Monster on Display (Open)

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Maikull
Lost

Monster on Display (Open)

Unread post by Maikull »

The Forgotten Crypt lies behind the tower of Karazhan, in the cemetery at Morgan's Plot. The purpose of the crypt was unknown, sealed by a magical portcullis probably by the Guardian Medivh himself. But there was no where the Maleficar could not go, or reach. That’s why he had chosen this spot to hold the beast. She had already attempted to reach the guild hall, and once he identified she served under the "Twilight Empire", he felt it best to keep her at an arms length to prevent any would-be rescue attempts from disturbing the sanctity of the Grim Hall.

Boneslave had followed instructions well, he was almost envious of Khorvis for finding competent help. The Undead Death knight was waiting behind the Portcullis for him, giving his customary subservient bow to the Mage. "Where did you put the body?" Mai’kull asked as he looked about the room. "Where instructed my lord, she lies in the pit!" Mai’kull nodded "Good...lets take a look shall we?"

Kiannis' instructions were that she was alive and able to speak, but Mai’kull didn’t do it for the gold, he did it for retaliation for the woman’s fool attempt to strike at the Grim. He had been mailed the reward already, after the official notice was sent to the Inquisitor, but he had not personally met with them yet, or furnished the body, he wanted to have his fun first.

Standing over the pit he could see Katrynne's broken and charred body. Boneslave had tossed her like a sack of garbage down into the pit where she laid on the ritualistic stone. The Magister took a moment to review his work, mentally replaying the fight in his head. He should have ended it quicker than he did, trying to go toe to toe with a melee fighter was foolish and arrogant, thankfully he had enough precautions in place.

However he didn’t want to just capture or kill her, he wanted to break her, he wanted to shatter her will and resolve, to throw everything she had at him and fail, to know the true meaning of defeat. He could see that in her eyes as soon as Reaves was activated, he only wished he could see over the Mechanical Shredders Main Cannon as the life left her eyes.

As Mai'kull stepped off the platform looking before the pit, Boneslave took his place there, almost as if he anticipated the Mage's wishes. With a nod from the Executioner, Boneslave reached out with necrotic tendrils, which wrapped itself around the broken Worgen's body, lifting it high into the air.

The deathknight began to pour dark energy into the shattered form until finally the breath of life came back into her, most notably her eyes snapped wide as she began choking for air once more. Boneslave let her wiggle there in shock, fear, and agony; savoring the beasts suffering before letting her crash back down into the pit. Her legs, still broken left her crumpled onto the floor as the pain of all her injuries rushed back through her nervous system.

Mai’kull watched Kat lay there, whimpering uncontrollably in pain. He was unsure what was going through her mind, but he didn’t care anymore. The game was over, and this was business. He aimed an apparent double barrel rifle at the creature and pulled the trigger. The Gnomish Net Launcher spewed a large net over the Worgen, the small caltrops that lined each notch dug in where flesh was accessible, pinning her to the floor. Mai’kull handed the launcher off to Boneslave behind him, never taking his eyes off his prisoner.

"Can you feel it?" The Maleficar said, kneeling close to the edge. "That stone your resting upon holds the essence of over a thousand leeches and mana wyrm's. As your body presses against it, they ever so gently syphon your life, and mana away from you, just enough to keep you weak, but not enough to kill you. That net I hit you with is enchanted to do the same, every time you struggle it saps your energy and becomes that much stronger. So if you had the slightest delusion you were getting out of here, don’t."

Mai’kull stood, looking down on his prey, "You angered a lot of people with your little escapades. And they were willing to pay, ALOT of gold to put you down." he said, withdrawing a hefty sack from a portable hole he had summoned. Within it held thousands of golden pieces, ten thousand to be exact. The mage picked one up, and tossed it at Katrynne, then another, then a pinch of coins, a handful, until he eventually upturned the whole bag onto the beast, pelting her with a hail of hard-pressed golden slag.

"But your worthless to me..." the mage said, with a look of disgust on his mask-pressed face. "You think a single person could dare challenge the will of the mandate?! You think you could start a revolution by showing others there were no consequence to challenging the Grim?!" The flames grew around the mage as he spoke, but he allowed himself to calm before continuing, "Well look where you are now. You, will be the lesson to all that NO ONE! No one will dare stand in our way, and you will be the shining consequence of what happens when you do..."

"Others will learn, not just from what were going to do to you, but what I will do in your stead...." The mage smirked as the Illusionary magic enveloped him, turning into a perfect copy of the Rogue. "I’m going to tear everything you ever were apart, from the inside out. I’m going to hunt, every person you ever knew and loved, and the last face they will see before they die wont be a menacing Orc or Forsaken...but your own, looking back at them as I stab out every one of their hearts. I only hope the Commander leaves you alive long enough for me to drown you in all of them."

Immeasurable amount of pain was coursing through her body, but she could hear the Forsaken chastising her. She could only muster a growl as she looked up at the mage, “Why bring me back? You just want to get your kicks” The mage only gleamed at her, once again with a malevolent smile. “Death is a release…not a punishment. And believe me Kitten…your punishment is coming VERY soon.”

As Mai’kull turned away from the pit and stepped off the platform, he looked to Boneslave, “Notify the Inquisitors…Their Monster Hunt is over. Ill be opening a Portal from the Guild Hall to this Chamber for…Easy access. I must change and get ready for our Ceremony tonight...with luck, the Lasher will have a hand at her torment."