Trial one (Skahta): Story of the Grimtotem from a Mad perspective

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Dullahean

Trial one (Skahta): Story of the Grimtotem from a Mad perspective

Unread post by Dullahean »

*The dark purple aura Tauren enters the Tavern before the Inquisitors whom wished his report. The clothing on him is dark and creepy. Seemingly made from Tauren flesh. The flesh was cut in thin strips and sewen together haphazardly and died or bleached. The metal on his form is chains tempered from metal and bone mixed together. Anyone who knows what to look for or is reading minds can tell he is insane. Ferocious almost primal in the way he does things. Rather chaotic to where someone may not be able to predict his next move. The clop of hooves echoed in the hall as if they waited upon baited breath for some sort of punchline. He cackles softly and begins.*

"Long before this time. Before the Bloodhoof was uniting most of the ..." *he paused his eyes narrowing and he sighs.* "common Tribes. The Grimtotem were there. We saw the Orcs, we saw the Trolls, they fought, they scraped but many did not survive. Many were like animals themselves. The few that weren't were not worth the cunning that we were. Tauren surived because of us. They do not remember it but we do. Every single day we wake up we see the sun and we hear the whispers in the dark. We were the dark side of our tribes. We took every Tauren who followed in the shadows footsteps. They knew that by joining us we had to do ANYTHING to make us survive. Including unhonorable things to kill the human ilk and the nightelf bastards who thought themselves better than us."

*He swivels his hoof and clops on the ground again.. extending his black furred hands.*
"When we saw the other tribes agree with the horde. We didn't agree. We didn't see the worth of it. We kept killing what we could capturing what we saw valuable. And if the humans would enslave us.. " *he gave a mad grin.* "Two can play at that. We can show the humans just how much they are animals just like they think we are."

"Originally the Grimtotem were ruled by males. Until one female married the leader. Through her we were encouraged to do cunning things to win. She got to power when her husband was killed in an climbing accident. Though the whispers tell me he was on a vision quest and unbeknownst to him he was poisoned."

"Magatha was the leader for a long time. There were rumors of causing the death of Cairne.. however she did not wish a martyr.. She made a deal, she would get an amount of land in the deal but just like orcs it never came to pass. She was a fool for dealing without reprecussions in this."

"We took what we could, gave nothing back. It was who we are. We are warriors of cunning and guile. we were slippery creatures whom would do anything for our survival and the tribe, this is where I see similarities in the Grim and the Grimtotem. Except some of what the grimtotem call "lesser races" Actually have some merit."

"The forsaken have always had a place near the Grimtotem. Only they understood our grim outlook. Only they undestood what it must TAKE to win what we need to survive. While other races had balked at some of our methods. The forsaken thought they were cunning and to be utilized. In the entrance of the Banshee queen to the Horde as leader there has been no better time to join the horde for a Grimtotem. Still With our skirmishes and ill will with Tauren. It still leaves us outcast especially with the Highmountain joining in as well."

"Grim totem see both paths. The path of the sun and the path of the shadow. In walking both it knows the whispers and it knows when the sun shines."
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Trial one (Skahta): Story of the Grimtotem from a Mad perspective

Unread post by Syreenna »

Syreena listened intently to Skahta's story, nodding occasionally. She showed no sign of being bothered by his apparent madness.

"The similarities you point out between The Grim and your old tribe are interesting," the little rogue said when he finished. "You are not the first Grimtotem to walk among us. Your first Trial is complete. Your next Trial is a Trial of Sacrifice, to prove you've left your old life behind for good in favor of living only a Grim life from now on."
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Dullahean

Re: Trial one (Skahta): Story of the Grimtotem from a Mad perspective

Unread post by Dullahean »

*He tilts his head at the forsaken idly.. and gives a insane chuckle.. sliding his fingers along the fleshed robes some of the skin long dried the chains made from what looks like troll bone. The dark aura creeping around it like a soft fire. He pulls it off.. Detaching a lock from his neck there was a molar on the end it looked tauren He of course had something covering his nethers. He set the garment on the table near Syreena.*

"That is all my trials. All my worth, Every story, Every foe I fell during my time as a Grimtotem. That necklace was my freedom from the domination of my captor. If I belong to the Grim. I have no need of the reminder of freedom I am free to be Grim."

*He steps to the side grabbing a new garment. It was skins. Many whites and blue, looks like two night elf heads on either shoulders. Chains covering their eyes the ears were cut off apparently in the pockets of the old garments for Syreena. The garment looked better made. Tempered to withstand a great deal even blessed with the void. The purple seemed to shine around his head even as his eyes were still covered by the hood.*

"This one is what foes I have killed since I joined in the hoofsteps of the Grim. I have been making this a long time while I was doing the first trail."

*He slides it on.* "Is that an acceptable sacrifice? I admit, the closest thing I have is the vengance for my dead captor. It is yours."