the Grim.

- Traejan Lightrend
Qabian

Re: Trial of Combat: Traejan

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian frowned at the lack of names and specifics in the report, but was placated by the insights and in the end scratched a Good enough. ~Q in the margin as he added the report to the pile to be posted later.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner